Rosebud's closet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I will grow these out naturally , find the females, clone ,and then top the clones. Are they easy cloners?

I found her pretty easy to clone. She threw roots for me in about 10 days in a moist Rapid rooter that I re hydrated half way in with plain water.

Satori is easy to clone....... responds well to topping....... Satori takes a while to show sex(8 weeks for me)........ good daytime smoke for me as well........ not as much stretch as I expected......good yield.

Hey G!

Satori does take a long time to sex... but then if you clone you don't have to go thru that so often. I think she clones fine. If I want 2 i will clone 3...last time i did that i got 3...and they just went to the shed yesterday....woohoo..

Satori in Flower 3-15.

Hey G!

[Satori does take a long time to sex].

... but then if you clone you don't have to go thru that so often.

Rosebud,

[Satori does take a long time to sex]

Please elaborate on this one. Don't you mean 'before' flipping to 12/12 ?

11 -12 days under 12/12 makes it east to sex, {once one has taken ones clones} But do you mean 'before' flipping; and if so how do you tell sex while still in veg? This would be an interesting skill to have.

Thank you

The Poet

I just wait for the vegging plants to show me there stuff..lol Some plants show early, like at 5 weeks, others take 8 like satori sometimes... I don't put them in flower to sex them. I don't take clones till they have sexed either. Just the way i do it...sure doesn't make it right...enjoy your new seeds and grow Poet.

Beautiful girls there Rose! So dark, so bushy So healthy. Let them out of that closet! Gives a positive spin on being in the closet.

Hey G!

[Satori does take a long time to sex].

... but then if you clone you don't have to go thru that so often.

Rosebud,

[Satori does take a long time to sex]

Please elaborate on this one. Don't you mean 'before' flipping to 12/12 ?

11 -12 days under 12/12 makes it east to sex, {once one has taken ones clones} But do you mean 'before' flipping; and if so how do you tell sex while still in veg? This would be an interesting skill to have.

Thank you

The Poet

Many keep their plants in veg until they are sexually mature. At sexual maturity, the plants get alternating nodes and will produce pre-flowers. The preflowers tell you the sex of the plant. I do like my plants sexed before I put them into 12/12, but that is not always possible--sometimes I run out of space in the vegging closet. Or sometimes they get too large for the vegging space. If you cut clones before a plant is sexed, be sure that you label everything well so that you can throw out the clones that came from the males.

They look beautiful Rosebud (as always). It will be interesting to see what the high cbd plant is like.

nice and green,lookin awesome,how soon can you tell the sex of nurse larry and l og?

Those are very pretty plants. My wife saw them over my shoulder and said, "Wow, those are pretty!" She has never seen one in person before. I love to go into a room where there are several nice plants growing and just sit and listen to the fans running and watch the plants sway in the breeze. I may be full of it but I swear I can feel the energy aura of the plants when I am sitting among them and they are growing nice and healthy. :)

Hi Guys,
Robertr, I would just pinch the very tops so you get more colas. They are not hard to clone...I think everything is kinda hard to clone.. I will show you my not so pretty clones since you asked. lolView attachment DSCF2324.JPG

This is how the rest of the closet is looking. Most all of these will be potted in 5 gallon smart pots and put to flower by Friday.

The hopefully high cbd Freedom Baby has given me three out of 4 girls. The last one isn't telling. driving me crazy.. Anyway i have cloned these 3 females and the mom's are being flipped today. When these three bloom i will have all the females tested if I can afford it to see which is the high cbd. Then i will probably cull the rest of the freedom baby and keep the highest strains.

Thanks for looking you guys... :vap-Bong_smoker::vap-Bong_smoker::vap-Bong_smoker:
I hope that made sense. Here is the closet in rapid change today. View attachment DSCF2323.JPG

Hushpuppy,

Please tell your wife thank you for me. I agree and you are not crazy, you absolutely can feel the energy in the plant room and the flower room.

I am going to tell you a secret... I planted these plants in Happy Frog...but at the bottom of the bag I put some Epsoma's starter food... it is a very stinky heavy food, organic...Anyway, my veg plants are way happier then usual. I have used the Epsoma in my soils i make, but never have just thrown it in like that. I am going to do that from now on as my plants never have enough N at the end of fowering. They will now... that is why they are so green. I will start flowering nute teas next week. I won't add that food to my 5 gallon smart pots as it is too much N. I will take a pic of the shed now. View attachment DSCF2325.JPG

Hey Rose - those looks fantastic! Last year I started using Epsoma's starter food in my outdoor veggie garden and the plants seemed to love it. Also threw it in some of the teas I made. Actually found an extra un-opened bag in the shed yesterday while I was cleaning it out. Forgot I bought it :D

Bought some Ocean Forest a few days ago ...I think I may take your advice and add some of the starter at the bottom of the pots...although i'll be using smart pots (1 gaL.), you said you won't add it to your 5 gal. pots?

Hi Burner, no I wont use it in flower as it has a lot of N in it and that may delay flowering.. But I can't get over how well it does in the bottom of the pots topped with Happy Frog. I am pretty excited. HF has nutes for only 3 weeks where as your Ocean Forest is 6 weeks nuted. So I would still use it but not as much as I did, maybe a half a cup at the bottom of the bag. I used a cup... it is stinky! But who cares when your plants are this happy... fun stuff.
Thank you for stopping by.

Gotcha, thanks Rose! Epsoma makes good stuff, very affordable too. I use their tomato-tone and garden-tone in my veggies garden too. If you don't mind me asking, what nutes/ferts do you use for flowering?

I make teas with all sorts of stuff and I use Earth Juice line in flower, but I don't know if i recommend it or not. The plants like the teas best. Thanks for stopping in. Good to know about Epsoma.

Ok now I'm going to get nosey :)....what are you putting in your flowering teas?

Latest posts

Back