Rooting in Rockwool using Olivia's Gel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do I do...I have never lost a clone till this time. I had a heating pad under it to keep um warm..Beats me what happened.
Gotcha OG, I am there.

*yea i know my clones need some manganese...moms been fed :)

i loved my aeroponic rooter the frist 5 times i used it.. after that it killed more and more cuttings everytime i used it.. i used bubbler to root clones the very first time i took them.. that worked great then every time after that not so good.. the thing to remember is.... the clones need all the things a regular plant does.. yes U need to keep them misted and it needs to be very humid at first.. but they still suck the c02 out of the air.. so fresh air needs to be brought into the dome every so often.. lift the dome.. fan the cuttings.. mist and put the dome back.. after a few days try opening the vents on the top to let air move in and out.. the more U do this the better chance at success.. put a heat pad under the trey with a thermostat.. set it on 80F.. this will keep the cubes warmer and promote faster rooting.. check the water ever day to make sure there is enough.. change the water in the trey every few days or even every day if you want.. basicly just take care of your babys. the more attention you give to them the better and faster they will root and grow..

VERRRRY GOOD BLEEK!

A much more indepth view into his rooting style.

As with mine there is more to it then cut dip root...

-soak rapid rooters in pH 6.0 600ppm solution of Gh3 part
- cut clone from mom JUST BELOW A NODE. Shave off that node above cut AND SWIRL CLONE STEM IN ROOT TECH GEL.
- Stab clone into presoaked rapid rooter, pull out and put more clone gel on stem then stab 2nd time.
- Cut all fan leaves in half and leave new shoots
- Mist with 2 drops eagle 20/10oz water and pHd water, close lid for 4 days
- open lid mist again reg water
- check roots
- if not rooted pour more 600 ppm nute water AND 1/2 of a 3$ bottle of dissolved root tech over all clones focusing on rooter pellets.
-2 days everything will be mad rooted

Thanks for the cool ideas folks.

OGK, what amounts of each component of the GH 3 part do you use in ml?

3-2-1-1

gro micro bloom pH...and put a little root hormone in the rapid rooter soak water...;)

OGKushman said:
3-2-1-1

gro micro bloom pH...and put a little root hormone in the rapid rooter soak water...;)

I'm sorry man, I'm not being dense here, but I know you don't mean 3ml per/gallon, 2ml per/gallon and 1ml per/gallon.

How much of each do you put into each gallon?

Thanks man. The only way I mix GH is by ml/gallon. I don't even own a ppm meter.

sorry stony i thought it was a gallon bowl!

just checked my bowl i use and its just over half gallon. 70 ounces of 200ppm tap water

so

my formula is 70oz of 200ppm 7.0ph tap + 3,2,1ml's GH3 and 1-2ml of pH down = 600ppm of
good ol clone solution. If u feel unlucky then toss some hormone in it...

Hope any of my numbers belp!
Sorry to mislead u at all bro.

:48:

The directions said don't try to root the fast growing top, I did that and it rooted. I'm not an advanced nutrients guy, but I'm sold on this product.

OGKushman said:
70oz of 200ppm 7.0ph tap + 3,2,1ml's GH3

Ok, so what you're saying is:

3ml of Grow
2ml of micro
1ml of Bloom
1ml of Rooting hormone

for a half gallon of pH'd water.

Right?

I think I have what you mean now. Thanks again man.

yes! that should work fine. i was getting too technical. lol

:)

OGKushman said:
yes! that should work fine. i was getting too technical. lol
:)

Thanks for your patience OGK. I used to be a database designer and had to make sure that everyone who would use a database I made could understand every instruction in it exactly the same.

This rooting subject is so important to so many people who will read this later, I wanted to make it as clear as possible for later readers.

Thanks again man!

just wondering... what PH is everybody using in there clone water?

update...
The OGKushman mix:

3ml of Grow
2ml of micro
1ml of Bloom
1ml of Rooting hormone
for a half gallon of pH'd water.
600ppm

i tryed this on some clones i had rooting in just water and wow.. the roots exploded.. thanks alot. i will be using this every time i take cuts from now on. peace

So far, only 3 of the 12 I put in rockwool cubes have rooted. Those three are doing great, but I need eight.

I bought some peat pellets and will use OGK's mix to root more.

Latest posts

Back