Rose is growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi people, it has been in the triple digits for over a week now, these plants are so amazing. They stand out there sometimes in a hot wind and live.
DSCF5201.JPG
DSCF5193.JPG
DSCF5201.JPG
DSCF5195.JPG

Awesome garden Rose, I did put a headband clone in my garden just to be able to grow something, it's 7 ' tall and growing, using fox farm but looking to try outdoor again next season with all organic, will be watching yours.
and looking at organic feed. Keep growing like you do so I can take some lessons.

Well thanks Smokingranpa! Worm castings and bat guano are my friends. Congrats on the headband, sounds like a big girl. Mojo to you.

Hi Rose :) beautiful plants. I wish you the best of luck this year in preventing pests from the surroundings. Did you take any further measures than last year's?

Those flowers are beautiful. Plants look great for having all the heat...Nice work Rose. :)

Hi zem, nice to see you. well, we are spraying an organic citric acid spray weekly and keeping a close eye. Fingers are crossed too. I hope all the beneficials we used last year are out there. The main thing i am doing is a back up indoor grow incase the russets come back out doors. send me good luck will ya?
Thanks PP, nice to see you here.

Reactions: zem
looking awesome. very compact and bushy.

Good luck Rose! They are trees already. They shall grow above the fence and stand proud near those pines and willows :D

Zem, i forgot, i planted a big head of garlic in each hole and basil beside each plant, that is an old wives tale, but I am an old wife.:D

Reactions: zem
Lookin good Rose, what is the deal with the garlic and basil?

It is an old wives tale that it keeps the bugs away. We are still spraying dr zymes weekly. After last year I would stand on one foot and howl at the moon if it stopped russets. lol. Thanks for coming by RE!.

My Grandfather who taught me an awful lot about growing used to do stuff like that. He planted Dill as well as other beneficials. If I could remember 1/10 of what he taught me I would be a genius. lol He grew up on a farm. They did not use pesticides. Back in his day they called organic food "food". ha ha

After my experience with the greenhouse I always recommend it. A cover from above and fine netting closed tight from the sides, when done right, can prevent a lot of problems. It allows for extended seasons in winter too since you can close the sides as well with polysheets

Latest posts

Back