Round two, damnit!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonto

Dry as a bone
Reaction score
Some of you guys know how the last grow ended.... yeah, not so great. I believe there will never be an issue like that again.

We got some Snow White(Nirvana) beans germinating as I type now. We got the 400 HPS, and have been working on and have finally completed a mother/clone growing area. Pictures to follow of the new grow area, the 'old' grow area with new lighting, and of course, the growth process when the little girls get planted. We're going to get it right the first time, this time, and grow out to nuggets in my pipe. We're stoked up and ready to go. Thanks to all who come with us.

Seeds germinating: 3

Pot: 5 gallon bucket, 16 .25" holes drilled in the edge of the bottom, 4 in a square shape on the bottom, and one in the center of the bottom.

Soil: Miracle Grow

Veg: 3 weeks, or until sex is shown. We will take clones from the female(s) at this point. We're obviously hoping for 3 females. We'll take 5 clones, and hope that 4 make it. We would like to have a 4 plant cycle.

Flower: flowering should take right around 8 weeks for this strain.

Clones: once the clones take root well, they will veg for 2-3 weeks, depending on how fast they root, and then they will be put into flower. The total time from cutting to 12/12 is 4 weeks. This would mean that the clones would start to flower exactly 4 weeks after their mothers started flowering. Repeating this process should give us 4 flowering plants that we harvest every 4 weeks. That should be plenty of bud for the family.

Any comments?

Cheers to you guys for working it out, I wish you the best of luck and will be watching.:)

Sounds like you got a great plan Fluid1 now lets execute it. ;) You might wanna drop Stoney Bud a PM as he has grow Snow White in the past with great results. Here is some GREEN MOJO.

GreenMojo.JPG

Now that's some crazy green mojo!!! Thanks, TBG! Also, thanks to you Elephant Man. I'm going to shoot Stony Bud a PM to see if he's got any tips for this particular strain. The seeds have all 3 successfully germinated and I planted them in the MG soil in small peat pots. I have three 8 gallon containers for them to go into, as opposed to the 5 gallon buckets. They are plastic trash can like items, and I figured larger is better. I may find the best female and use her as a full time mother as opposed to my original plan of budding everything out and taking clones the day before 12/12. I figure that if all three are females (which I hope) then I can flower two of them, and use the best one as a momma.

Okay, it's picture time. The first picture is of two of my 120mm computer fans, of which I have 4 of on the back of the clone/mother grow box. It is an old clothes dresser, half with drawers and half is an open side with a door. I'm using the open side..... I have 4 of the computer fans. Two are rated at 107cfm, and two are rated at 94 cfm. I cut a section out of the bottom of the rear of the box for air intake. There are six CFL bulbs that are rated at 2,400 lumens each. The size of the box is roughly 2.7 square feet. This is about 5333 lumens per square foot. The second picture is of all 4 fans. The third picture is of the inside of the top of the box, showing the holes cut for the fans and the lighting, and the flat white paint I used 33 coats of inside the box. #4 is of the front of the dresser with the door cracked a little bit. #5 is of the 400 HPS floualux light, and #6 is of the baby Snow White.

100_0352.jpg

100_0353.jpg

100_0351.jpg

100_0354.jpg

100_0355.jpg

100_0350.jpg

Whats going on Fluid1. Everything is look great man. Congrats on the Snow White baby. What are your temps inside your grow cab?

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Whats going on Fluid1. Everything is look great man. Congrats on the Snow White baby. What are your temps inside your grow cab?

Temps inside the brow box stay constant at 75* and 35-40% humidity. Those 4 computer fans really do the trick. Inside the closet with the 400 HPS, the temps are at 77* and similar humidity.

Fluid1 said:
Temps inside the brow box stay constant at 75* and 35-40% humidity. Those 4 computer fans really do the trick. Inside the closet with the 400 HPS, the temps are at 77* and similar humidity.
That's great man. With temps like that your ladies are gonna grow fast and furious. ;)

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
That's great man. With temps like that your ladies are gonna grow fast and furious. ;)

I sure hope so! The other two babies have shown themselves. In 24 hours I will be moving them closer to the CFL lights.

nice setup man..goodluck on this go around. i'll be following

Thanks guys, glad to see you all here. :)

Here's a pic of the three little ladies (crossed fingers) with their multi-spectrum veg goodness shining 1.5" away from them.

100_0357.jpg

Whats going on Fluid1. I see some babies peaking between the lights and they are looking great. :aok:

Thanks, TBG! The largest of the three is showing its next set of leaves now, but overall they don't look all that different at this point. Just a little taller and the serated leaves are larger. I think that pics should wait for a couple days. :eek: I believe that I will up their light significantly by putting them in the cabinet, nice and close to the CFL's. Temperature in the box has not been over 78* in the week that I've had it running and monitoring that and the humidity. Good stuff.

In honor of you not giving up and your new seedlings

C'mon you little fighter
No need to get uptighter
C'mon you little fighter
And get back up again
Oh, get back up again
Oh, feel your heart again

:)

-- Supertramp

Here's a couple pictures of the girls at day 5

100_0367.jpg

100_0368.jpg

They are growing up fast. Pretty soon you will be sending them off to school. :D Looking great man can't wait to see them little one's grow into some beautiful ladies. ;)

Here's the updated pictures, the babies aren't feeling well and I have no idea why! :(

100_0382.jpg

Latest posts

Back