Round two, damnit!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry i didnt see the pic load before i posted up..Are they all showin yellowing? have u fed them any nutes?

No nutes, just MG soil like last time....

My babies aren't doing the best....

100_0389.jpg

100_0387.jpg

100_0388.jpg

And they are acutally looking better then they did about 5 days ago. Today is the last day of week 3, and they have slowed growth a lot with the discoloration that I think is the fault of the MG soil, being how sensitive this strain is to nutes...

The Soil Looked Very Saturated On The First Page, Perhaps You Are Over Watering. In The Pic Above The Plant Looked Good except For Its Sagging. I Think Your Roots Are Waterlogged. I am A Outdoor Grower But, I Sprout Indoors And I Have Had This Same Problem. And Like You Said The mg Soil Could Have A Big Effect On Sensitive Strains. I Hope The Best For Your Plant And Hope You FInd Te Source Of Your Problem.

Looks like they will pull through, I think it was burn, a nice hungry sativa probably wouldn't have had that problem. Probably going to be smooth sailing with clones in that mix;).

Elephant Man said:
Looks like they will pull through, I think it was burn, a nice hungry sativa probably wouldn't have had that problem. Probably going to be smooth sailing with clones in that mix;).

I think that I will convert the three babies into my newly completed hydro system this afternoon. We shall see what happens. Thanks for the comments everyone, I'll make some more pictures of the system today.

Well, I just finished. Here's a bunch of pictures of what I have done.

This first picture is of the 10-gallon container that has three 6" pots. It has a dual output air pump, and we are running two splitters and 4 air stones. Running 8 gallons in the res until the roots have taken nicely to their new environment. Then somewhere around 6.

100_0394.jpg

The second picture is of a 6" pot with the lavarock in it. That's what I'm using as a medium, along with the Sunleaves brand starter plugs.

100_0395.jpg

Third picture is a picture of a pack of nutes that picked up, they came very highly recommended to me by a friend who used Fox Farm for 5 years and switched, never coming back to FF. So I figure I'll try it out. The only thing in my res right now is some of the Super B+ as it helps reduce the shock of a transplant.

100_0399.jpg

Fourth is a pic of the DWC system in the grow box, testing out temps, pH, ect, before I do the transplant.

100_0400.jpg

Fifth is of a newly transplanted baby Snow White.
100_0396.jpg

Sixth is a picture of everything in place and in action. My current pH is 6.0
Any comments are welcome!
100_0403.jpg

New pics and everything, still no comments.... :(

Very nice setup mayn, I would like to do the same setup myself when I turn to hydroponics. Going to wait to get a few grows under my belt first though. Cant wait to see white crystalized buds all over those plants. Good luck with the grow. Ill be following it the the whole way through.

Fluid1 said:
New pics and everything, still no comments.... :(

Are you giving them any nutes now?
And how large are the roots? dont you need some root length to put them in your hydro setup?

kbkiller9 said:
Very nice setup mayn, I would like to do the same setup myself when I turn to hydroponics. Going to wait to get a few grows under my belt first though. Cant wait to see white crystalized buds all over those plants. Good luck with the grow. Ill be following it the the whole way through.

Thanks. This is honestly so easy that I can't believe I ever messed with soil..... Thanks for the good wishes, I hope that these babies pull through. If not, I will have more on the way.

Growdude said:
Are you giving them any nutes now?
And how large are the roots? dont you need some root length to put them in your hydro setup?

The only 'nute' I gave them was a dose of Super B+, which is to help relieve shock and for transplanting. The roots were large enough, for sure. Thanks for coming to the thread!

Well, the plants show completely no growth up top. I've obviously been scared that I'll lose all three plants. Well, one of the three, the healthiest one, was not low enough down in the lava rock for my liking. The plugs on the other two plants were moist when the third was not. So, I gently took out the surrounding rock, took out the baby in the plug, and put her in there deeper. When I had her out, I saw something that made me feel very good.... new root growth with the DWC system. So, maybe there's a chance to save my baby Snow Whites.

I have the following strains on the way right now:

Ingemar's Punch (White Widow Web)
Hash Plant (Seedsman)
White Widow (Nirvana)

I also got an 8-plant DWC cloning system, it uses 3" net pots and hydroton. I also got a new lid for my current DWC system, one with four 3" pots instead of my current three 6" pot configuration. This way, when a baby clone or seedling is ready to go into the flower room, I can just snatch her from the cloning bubbler and put her into the flowering 10-gallon bubbler.

Now I just have to get some little babies to survive! :(

Please forgive my lack of knowledge on DWC, but I think I remember reading something about having the water level like 1/2 up on the medium till roots show and then 1/2 below. I believe the water level is very critical too, perhaps a float valve res to keep it at optimal level? Just throwing ideas at ya;).

Elephant Man said:
Please forgive my lack of knowledge on DWC, but I think I remember reading something about having the water level like 1/2 up on the medium till roots show and then 1/2 below. I believe the water level is very critical too, perhaps a float valve res to keep it at optimal level? Just throwing ideas at ya;).

And I appreciate that you are! :yay: My understanding of the DWC is that I should have the bottom inch of the pots submerged in water until the roots take well, and once the roots are dangling out of the bottom of the pots, to lower the water level to about an inch below the bottom of the pots. The dude that made the thing for me even drew lines on the inside of the tub for the two water levels. I check the water at least twice a day, usually much more, and at this point, it's not moving down much, mostly because my stunned plants are not having the best time drinking. :( The lava rock is very conducive to the distribution of water, and the plugs are nice and moist. Again, thanks for checking my weak GJ out! :p

No problem buddy...that sounds like a plan. Hunted around and found this pic of a simple gravity fed res feed system. Just throwin' more stuff at ya:)

Pie.jpg

Cool, where did you find that? Perhaps therein lies the answer to... vacuum? How often does the water need to be changed? how much backflow can there be? :D Maybe another thread has some info on here, I have done a lot of thread reading on this forum, but not many others. I do love to continually be learning. I believe if I were to have a remote res system it would have to be ebb and flow.

The pic was a little brainstorm creation between 2 guys discussing going on vacation. It doesn't change anything about the DWC setup, except that it maintains water level for you. Think of it as being like one of those 'auto-watering' pet feeders. I have done something similar with a swamp cooler.

I can pretty easily describe how it works for you...not much info in the thread where I found the pic. For one, the 'fill res' does not need to be that big, one gallon or so would be plenty. The fill res needs to be strong, like you can't use a plastic jug. Should be something non-collapseable like pvc, glass etc. Reason why...the fill res will rely on the vacuum at the top to keep the water from flooding the main res, so if it collapses, water will escape without air entering it. Basically, once the water level drops below your fill hose, air will enter the fill res, allowing water to escape until proper height of main res is reached and air supply to fill res is once again blocked.

Make sense? Sometimes I am not the best at describing things.

'Nother point...you need to have a valve to open and close on the fill hose, so the main res can be removed and refilled. This is an added bonus, great place to premix nutes;). My thinking is, when your girls get pretty big, you might find yourself 'topping off' your main res several times a day, to maintain optimal water height. This could be a pain, not to mention increase the chance for shock from slight variances in water temp or ph.

Let me know if you need more info, I'm sure I could locate a thread with a better description if necessary. Or perhaps one of the big hydro guys like Kade or Stoney will pop in to help;).

Good Luck brother:)

I see what you are saying. This is actually an excellent idea, I guess that picture threw me off. So if my 10 gallon bubbler, holding 8 gallons of water, has about a gallon every inch of the tub, I could set up a system with a small, gallon sized remote res, and make it so the water is added at a certain height of the 10 gallon tub's water level.

The only hitch is the fact that I'll be using two different water levels, one for the young plants, and one for when they have large root systems. (I love roots too. Sucks we can't see them more often, :p )

Latest posts

Back