rooting in rapid rooters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boo

old goat
Reaction score
as of late it seems my "touch" has left the house...been rooting in rapid rooters for ages, this run of cuts seems to have stalled...the part of the stem in the rooters is rotting on a few and they seem over watered as half if the rooters are soaking wet, the other half looks fine...water pH'd to around 6.0, added a shot of cal mag and put the dome on...any thoughts...all moms are healthy...thanks in advance...

Maybe a bad batch or inconsistency in the materials of the rapid rooters? Sometimes plant do lose vigor over time if the mom gets stressed, but this kind of seems like an anomaly.

Leave the dome off. I have rooted many clones without domes or rapid rooters. Actually i have never used rapid rooters,,, i use soil or bubblers.

same here Boo , rapid rooters forever..

I went to a heated mat after a few fails...my root temps were off , too cold

Believe it or not i have cloned plants of all kinds including weed in my outside Fountain that has drop offs where water goes from one level to another. Neoprene inserts just float their asses around in the pools of oxygenated water of the fountain. They love it.😁

I have been doing clones since I started. Over the years I have tried hormax, dip and grow, og biowar and now clonex as a rooting gell. I started with rapid rooters but now use 2" rockwool cubes. I just recently had a conversation with the guy at the grow store which is a distant friend and here is exactly what he said..... "Keep it simple, dome, heat mat at 78f at the roots. Use tap water, clonex (keep it in the refrigerator and dip well), T 5 lights, well away at first and slowly move the light closer.

I have done it exactly this way the last two times and had great success. This is simple and easy and you should have over 90% success. Only thing Boo, well water may not be consistent. I have always used r/o with success and you might want to go that way as well water might have something they don't like.

Yup, he said tap water. Chlorine keeps things clean. He said and It works for me.

Last edited:
Yep as the old saying goes "Keep it simple stupid". 😁

I use to cut from plant, dip in clonex and then straight to soil, on a heat mat, under a dome. I had about 75-80% success.

I bought a clone machine, only 24 sites, but that thing has been 100% and roots typically show within 8 days. I'm sold on the machines, paid about $80 for it on amazon.

Just gonna take me a few days,,im hiding in Putes Clone room.😁

im using RO water with 5 ml. of calmag/gallon...temps are 78 degrees and I'm seeing mush and slightly yellowing of the cuts...dunno

Latest posts

Back