Roots of the month?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surfer Joe

Reaction score
I noticed that they have a bud of the month contest here, and was wondering if there was a roots of the month contest?

These are from a photoperiod plant grown in a 30L bubble bucket in about 25L of nute solution with a big airstone.
I was careful to keep any light out of the bucket and the nute solution temp between 18-22C and the Ph between 5.3-6.1.
The EC varied during the grow but was as high as 1.8 for several weeks during heaviest growth.
I changed the bucket once a week with fresh nutes.
I just use the Canna aqua nute range and follow its guide and add some calmag, silicon and superthrive vitamins, plus some extra pk13/14 in mid flower.
The plant drinks about 5L/day and I just refill it with ph 5.6 water each day until the next bucket change.
I keep track of the Ph and EC between each bucket change, but I don't mess with it and it stays in a normal range.
The roots smell fresh and had pretty much reached the limits of the bucket in size by about the 7th week.

1-3.jpg
4-6.jpg
7-9.jpg

@WeedHopper judging by the frozen Gatorade bottle that I can see on my picture, and knowing I took the picture last May, I'd have to say that I was already struggling with reservoir temperature. It was likely in the 66-71f range. When I set up my chiller this year I'm going to program it to keep the solution at 65f, +/-1f.

Yeah. When I was growing in Florida it was a real pain in the ass having to use frozen water bottles trying to keep my DWC temps down. The warmer the water the less white the roots would be. I finally switched to soil.

Latest posts

Back