Rosebud does Mandala seeds.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Rose! How are ya? That spider just knows where to find the good buds that's all :banana: Your babies look great!

Rosebud said:
I am having so much fun having one girl, i wonder if i have two. This is Satori A What do you think?

THANK YOU.
I'm with TCBUD. It looks like female. But give it a day to be sure :cool:

Rosebud said:
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :aok: :aok: :banana: :banana: :dancing: :clap:

I got me a GIRL!!!! Pink Cigars!! Yes Skagit.

Time to clone eh?

Now, to take a pic of Satori A, if I can get one.

Congrats RB!!!~

I knew it all along! :rofl: awesome!

looks great mate. so far looks fem to me. keep up the good work.

It has to be all the female green mojo you have sent me..I do think both satories are girls.

I found aphids on my mandala girls. I can't believe it. Well, yes I can. Yesterday I went to throw out a bouquet of garden flowers my neighbor brought over after our dog died last week, When I saw aphids all over her flowers. Crap. So this morning i am looking at something that looks like water marks on my leaves. After inspection, first finding the ****, then the critter. All plants are taking their turn in the kitchen sink with warm water spraying the hell outta each and every leaf.
The thing with aphids are they are all female( till the fall) and they are all born Pregnant. And they reproduce every three days. so they aren't to be taken too lightly, although I hope much easier to eradicate then the dreaded s mites.

It took me a long time (several days) to pay any attention to this water marking on leaves. Had not seen that before. I was too busy looking for nanners. I hope i can get them with plain water, if not, safers will do it. Outside in the rose garden I just squish them with my fingers. The ones the birds don't eat. Now I think i know what that spider was eating. hm.
That is my thesis today. Thanks for all your help and support.

Just found out I can't lift 5 gallon smart pots when soaking wet, too heavy. oh oh.

:rofl:

OMG!!!

Rose...you obviously need to keep lifting.....the bong

:D

hey rose
have you dealt with aphids before?
i ask, just to be sure you've ID'd them correctly.
as the damage you speak of sounds more along the lines of thrips than aphids to me.
aphids (from everything i've seen) leave weird bumpy almost burn blister looking area's, not what i would call water marking. (i've only ever had them outside on the currant though, and what i've seen may just be the later damage?)

i'm sure you've got it covered (sounds like you know a lot more than i about them ;) ) just thought i'd post :)
take care

Kaotik, were you just in my grow room and heard me say, what the heck.
What I saw was a soft bodied wormy thing gold or green.
I do have black **** from somthing. I washed each leaf, but if it is thrip, that will not work.
I just know about aphids from master gardners..that they are all girls and all preg.
I do know thrip, I will take a picture, of course it is worse then i thought. And of course I took them in the flower room to get better light during the day and so have most likely infected in there.
I have the water mark and the bump.

BHO, do i need the little man or the weight.?

Oso, I need to lift some weights I guess. I wonder what that weighed. I did it, but it killed me.kinda.

Here is a couple of leaves, what do you think?
DSCF0885.JPG

DSCF0886.JPG

yikes
bummed to hear that rosie :(
i hear from a lot of my local buddies how much they hate thrips.. even more than spider mites and powder mildew. i beat them fine though.

i managed to defeat mine with a neem oil product called Einstein oil.
you'll likely need to apply whatever you use a few times (like most bugs they reproduce quick) but hopefully you can stop em

good luck :)

*the "soft bodied worm thingy" was enough to make me confident that's what you had.. the picture assured it :( sorry to say

so is your diagnosis thrip?
I have delt with thrip in roses for years, but have never looked at one under a scope.
Is that thrip?
What i see as thrip is minute tiny white things. That if you shake a rose over colored paper you can see it.
I am organic, so that makes things a little trickier.
Thanks kaotik?

neem oil is organic ;)
*i'm organic too

yes, my diagnosis would be thrips. but i'd not be offended if you wait for a second opinion ;) :D
seems they come in a few shapes and sezes.. i've dealt with mainly pale orange-ish ones, some flew, some just ran at mach speeds.

IDK what you got over there rose but letting the soil get really dry will help.

If the critters are living in the soil that should drive 'em out and/or kill 'em.

Dang Rose, sorry to hear about the bugs. From what I understand the Neem oil will mess the bugs reproduction cycle up, so they cant reproduce. Worth a try. And like Kaotik says, organic.

Well, I got my Common Sense Pest Control book, my fav, out and it gave me a good tip. I covered the top of the three gallon pots with a bar rag and took it to the sink and sprayed it upside down. With safers soap. I have done all the plants and looked at the big girls and a couple of leaves look like maybe, so i hit those too. I don' t know if a thirp likes the bloom, i think not as much as the leaf.

This insecticidal soap was left outside all winter, bad rb, and i wonder if that affects the product. I sure as heck hope not. I will watch closely in a week and hit it again or what ever the label says. I think it is three consecutive times.
Kaotic, i appreciate your help. I used to man the phones for years at master gardners, but there was never any marijuana calls. I had never had thrip on my inside garden, what a surprise, a really sucky surprise.

Do you know when columbian gold is cured, it really is gold? I just figured that out this morning. That only took me a year to notice. ha.
Thanks TC, I will maybe have to resort to neem if this doesn't get it.
Is it warm at your house yet?

Warm inside Rose, outside no. Pouring rain here today. I mean HARD. Midwest watch out, this is a windy and hard hitting storm going that way.

Hope the Safers works for you.

Latest posts

Back