rose does LED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Rosebud

Some of you have been asking what i think of my new lights... Here is a picture of them. View attachment 2_3.jpg I got two of these and they cost around 240.00 each. They needed to replace a 600 and 400 HPS.

When i was deciding, i realized if i had to buy an ounce or two of pot, that would cover the new lights.

I live in the desert and it is HOT in the summer and even in the spring. So rather then not grow I dipped my toe in LED's.

So far I am pleased. I just harvested my satori's. they were only under the new lights for 18 days. They didn't look as tired and done as my plants usually do at harvest. To be fair, i have changed my soil this grow too and my plants have never looked so good and happy. This is my biggest satori harvest ever, but i don't think we can say 18 days under LED's did that. But I know the led's helped that plant look a lot better.

Let me tell you what i love about LED's so far. They are quiet. there is no ballast, they are not hot, and my plants like them better then HPS. I love going in there and watching the plants...with out being blown away by the noise and wind. MUCH less watering.... less feeding... less nutes...less power...woohoo.

I am thinking about getting a veg light too as my t5's are giving up.

I will keep you posted better after I have a complete grow under them...

You know what else i love? Pink...[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• DSCF2454.JPG
    371.3 KB · Views: 413
  • DSCF2458.JPG
    448.2 KB · Views: 391
Thank you for sharing your opinions. Definitely making rethink how I view LED's.

Great grow by the way. :)

What's the optimum distance you keep your canopy from the LED's? Do they get light bleaching if too close to the LED's?

Looking good Rose. Thanks for your opinion on them.

I hear you do get bleaching if too close. I haven't seen that yet. I had mine 12 inches above the canopy and had no real stretch. I was told the distance was 12-14 inches above the plants.

thanks Rose :aok:

Didn't think their light penetration was that good....cool.

Wow thanks for sharing this rose. I think this could convince some people to rethink the possibility of other options. I like new tech!!!!

Rose, Can you tel us more about the LED light? Watts? Bandwidth? Brand name? and maybe where you bought it if it was online?

Hi Chazmanine, LED Output Power: 144*3watt

Draw Power:250~300W

Dimension:837x264x50mm

Voltage: AC85~265V

View Angle of leds: 90° /120

Lifespan 50,000-100,000hours

N.W.: 8.4KG G.W.: 9KG

Coverage :6.6'x2.2' Standard

Spectrum: 430~440nm, 450~475nm 620~630nm, 650~660nm, IR, and white

Plug Type: AU,USA,Japan,EU,UK,Swiss,etc.

Warehouse : USA,AU,UK

http://www.topledgrowlight.com/reflector-led-grow-light-144x3w.html#.U2wEDvldV8E

This particular light is one you can use for veg or flower. Both switches are on for flower and just the veg light is used for veg. Hope that helps.

Rose what kind of coverage do you get with one of those lights? I might have to talk the wife into getting at least one now so I can grow through out the Summer this year. Then pick up another before the Winter Grow Season.

I'm working on getting a line of lights that you can start small and connect together like grow Lego lights.

Rose what kind of coverage do you get with one of those lights? I might have to talk the wife into getting at least one now so I can grow through out the Summer this year. Then pick up another before the Winter Grow Season.
3x4 effectively in terms of coverage. I've not checked the exact specs quite yet but I do have all the meters in hand to do so soon.

That said they make several configurations so one could cover pretty much any size.

3x4 effectively in terms of coverage. I've not checked the exact specs quite yet but I do have all the meters in hand to do so soon.

That said they make several configurations so one could cover pretty much any size.

Thanks PJ. Still working on the wife. :)

Hammy, i just went out and measured and I would say 4'x3' for one light coverage.. I got two and they did 8 feet long just fine.

Tell your wife to call me... lol

And a huge thank you to P JAMMERS, for helping me with this new wonderful technology.

So you havn't used this light through the entire flowering time, correct? Do i understand that Pjammers has used these and that there a good solid light? I have a 300w advanced LED that I have flowered with good success. Using it in my veg tent now and the girls seem to like it over the t5's. But i'd like to put that back in my flower room so i'm looking for a light to cover a 55 x 55 space. I'm thinking two of the 300 watt lights.

No, Chaz, it has only been up three weeks.

PJammers, who can certainly come on in here and talk to us, posted this light. He wanted me to wait to buy it until he had time to use it, but I was in a hurry and got them anyway. I believe he had the same company build one to his specs. I just got the "out of the box" plug and play.

My grow space is 8 Feet long. and I had a double row of 5 gallon pots. Seemed to do the trick well with two of these lights.

Thanks for the info.
I have been thinking about upgrading to LED for a while now and your info. Was helpful.

I just about have the wife on board. I guess I need to have a talk with PJ. :D Thanks for your impression so far Rose. It has helped me make up my mind.

Latest posts

Back