Rooting gel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rapid Rooters and Dip n Grow.. Like magic. Plus inexpensive, you'll spill the Dip n Grow before you use it all.. ha. and the stuff will root a telephone poll to a cliffside.. dayum. I use that or just use nothing..
and a little trick I do, tear off a tiny chunk of the RR plug and shove it down into the holes top near the stem to keep the plants/clones, from twisting..

Took more cuts today so the house is more like a daycare. Followed GMO's formula. Mostly ...Boo, had to use gel. No liquid in stock so I took a self educated wild azz guess and shook it.

I have to use a heat mat is another variance. My clone area is in the basement....cool down there.

Other than that 🤞

pute, I use the gel with my cuts and the solution for feeding them once they have roots...GMO walked me thru it and it's been super easy once I realized the mistake I was making...I smoked some peanut butter breath last night, stuff it pretty good but not near as good as the gorilla breath...that stuff is a keeper...

pute, I use the gel with my cuts and the solution for feeding them once they have roots...GMO walked me thru it and it's been super easy once I realized the mistake I was making...I smoked some peanut butter breath last night, stuff it pretty good but not near as good as the gorilla breath...that stuff is a keeper...
Well, just like Ross Perot I am all ears. Just spoke with GMO..... respect sent.

I have found slow rooting clones to be caused by too much water or cold temps.
The rockwool should never look soaked, it should not drip if lifted up.

1671277587253.png

How old is the gel and have you kept it refrig?
I notice if it is older than 2 yrs and has changed color it will be most likely bad and lost the rooting Harmones needed to do its job.

Depends on how you kept it and how you used it.

If kept in the fridge, it will keep quite a long time. My Clonex is well over 2 years old and still good. I had some stored in a cabinet go bad pretty quick, less than a year. This was before I learned about keeping it in the fridge.

If you didn't dip any clones into the main bottle and contaminate it. I pour just what I need for clones in a small bottle. A shot glass will work well also. Dump it when done, so you don't contaminate the main bottle. Another lesson learned the hard way.
I use a shot glass, but I find the cuts tend to fall over. So I put the shot glass in a short tumbler, so cuts can rest on edge.

Bubba

Well what gave me 100% success last time over 100% failure the first time, was I put each plug in a Dixie cup with fluid (6.2 ph 5ml clones perLiter) about 2/3 s of the way up the plug. Soaked.
Rooted in about 9 days.

Bubba

Rooting Hormones are auxins, or plant growth regulators, that are involved in cell elongation and adventitious root formation. Difficult or slow to root crops can benefit greatly from rooting hormone application.

Not all pgr products are bad I reckon.

First time I took clones, I used some powdered crap bought at the local big box store. It worked, but not 100%. I built a non-patented clone-o-matic which was a low tupperware style box with holes cut in the lid to hold those little foam collars, ran a remote reservoir and a water pump. Straight water for the first few days and then weak goodies and lots of light worked great. I upgraded to a new system that I built (I'm a cheap fuker) with a large water pump and those little spray nozzles. The only time I lost a clone was when one of the little spray nozzle buggers would clog up due to all the lime and calcium in my well water.

IMG_20230803_090757_3.jpg

Doesn't matter how all that matters in the end is results...........safety first.

Latest posts

Back