Ruderalis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flight175

Reaction score
Hey i've been wondering, if you can't clone a ruderalis cus of no veg stage, how do you get more? do you have to breed it and make your own seeds? If it's not possible to Re-Veg them then what happens to the plants after harvest?

flight175 said:
Hey i've been wondering, if you can't clone a rudaralis cus of no veg stage, how do you get more? do you have to breed it and make your own seeds? If it's not possible to Re-Veg them then what happens to the plants after harvest?
Exactly!..seeds must be made for every crop useing "autoflowering" strains containing rude' genetics. After harvest, the plant dies. It has ran its course.

ah, hick? you can take clones in flower too. they just take longer as they must go back into a form of seedling. once they grow out a full set of roots - automatic flower again. not recommended fer non professionals, but it can be done.

best to keep 1 male and 1 female separate to create yer seed stock and flower all the fems fer bud.

astra are you saying that the autofloweing strains "will" reveg?.."go back into a form of seedling"...
I personally have very limited experience with the autoflowering strains. But my understanding is qyite the opposite. "Autoflowering" as I understand it, means they flower by age, rather than "photoperiodism". Once they have reached that critical age, flowering is inevitable and irreversable.

Having no vegetative stage, Lowryder can’t be cloned or regenerated, for all intents and purposes. Replanting seeds is a must. But then, this plant’s unique advantages do away with any reason for cloning in the first place. In
any case, seeds are much easier to transport and handle and have a higher success rate.

http://www.salviaonline.co.uk/lowryder.htm

dont believe everything you read as gospel. we tried a little experiment and when the seedling was 2 nodes grown and had 4 shoots on it, we carefully cut 1 shoot off and placed it in water. water cloning is another way to do it. the shoot formed roots and then we planted it; started to flower right away. this may be the technique the breeders used to reduce the height of the lowryder. the next time we put a cutting into my EZ-cloner fer 5 days and then planted it. both times the cutting rooted and then flowered.

mine you, its a hell of a lot easier to just let it go to seed and die. we were trying to get non seeded bud. im in bc remember. hehehe

oh ya, so we talked to a botanist and she said that the seed goes into its veg stage from the time it pops to the time the roots fully form and the top leaf and stem structure grows; then it automatically goes into flower mode. the breeders just twist the words around.

like saying a marijuana plant is an "annual" - want to debate this topic?

Now, if you took the cuts "before" the 'roots were fully formed", then you cut it in the veg state?..then it "didn't" re-veg..?
If a cutting is taken "after roots are formed" it still won't revert to veg. "IF I'm SEEING THIS CORRECTLY"

the first seedling had a root ball and was already in preflower, having grown to about 3.5" in height and bulking out with side shoots. we took a side shoot off this seedling and put it into distilled water with a pinch of sugar.
little preflower shoot on the top that sat still untill the roots started coming out, then we noticed top growth and planted it. really couldnt tell if it re-veg'ed or just continued to flower as the top preflower whatever you call it just kept turning to a full flower. finished alongside the seedling; the seedling at 15" and the cutting at 13" and a bit. they, the breeder site said 12" for lowryder but all that i've seen finish around 15". maybe because of the ferts or sumthin? this was pure lowryder; now if you were to combine this with a tall sativa like blueberry, would it not make sense that you could clone the hybrid. 1 of my fellow mods elsewhere is trying this right now.

Thanks for that verification astra. I had trouble accepting the "fact" that LR was absolutely uncloneable. it appears a more accurate description would be to say it impossible to keep a Mother/Donor plant to clone from, rather than uncloneable.
combine this with a tall sativa like blueberry, would it not make sense that you could clone the hybrid.
...it would make sense, yes. But it would also make sense that some of that cross, would not express the auto-flower trait, no? Though the X might well make it 'more cloneable', it should be interesting to see the results of attempting to keep a donor plant(Mother) for an extended period.

You guys are correct but when talking about whether or not a hybrid would work just depends on genetics and breeding. For instance if Im not mistaken LR is a hybrid it is a cross of a rud and NL. So if you wanted to create something from LR then you must breed for a trait until it is stable in the plant i.e. "autoflowering".:D

..Yup, selecting for traits. And what a twisted road it can become. Especially when you reach the f2's, when the diversity of severl phenotypes usually express thmselves.
Codominance, incomplete dominance, recessive traits, homozygous, heterozgous genotypes, phenotypes,ect. It all starts becomimg a blur in my little mind.

then ya gotta figure out who passes on the trait? mom? or pop? or does it skip a generation? and i got no hair left = figures

heee hee..I can see you've dabbled a bit, too. ;)
Seed makeing is fun. Selecting a good mom 'n pop and making a hybred cross can make for some fantastic plants.
Breeding a new stabalized strain is work. Though be it a labor of love.

Thanks for all these precious answers... please, notice the thread is about Ruderalis...

My next question: is it better to grow some Lowryder Dwarf varieties instead of Sensi's Ruderalis Indica/Skunk? (the lowryders have a much shorter period, or is it equal?)

;-°))))))

Latest posts

Back