Round 2...Fight. (Operation Rasta)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pussum

Reaction score
Specs:
Indoor Grow
Temp Controlled grow box.
Random seeds from Jamaica.
Light will be 20/4 timer to start.

Ok, so I have been out of the loop for a good long while. Last year around this time I tried my first grow. It came out pretty good. I didn't get a very high yield, but what I did manage to get was some really potent stuff. Aside from my dog getting into my yield and consuming about half I had a pretty good supply from the five females that didn't hermi on me.

My last grow was operation cyberquest in honor of an old forum patron that helped with a lot of my questions. This is operation rasta because these seeds were the only ones my fiancee and I could manage to sneak out of our trip to Jamaica last year.

Anywho, tonight I will start germing them. I am only doing five this time because I am running more of an experiment than a grow. I have adjusted my grow box and the location. I feel that being so close to the furnace caused excessive damage even though the temps were between 70-75 the whole time.

This time I plan on 5 females and for the love of god I will be deeply scanning the entire plant when it comes time for sexing as two hermi's sliped by me last time because the poped up in the middle bushy section of the plant and I missed them causing all but a handful of my last crop to become prego.

To get these bad girls to seed I will be using the ol' paper plate method, but with a bit of a spin. I have two of these very cheap wally-world plastic plates that are almost paper thin, but keep humidity locked in real nice when cuped together. Last time my seeds sprouted in two days doing this so I will try again.

Next update when I get some sprout action.

Wish me luck.

Also, TBG I could really use some mojo if you got any to spare!

Thanks!

S6004295.JPG

Whats up mang. Everything sounds great. Here's some GREEN MOJO to get them babies going. ;) Look foward to following this grow from start to finish. :aok:

Good luck, pussum! I'll be following along. :joint:

Thanks guys, germ started today. Hopefully they pop out here really soon.

Also I have changed a bit of stuff in my grow box. In this thread (http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10591&highlight=pussum) you can find pictures of what my grow box looks like. I will be purchasing a thinner based fan to throw into the box as the last one, small as it may have been, was to bulky and short to reach the plants as they grew. I am also only growing 1/4 the amount of what I did last time so instead of doing a water plate I bought a small single person humidifyer for the chamber since I will have the extra room. This will keep my humidity level extremly constant as well as help with any heat issues.

Also, my light timer is working again all of a sudden so now my light sched. will be exact!

Operation rasta - I like the sound of that.

So these are some special seeds from Jamaica, mon? You gotta tell us some more of the story.....What's the scoop on these magic beans?

Good luck possum - I'll be checking in on this one.:)

Pot Belly said:
Operation rasta - I like the sound of that.

So these are some special seeds from Jamaica, mon? You gotta tell us some more of the story.....What's the scoop on these magic beans?

Good luck possum - I'll be checking in on this one.:)

Well, I am not sure what the scoop is really. Haha. The seeds we got were from this crazy looking stuff that we bought while we were walking through Jamaica last year. The bud was a very pine green and as the leaf got closer to the stem it turned a very bright red. At first I didn't think it was even weed because I have never seen weed with bright red in it like that but one smell and I knew it was. The stuff smoked really smoth and hit fast. It wasn't like a "fly me to the moon" buzz, but I was seriously in the zone for a while.

Geting it past security and on to the cruise ship was crazy hard to, and geting the seeds back to the USA was pretty intense as well. But we got it done.

Small update. I began to germ on the third I just check them and I am 4 for 5 with tap roots. I will wait until tomorrow to see if a fifth pops out then I am going to put them in the soil. I don't want to wait until the tap root is to big because I think waiting till the tap roots are an inch long and then puting them in the soil is bad for the seed. Tomorrow is the day.

This makes me very happy because on my last grow it took almost a week for the tap roots to pop out so I guess I am doing things right and better this go around.

Also that green mojo didn't hurt any ;)

Ok, well we have some major sprout action. One seed was bunk so here is what I have left. :)

S6004296.JPG

decent!... u got some serious "native" seeds yourself and started! cudos, bro!

sink those puppies into some soil, pronto, and let the fun begin!:woohoo: :watchplant::banana: :joint: :lama: :angrywife: :confused2:

Hey pussum glad to see you back in action brother good luck with the grow and you know i will be watching this one from the front seat:hubba: If its like your last grow then this will be a great ride peace

If you are curious,
I have always germed using papertowel, or a napkin, untill now. I just learned that today they use recycling, and chemical additives and bleaching to boot, anti fungal, and a whole mess of other treatments. This cannot possibly be healthy for young seedlings to start life out on. I think that a quick over night soak, and then either into a hydro cube or 1/2 inch under some well watered soil will do just fine.
Check out what all goes into our paper products and I bet you'll think twice. By the way, I started with absolutely clean hands and a brand new white papertowel, and a bottle of distilled water, a brand new zip lock and placed in the dark between to paperplates in my dresser drawer for extra warmth as it's over a vent. Still developed some pink spots on the paper that scared the pudding outa me, If I ever see the pink again I will culture it up to see what the cause is. Just thought to share this with you guys.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

I haven't put them into soil. I use the MG three months feeder so I don't want to shock them with nutes just yet so I put them in a peat cube. Once they feed off of the energy they "hatch" with I will toss them in the dirt.

want some advice from a "hack-job" grower?... stay away from the pre-fert soil... it's not natural, man... just my opinion, tho... LOL... ya... like it makes any diff, right???... lol

Gotta respect the opinon of fellow growers, but the reason I choose this soil is because TBG uses it and he works magic with his plants so I figured I would give it a try.

pussum said:
Gotta respect the opinon of fellow growers, but the reason I choose this soil is because TBG uses it and he works magic with his plants so I figured I would give it a try.

give'er a go, man... it's all experimental....

That crazy Van Couver Guy,
Is 100% correct, you might as well try it cause after all it is experimenting each time we try. Soil is a real interesting one for me cause I like to grow exotics like orchids, and bromiliads, epiphites, etc-etc. Soil can be classified as just that wonder drink that we supply our babies with. Actually soil itself is nothing more than an anchor for the root system, it's the moisture, and the nutes in the soil that equal breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the babies.
Getting the microbes in the soil to multiply and further break down soil into it's usable state for the plant is all the fun. So have fun and do your best, but remember you can also toxify soil by too much in the way of adding to it.
I got my hands on some anhydrous ammonia once thinking that this would give my microbes a real boost, I ended up almost killing myself from the fumes.
Let me tell you I ended up with burns on my hands and face and a smart Grandpa saved me my lungs. BE CAREFUL !!!

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

KingKahuuna said:
That crazy Van Couver Guy,
Is 100% correct, you might as well try it cause after all it is experimenting each time we try. Soil is a real interesting one for me cause I like to grow exotics like orchids, and bromiliads, epiphites, etc-etc. Soil can be classified as just that wonder drink that we supply our babies with. Actually soil itself is nothing more than an anchor for the root system, it's the moisture, and the nutes in the soil that equal breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the babies.
Getting the microbes in the soil to multiply and further break down soil into it's usable state for the plant is all the fun. So have fun and do your best, but remember you can also toxify soil by too much in the way of adding to it.
I got my hands on some anhydrous ammonia once thinking that this would give my microbes a real boost, I ended up almost killing myself from the fumes.
Let me tell you I ended up with burns on my hands and face and a smart Grandpa saved me my lungs. BE CAREFUL !!!

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Not to side track or anything, but how did he save your lungs? I am curious.

Latest posts

Back