Rosebud does Mandala seeds.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You better get something growing in your new area TC. It is almost summer at your house, isn't it?
Did you get to go fishing this weekend? I am glad your able to go now.

Curious why you are planting multiple seeds in one container?

It fits better under the light. It bugs a lot of people I see.:D
Is there a good reason not to, other then the risk of transplanting problem?

tell me, i can take it.;)

When you separate them it adds stress that would not be there if, say, you put each in an individual party cup and then x-planted those into your "regular" pot...

You use Smart pots right? Great results happen when you just put the single seed into there...

I have had a couple in one container but they were further apart and came out ok. I would guess how large you are planning to grow them. Mine are about 2 feet tall and not crowding very much. It also depends if the strain you are running bush out very much. Again, mine don't bush out and could be why I was successful.

Ok, Oso, just for you, I will do one per pot next time. I transplanted the others, did you see and they never looked stressed, but I hear what your saying.
Thank you. I will be better. ha.

:rofl: Thanks mom :doh:

;) just lookin out for ya!

I did see that you separated the developed ones! Such a gentle touch...I'd probably rip them into a mess...:p

Rosebud said:
It fits better under the light. It bugs a lot of people I see.:D
Is there a good reason not to, other then the risk of transplanting problem?

tell me, i can take it.;)
It is hard to not stress them when separating them and it is easy to cause root damage. If space is a problem, have you considered starting them in peat pots, rockwool cubes, or rapid rooters?

Good evening there rose. Just stopping by to check things out. I should be able to pop a satori or 2 in about a week. Looking forward to seeing good things here.

Hi Rose,

Just to hit a litle bit more on the blind girl :p ... The root development is very fast so when you separate them if you mess with the roots the growth ( that you can see ) will be at first smaller ( because she is rooting ) but it should become ok in some weeks ( but they will be smaller regarding the ones single potted ). I can notice that on the ones i needed to separate ... They have different growth rythims :D

Ok people who care about my plants, Thank you!:heart:
They have been separated, never to be multiples again. Picture after I move everything around.

You seed folks, this is what I was thinking and let me know if it is wrong please.
I will separate the seed plants from the clones at 3 or 4 weeks? Is that right? So that I can find the boys?

Thank you all for caring and helping me even when I am a little bull headed :ignore: about stress and seedlings. I think they had no stress, just went for a little ride, but you'll know more about this particular plant then I. AND, why have a chance for more stress right? I mean, who needs to take un needed chances. Ok, I am convinced.:eek:
Pictures to follow.

Rosebud said:
You seed folks, this is what I was thinking and let me know if it is wrong please.
I will separate the seed plants from the clones at 3 or 4 weeks? Is that right? So that I can find the boys?

I'm not sure what you mean by separating them? Why? Where? I never separate my seed plants from my clones. I just let them veg and they show sex when they show sex. You should plan on them taking 4-6 weeks (or more) to show sex.

Yep, let the gals socialize and mingle, they'll be fine in the big party!

The Hemp Goddess said:
I'm not sure what you mean by separating them? Why? Where? I never separate my seed plants from my clones. I just let them veg and they show sex when they show sex. You should plan on them taking 4-6 weeks (or more) to show sex.

I read the NChef said to do that, I thought. I take by your question that I will have time to remove after I find the boys? I am so frightened of boys that I figure you see a nanner and they are already shooting pollen. I better go read up huh.
Thanks.

no need to worry rose. You will have a window of time once the boys show before they ever think about dropping pollen. No need to separate.

thx rosie. I'm around just hiding in the shadows. :batman:

Spotting a male is super easy to do once you've seen it once. Just have to keep ur eyes open. You'll do just fine! :D

long hours after work tackling the home project has made me a bit groggy! :)

Latest posts

Back