RRF Help a novice sex this plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not sure that this statement "...when the dark period is actually when plants use that built-up light energy to develop roots and leaves...." is even true. I know that marijuana does not need a dark period. I'll try to find something "sciencey" on this. They are talking about autos however and autos could be different than reg plants.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I am not sure that this statement "...when the dark period is actually when plants use that built-up light energy to develop roots and leaves...." is even true. I know that marijuana does not need a dark period. I'll try to find something "sciencey" on this. They are talking about autos however and autos could be different than reg plants.

As I said, I don't even know enough to form an opinion. What I do know is that when these plants didn't sex, I went to Nirvana to see what I could find. I read a lot of comments on their site and it seems like lots of people have problems with their seeds. For reasons I don't understand (perhaps it's censuring by the site mods), everyone still seems to be loyal to Nirvana and gives them high praise. Something just didn't seem right to me.

I didn't buy from Nirvana, I got the seeds through Seed Boutique. Nirvana is quite clear that if you bought the seeds anywhere except directly from them, they wash their hands of the issue. Never mind that I got them in the original breeder pack that says Nirvana all over it.

I've really strayed from the original topic and didn't intend to do that. I sure didn't mean to turn this into a journal or start bad mouthing Nirvana. All of this is a learning experience for me. The Auto forum needs a few posts anyway. :)

I used to give high rep for Nirvana because they fixed issues with me in short order but if I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have. I had 2 of 5 Papaya autos sprout and they turned male. Other seeds had less than 50% germ rate from them. I learned, it doesn't matter how good customer service is if the replacements aren't any better.
At the moment I'm still waiting for seeds that were supposedly shipped on 12/12/10. I will no longer be doing business with Nirvana Shop. It was mentioned here to try Gypsi Nirvana and I might, I haven't decided about them yet. I may try Attitude first, they are supporting this site after all.

My question here is this... What are the 2 little protrusions sticking up like horns outlined in black ? Do these have anything to do with sex or something totally different ??

View attachment 160099
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
How bout this one ? Male/Female? This one was germed on 1-19-11... so almost 30 days old here and I dont see pollen sacks or pistils yet.

View attachment 160100

pic A are called stipules. NOTHING to do with the sex.
"B" isn't showing anything definitive yet..

is that not a Male flower in pic 1 Hick?...the second one is a bit young yet..keep an eye on them...But Seems like pic 1 is Male? also looks like a 3-4 leafer..have ya pic of the entire plant SIX?

they look healthy:48:

Hick is right, they are stipules and the second pic is buds of new branches starting out but just left of the larger box you made on the first pic looks to me like a male flower. I would definately keep an eye on that.

I think Hick was only answering the question about the stipules. As I understood his answer, they are found on both male and female plants.

4u2sm0ke said:
is that not a Male flower in pic 1 Hick?...the second one is a bit young yet..keep an eye on them...But Seems like pic 1 is Male? also looks like a 3-4 leafer..have ya pic of the entire plant SIX?

they look healthy:48:
What do you mean by 3-4 leafer, and yes I have a pic...View attachment 160108
And just to clarify...the first pic I posted was the OP's...I just copied and edited... The other pic is mine at 27 days

niteshft said:
Hick is right, they are stipules and the second pic is buds of new branches starting out but just left of the larger box you made on the first pic looks to me like a male flower. I would definately keep an eye on that.

Im pretty sure pic 1 and 2 are the same plant, just a closer shot.

Sorry if I confused things with my pics...I wasnt trying to hijack the thread or anything like that.

For the record....
DSCF0005.JPG
This one belongs to the OP.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMG_20110215_221712-750.jpg27 days-750.jpg
These 2 are mine and of the same plant.

Thanks for clearing that up SIX:48:

what I meant by 3-4 leafe..you know you get one fan leaf each side of stalk ..normally...well I have had some plants that had 3 and 4 comeing out around the stalk same highth..:rofl: I may have confused myself...I dont wanna Highjack this thread either with a pic of what Im talking about...I dont see anything on yours for signs of sex and like I said earlier I thinks 20 some days is a bit early..you have a few more weeks..They will show by then:aok: sure are some nice pics though..wish I could shoot like that..take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

Hijack away guys. I got my question answered. The rest is just conversation. The more you guys talk, the more I learn.

Lol....if an Auto does not auto it is not from grower error....it is from the breeder not doing their job and locking down the auto trait....way to pass the buck Nirvana.

I think I will pull up a chair as I have just germed 2 EZlowryder fems and this will be my first auto try. What is the best light, HPS or MH for this grow? Nutes or not? I am in dirt with a 600 MH conversion.

You want to use HPS and nutes that you would normally use for flowering plants. Green mojo for your lowryders, prosport00!

Latest posts

Back