rose does LED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your ladies look great! How you like the LEDS vs HPS? I did a study not long ago for a LED Co. on LED vs HPS & was gifted the system for doing so. However I plan on going ahead and getting another. Could you recommend 1? Or would you recommend the ones your using? Thanks, Dank.

Dank, i don't feel qualified to recommend these yet or any others. I can say that i am very happy with the ones I have, but it has only been a month. Stay tuned...

Ok, way time for an update. I am trying to learn how to grow under led. Pj and a youtube guy have been explaining that i need to open up and get rid of leaves that block the light and that would have popcorn.

I don't know if i have mentioned that I am vegging under the leds and they internode spacing is quite small. Yes, smaller then t5s.

So far my temps are still running 4 degrees hotter then outside. As opposed to 14 degrees before led.

Ok, here are some pictures of the girls after taking 18 clones today and transplanting the 6 into 3 gallon smart pots.

I am having a hard time learning the trimming style needed to compliment these lights.
View attachment DSCF3056.JPG

View attachment DSCF3057.JPG

View attachment DSCF3058.jpg

View attachment DSCF3059.JPG

View attachment I cookies.JPG

View attachment DSCF3061.jpg I think this last one is Northern lights, but not sure.

This was just a small leaf removal since i was cloning. I realize i am going to have to take more off eventually, GULP? Talk to me PJ and Mr1 and Hammy and all ya all that have been down this path. These genetics area special and i don't want to blow it my first full grow..

thank you. Lilys are so easy and so pretty.. Thanks for stopping in.

Ok, way time for an update. I am trying to learn how to grow under led. Pj and a youtube guy have been explaining that i need to open up and get rid of leaves that block the light and that would have popcorn.

I don't know if i have mentioned that I am vegging under the leds and they internode spacing is quite small. Yes, smaller then t5s.

So far my temps are still running 4 degrees hotter then outside. As opposed to 14 degrees before led.

Ok, here are some pictures of the girls after taking 18 clones today and transplanting the 6 into 3 gallon smart pots.

I am having a hard time learning the trimming style needed to compliment these lights.
View attachment 215045

View attachment 215046

View attachment 215047

View attachment 215048

View attachment 215049

View attachment 215050 I think this last one is Northern lights, but not sure.

This was just a small leaf removal since i was cloning. I realize i am going to have to take more off eventually, GULP? Talk to me PJ and Mr1 and Hammy and all ya all that have been down this path. These genetics area special and i don't want to blow it my first full grow..
i have this girl under leds and i removed the lower growth early and shes still turning into a monster View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1403481701578.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1403481715324.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 179
How many inches of penetration do you have with your lights? Have you been using led for a while? Very cool.

Hello Rosebud, I am a greenhorn just like you with the led. I am still growing the same way I did with hid so I can see what the plants look like since I have not grown the strains I have right now before. Everything is looking great there Rosebud. I don't have the same light as you Rosebud but my led has about the same, I will say light intensity at a given distance instead of penetration as my 430w hid, because they both reach just as far. Example , my bat pheno was about 30" high and the bottom buds were still nice and dense with the light about 20 to24" away from the top of plant. The other 2 plants are less dense with more leaf but I believe it is because of the differant pheno. Did any of that make sense ?

Yes that all made since. I was figuring about 12 inches of penetration..I believe that is what the nice guru PJ said. Have you watched the you tube guy pruning his stuff? IF not I will get it for you.

I have always had a little popcorn,sometimes a lot, but I am ready to up this game and prune the heck out of it if I can get some decent colas, which I am planning on. So far the lights are so nice. It is hard for me to prune hard. Orange told me to look at the plant and see where all the bud sites are going to be and what you want the plant to look like at harvest. That helped.

MR1, i do believe you but it is hard to believe light penetrated that big ole cola you had on that one satori. I keep my veg lights about 12 inches away. Have you noticed the consistency or feel of the leaves are different under LED? I have. Can't explain it though.

Lets do this..... we can do this.

Rosebud what is the guys name on youtube , I may have seen it. You are getting good advice, I will do that too. Difference in feel of leaves, yeah they are stickier. I did notice Satori has some huge leaves, I did have to do some pruning, but I managed to tuck a lot of them out of the way of the buds.

Plants all look fine Rose. I'd give them maybe a week more and flip. Better to flip a little earlier rather than later so you can see what each strain does for you.

Just get some stakes ready to open them up once they start to flower to keep any of the lower bud sites from being shaded, but so far you look golden.

Rosebud what is the guys name on youtube , I may have seen it. You are getting good advice, I will do that too. Difference in feel of leaves, yeah they are stickier. I did notice Satori has some huge leaves, I did have to do some pruning, but I managed to tuck a lot of them out of the way of the buds.

The name is Colorado's finest:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7seso9R8g3vUM9jD0vC9RA

Yeah that is the video I saw, one heck of a nice harvest. The Chopping Monster Train one.

How many inches of penetration do you have with your lights? Have you been using led for a while? Very cool.
this is my first run with all leds. so i dont know but i seem to be getting about 3 feet of penetration but well see when the ones in my tent right now finish. the light i have over that one is a ti smartlamp probloom 600 supposed to be able to cover a 4x4 but i dont know if i trust that.

Plants all look fine Rose. I'd give them maybe a week more and flip. Better to flip a little earlier rather than later so you can see what each strain does for you.

Just get some stakes ready to open them up once they start to flower to keep any of the lower bud sites from being shaded, but so far you look golden.

The name is Colorado's finest:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7seso9R8g3vUM9jD0vC9RA

The stakes are in my car, silly place huh. So i understand staking each main branch. Then am i taking out everything in the middle? I need counseling...lol. Why is this so hard to do.? Then i remove any leaves that are shading the other buds. Keep the canopy's all the same height if I can.

Thank you for holding my hand thru this PJ and all the rest of you. Such a different mid set then thinking the fan leaf police will show up if i remove a leaf...

Thank you for posting the link PJ.
Thanks everyone...please don't stop with the suggestions.

The stakes are in my car, silly place huh. So i understand staking each main branch.

Then am i taking out everything in the middle? No, I have never said that at all.

I need counseling...lol. Why is this so hard to do.? Then i remove any leaves that are shading the other buds.

No, I have never stated that either.

Keep the canopy's all the same height if I can.
Ding ding ding, think SOG on each plant and instead of having one main cola, think 8 to 12 main cola's as even as possible, but don't trip over it. That Jack for example is going to be all over the place as she is just that way, while a couple of the others it wonlt seem like you need to do much at all.

Thank you for posting the link PJ.

Just remember there is a thread at the other spot on this very subject, so if you have questions, ask away. You will succeed first run, trust me.

:stoned:

Man, i am sure glad I had all the info correctView attachment laughing smilie.gif

I will do better, i promise. It just looked to me that 3/4 of the leaves are gone. and there is nothing in the middle...

Thank you and I will be stalking you soon.

Man, i am sure glad I had all the info correctView attachment 215080

I will do better, i promise. It just looked to me that 3/4 of the leaves are gone. and there is nothing in the middle...

Thank you and I will be stalking you soon.
You have my number and are free to call anytime you are unsure about something or just wanna shoot the bull.

All of the pics you have seen are right after staking, so yeah there is not much in the middle at that point. That, and I also run a lot of different kushes which makes them look a bit sparse at that point.
:48:

Here is an update of the girls. Only two are staked and need to get the others staked then flip. This won't happen till after the holiday but that i ok, i hope.

Three satoris taking their darn time about showing sex. feeling like a gynocologist checking... I evn stuck them outside,for three nights, but they don't care. I think the girls in my closet are going to be too big to have a satori in there. She (it) may go outside. I prefer inside grown satori. So we will see. I have ordered another light so maybe I could do all 7 girls in there
Here is what i am talking about... and my nurse larry outside, just cause i love her.

View attachment DSCF3083.jpg

View attachment DSCF3084.jpg

View attachment DSCF3085.jpg

View attachment DSCF3086.jpg

View attachment DSCF3081.jpg

Everything is looking good in Rosebud land. I have a question about your fabric pots, I see you have trays under your pots, do you leave them there or do you remove after watering, I have my pots on an expanded steel so they get air from below? I ordered 4, 1 gallon Geo pots for $2.99 each to try out, 2 gal are $3.50, 3 gal is $ 4 and 5 gal is $5. Are the prices good?

Latest posts

Back