Rosebud's closet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are 3 watt. I got two of them. They are switchable from veg to flower but i will just use them for flower... I am pretty nervous about them... I have wanted them for a long time to save energy and heat. If it doesn't work out, I will live, if it does, i will be glad.

Rosebud, you are not alone. I have a Mars2 900, 450 actual watts ( same company, LG ) sitting on my floor waiting to be used as soon as my Kristalica's are done . My Satori's will be the guinee pigs.

Thanks MR1, how dumb am i to switch it up mid grow???? I think i might if I can't keep the temps down. Can't wait to watch your grow, i hope you document it ....we can learn together.

They will not see the led's till probably the second week into flower so I will also be switching it up, a bit anyway. I wanted to use them start to finish but I can't wait.My Satori's are about 5 weeks old. I will update when the time comes.

I'll watching how this works out for you Rose........ sure could change things for a lotta peeps if you can make this work........ 200.00 is cheap when you compare 600 or a 1000 watts to 6 watts for 2 lights.

Well for one i would be cautious from 2k to 200 bucks might be a cheap version China brand again idunno ????? i have no experience with LED's only from little sources i read here n there... IMO LEd's are 10 years behind HID but they do work for growing , that is no ** flowering as well but yields suffer i guess were talking low wattage anyways i also think that growth rates might be slower then your used to so veg times goes up does this effect overall electricity costs ??? for you
bottom line is your heat issues i know been there lol

Thanks G13, it is sure nice to see you. I am a little afraid of messing up, but hey, i have messed up before. It will be fun to see what happens. Thanks for checking in. How's your grow going?

Grower13, that would be 3 watts per led, 144 led's per light, actual draw 250-300 watts

fever, from what i have heard from PJ who is the led guru, it lessens his over all grow time. I don't know where the time is cut, whether it is veg or flower. He also said they eat less. His yield hasn't been cut, but like I said he is the guru. He designs his own so i don't know how much these are like his...Something about the number of white lights... we will see.

I am just kinda thinking as i type, but I think I will try them soon and if the plants seem stressed I will go back to the regular HPS, until this grow is finished,,,, sound like a plan?

Grower13, that would be 3 watts per led, 144 led's per light, actual draw 250-300 watts

I was wondering about that........ all I know is I got this new LED flash light and it will light up the planet........ these LEDs are changing lighting every where........ hopefully it will for growing pot to.

Had a friend that actually tested few LED's there so called 200 watt led was actually drawing 176 watts ..... Rose if anything Rose they can become supplementary lighting , as for myself if heat was my issue i would just run a ton of sunblaster fluorescents, looking forward
in seeing how they work for you

Dr Fever, I take my Satori's at day 64 or there about. So she doesn't go that long. She is a good producer and like hammy said she doesn't like it hot. She does drink more water then most plants.

MR1, congrats on the satoris....way to go.

7G, thanks, i have a new camera. Nothing fancy but I dropped my other one so it is nice to have a new one. I hope your feeling all the way better.

Wh, i bet you are tired, are you less tired then before your surgery?

I have a surprise for anyone reading this... I ordered LED's!!!!!!! They used to be 2K but now they are $200.00 the reason i did is I have to have better heat control... So here is hoping it works out ok. They will be here sometime later in the week.View attachment 212488
i was looking into selling those fixtures

Had a friend that actually tested few LED's there so called 200 watt led was actually drawing 176 watts.

Most, not all LED fixtures do not drive a 3 watt LED to it's full capacity. I think you would also find if you were to test HPS ballasts/bulbs, same result.

If either tech was to do so, longevity would be right out the window. Been burning up some fixtures since 2010.
:rofl:

I myself have just added one of these fixtures to put up against one of my fixtures, and we'll have some testing results in 10 weeks or so. As I had told Rose B4 she decided to go this direction, this is fairly new tech and I have my doubts, but at the cost of 2 1000watt HPS bulbs, they are certainly worth the risk IMO.

View attachment P4160005.jpg

View attachment P4160007.jpg

I'm confident you'll rock it out first try Rose, so don't even trip.
;)

My lights are here!!!! In the box... Looks like we will have some fun today...woo hoo.

MR1, lens vs reflectors, can you elaborate?

PJ, this will be a fun journey I have been interested in for a couple of years. I live in the desert. HPS is killing me for heat...So bring it on peeps...lets see what happens.

Wow I am jealous rose have fun setting them up!!!!

Rosebud, your lights use reflectors to direct light. PJ's Apollo's use lens' to concentrate light.

Latest posts

Back