rudolph the red nosed reindeer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1 of my sisters went thru something similar with my mother watching her sons. It wasn't Rudolph but kind of the same principal. My mother was giving her sons coco puffs with chocolate syrup covered in soda. My sister stopped asking my mother to watch her children. Of course, my mother had a brain tumor she didn't know she had. Still not an excuse for bad parenting.

Parenting is hard,even in the best of times.Should you do this or that,scold or reward,etc.I have never thought of Rudolph as being anything but a good story,that just adds to the Magic of Christmas.The lesson is clear,different is not a bad thing,Now how you choose to interpret the lesson.Is on and up to you.With that said,You being the Parent,Your wishes should be respected.But what about Charlie Brown,This poor guy is bullied all the time,(Not just at Christmas)Yet at 57,I still watch all the Christmas Specials.Frosty has a villain,who actually causes him to melt,but again the lesson is clear,Good always triumphs over evil.Not a bad lesson to teach.

just got into a spat with my inlaws, last year I told them I did not want my son watching rudolph the red nosed reindeer,,its a horrible story ,,,they make fun of him,,they wont play with him,, nor let him play with them because of his shinny nose,,,,then when they need his shinny nose he's a hero ,,,that's a heck of a thing to teach a child ,,,make fun of people that are different ,,,until you need them ,,so I go to pick him up and there he sits watching rudolph the red nosed reindeer with his grandmother ,,,I was like what the heck ,,,to witch I was told he can watch what ever she thinks is ok,(while in her care),,and screw what I want,,,i need to smoke a joint and calm down,,,,sorry
i hate to say this because you seem to be sincere but this is the best laugh i had so far this season, and for gods sake don't tell em no nursery rimes. to each their own.

Last edited:
Rose after thinking about it i know what your saying and no you are wrong. I still say hello to everybody and have no problems eith any one other then the politics that was not supposed to have been talked about. Thst is why i fon't hang much anywhere. The sites i do hang around now we don't talk that stuff.

I had sort of the same situation with a pal who told me my politics offended him. I replied that i was deeply offended that he was offended so we both wound up offended.o_O

I couldnt get it to play Umbra, kinda kicked the arse out her bye.

No i don't come around to argue, i get enough of that with life. I always try to speak my mind with out pissing people off. I am good at that too but would rather be face to face to do that kind of stuff. Used to love watching monty python as well as benny hill, never even see reruns.

No i don't come around to argue, i get enough of that with life. I always try to speak my mind with out pissing people off. I am good at that too but would rather be face to face to do that kind of stuff. Used to love watching monty python as well as benny hill, never even see reruns.

We should all be able to speak our mind without worrying bout pissing someone off

It has meant to be funny, nothing more

Parenting is hard,even in the best of times.Should you do this or that,scold or reward,etc.I have never thought of Rudolph as being anything but a good story,that just adds to the Magic of Christmas.The lesson is clear,different is not a bad thing,Now how you choose to interpret the lesson.Is on and up to you.With that said,You being the Parent,Your wishes should be respected.But what about Charlie Brown,This poor guy is bullied all the time,(Not just at Christmas)Yet at 57,I still watch all the Christmas Specials.Frosty has a villain,who actually causes him to melt,but again the lesson is clear,Good always triumphs over evil.Not a bad lesson to teach.
The thing is that good doesn't alwayz triumph over evil in our daily lives. I see it all the time and you think, "Thats a shame" Good lesson to teach but must also to instill some recognition of real life.

Latest posts

Back