Rosebud does Mandala seeds.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The midwest needs a break. Those poor people.

The safers is my first thing. I just can't believe I was all getting blase' about bugs and i got um again. See ya can never relax and just hang around and look for naners. I really at first thought I had just handled these Mandala's more then ever and damaged their leaves. I am kinda slow I think.

Update:
The seedlings got too big so I bought a new T5, 4 foot and boy are those plants glad to stretch out. They are cooler and cheaper to run then MH right? Anyway very nice. While at the grow shop telling the guy I thought his Roots soil had given me thrips, and he said, could have. So he gave me a gallon of "tea" that is made and runs in a vortex machine. Have you guys ever heard of it? Anyway, it is full of beneficial nematodes. He gave me a gallon and said I would be back for more. You mix 1 cup of the tea to one gallon water. He said they will eat the thripe larva in the dirt. He said it had a negligible amount of npk. So I am very excited. The beneficial mites I got from them worked the best of anything for spider mites, so i am hopeful. My leaves look like crap. I guess i should post a picture so you can see what greenhouse or indoor thripe damage looks like. Most of you probably know but I didn't as the damage is different then rose thripe.
Maybe pictures after some C Gold.:48: :2940th_rasta:

We need a vaporizer icon!

DSCF0888.JPG

DSCF0889.JPG

DSCF0890.JPG

DSCF0891.JPG
Don't they look awful? I could be mortified if i wasn't loaded.

Oh they dont look to bad at all Rose! Still look very healthy and if ya got the problem under wraps they will only look better from here! Well unless something else happens.... lol knock on wood! I just got done takin care of PM with mine, also had mild spider mites, i used Azamax. Got new pics up!

No, they don't look awful. They are just a little under the weather and it sounds as if you have things well in hand. I have had spider mite attacks that look far far worse. I have never had thrips.

Good going on the T-5's. They'll love it.

I use Safer's a lot and like it much better than neem. Maybe because I've used it for so long. Just don't apply it in the sun, or get it on flowers. Found out the hard way about both when I had orchids.

I do organics, to a point. LOL For SM, I go right to the Forbid, but for aphids and scale, the Safer's works fine. IDK about thrips, never had a problem with them.

Girls are looking fine, don't stress so much.

Wet

heck, i've had far worse lookers even without any infestation, rose :eek:
;) lol

as for the tea.. the nematodes sound great.. but what about the adult thrips? i don't think that will do much to cull them will it?

congrats on the new light :)
i just recently bought some new t5's for my veg area.. no more life support, they can actually 'veg', and not just 'stay alive' ;) :D
love it. definitely will be cheaper and cooler than the halide.. heck, i swear they're cheaper than my old t12's i was running, and put out mega more light.

:)

Wet dog, I do too like safers as a first line. I had a clone with neem damage and had a hard time pulling it out, years ago. Thank you wetdog, i am going to try not to stress so much. I found out working with a neighbor on a neighborhood garden, that I am a perfectionist in the gardening dept. I need to quit that.

Kotik, i owe you a big thanks for you telling me it was thrip. I had never had it in house either. I know exactly what you mean about "just staying alive" That is what they were doing in the closet/armoir. Congrats on your new lights too.
I used the safers soap on the adults. I sure hope this "living" water will do what they say. I will check on Sunday or Monday and do another soap for any adults i missed.

So now they have a new fan oscillating a window open, warm t5 light, not hot and not burning the tops. So they seem happy. I know I feel better, don't know about them.

Thanks again for stopping in. THG, I am glad they don't look awful. Now it is back to nanner spotting. Still no alternative leafs. Someone said that was because of the 24/0 lights? Thoughts?
i ask the guy at the grow shop if he could "sex them" he said he didn't know me that well. ha.

Laughs @ "doesn't know me that well..." :rofl: The nerve of some ppl...
I don't even know what those lil things are that have imposed themselves on you but I am sure they won't be around for long once you get a hold of them! No nanners yet? I think it's another girl holdin out on you! Female-GREEN-Mojo!

Rose, how goes the battle? Thinking of you and thought I would check in.

I am spraying the clones I got from a dispensary just in case. They gonna get worked over pretty good before they actually get into the garden. I do NOT want a repeat of last year.

Hey Roddy Thanks for stopping by.

TC thanks for thinking of me. I was thinking about you too. Did you get to go fishing last weekend?
Ya know, i don't blame you a bit for spraying your clones. I hate what spray does to them. Even the safers is really harsh on them. But, ya gotta do it.
I still don't know the sex of two or three seedlings. They still have not alternated and they are 2 months old

I cloned, but not so successful with the soap damage. I will try again. I love the new T5's. it is great. I did find a boy, looked like a little ball on a little stick. And there was more then one. So he was outta here.

I hope you have sun people! I will take some pictures tomorrow.

Here it is tomorrow (not)

The first one is of the Mandala girls I hope. The Satori's are on the right. If they are both girls, i was lucky as i only had two seeds come up. (i planted 3) As it goes down the line there are some clones mixed in with the other mandalas. Columbian gold has dried out twice and between that and the soap she is not happy. She got a bigger home today. I thought about just tossing her, but she is the last one besides the one in flower now.

The other two pic's are of the flowering room. Cgold, Twreck,and Medicine woman. They are happy at least. M woman's leaves go straight up. Does anyone know why?
These girls are on day 36 or something in flower. I love hanging out in there with them. I will miss them when they are gone. They are easy.

Awe yes the ups and downs of growing.
Sorry for the essay.

DSCF0905.JPG

DSCF0904.JPG

DSCF0903.JPG

Awww RB! They look great! Been a few days since that last time I saw them too! Awesome! Yes, we will miss them, but...

Looking great rosie. Have you seen mine? You have nothing to worry about. I pray to have yours beauty. Keep up the good work brother! Take a puff off this and relax :bong1:

Hey Rose. They are looking good. Mouth watering for sure. Just wondering, have you heard from fader lately? Hope he is ok. Peace my friend.

Looking good Rose :)

On the thrips, the right nematodes will do the job for sure. I'm leary of the tea though, did he add the nematodes to the tea and send you right home to water? Nematodes will drown if left in liquid for too long :).

If you can, next time get just the nematodes and add them to ph'd R/O and water right away. It's the best way to make sure you are getting as many live ones as possible into the soil. The nematodes will also attack and kill adult thrips that go into the soil to lay eggs. You can order online, smallest batch is 30$ but it's well worth it to get rid of those pests. I use safers stakes and nematodes, no sprays at all and it takes care of the problem. The ones you want are Steinernema feltiae

powerplanter said:
Hey Rose. They are looking good. Mouth watering for sure. Just wondering, have you heard from fader lately? Hope he is ok. Peace my friend.

I have been thinking about Fader and wondering if he is ok. Hopefully he will be back soon. Thanks for stopping in PP.

Latest posts

Back