rudolph the red nosed reindeer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really think it is good at all to teach children that good triumphs over evil as it doesn't. Kids lose faith in their parents if they lie about things like that. We can say that it is something we want to happen, but it doesn't always.

As far as Rudolph goes, I quit reading it to my kids when they were young--my son saw through the supposed lesson. He actually did say to me one time when he was young..."so they only liked him cuz he had something they needed?" There are a lot of stories out there that I understand the "moral" of the story, but don't like the story to get there. The story of Job in the Bible always strikes me as a bad story...kind of like the movie
Trading Places", but without the Eddie Murphy character.

It's all about ones perceptive.
As a child I thought Rudolph saved Christmas, no matter what the weather was like. Now as an adult it still has the same meaning.
Everybody is different and everybody wants to feel needed, it makes people feel good. Adults think to much, I think.

Is it right of us, as parents to train little ones that no one loses ? You're a winner even if you lose the game ? How much should kids be coddled and protected from reality ?
Just wondering.o_O

In any competition there is a winner and a loser. Learning to accept both gracefully and with humility is worth learning. Winning at any cost or gloating over others is not a trait that I value.

In any competition there is a winner and a loser. Learning to accept both gracefully and with humility is worth learning. Winning at any cost or gloating over others is not a trait that I value.

Well said. When i was a little fella we were taught how to win and lose with dignity and graciousness. My grandkids were taught by their gym teacher that there were no losers in their games and no score was ever kept. Sad. Maybe im too old fashioned.

Even if ‘coaches’ tell kids there are no winners or losers, kids from an early age know who wins and loses. I remember 1st grade soccer where they tried to tell the kids not to keep score. The kids could count...

Even if ‘coaches’ tell kids there are no winners or losers, kids from an early age know who wins and loses. I remember 1st grade soccer where they tried to tell the kids not to keep score. The kids could count...

Thats for sure they count ! And they know if they win or lose even if they're coached to say they're special just to particpate. Such a bunch of bull@#$t.

Growing a human from seed? Now their, is lifetime dedication!
With that said,as you can see ,when it comes to growing-em out,their is alot of differing opinions.As I said before,her rule for tv shows should have been respected,regardless of what her mother-in- law thought about it.Their are core values we try to instill in the next generation that make up basic human decency.But I think we are quick to condemn each other about the correct way to go about it.The best we can hope for,is that we impress on them what we see as being the way of the world,and that they can show us a better one.

my biggest thing is what i see. parents have sheltered their kids, home schooled them and not let them grow playing the real game (not the board game) called life. as a leader at work i can spot them from across the shop and they don't last long. they get out in the real world and now they find bullies are not just kids and nothing is given to them then when they whine and cry because the real world is cruel to them they want to find their safe place. there is no place like that in the real world unless you make it yourself and they being sheltered all their lives they don't have the skill to do it their self's.

my biggest thing is what i see. parents have sheltered their kids, home schooled them and not let them grow playing the real game (not the board game) called life. as a leader at work i can spot them from across the shop and they don't last long. they get out in the real world and now they find bullies are not just kids and nothing is given to them then when they whine and cry because the real world is cruel to them they want to find their safe place. there is no place like that in the real world unless you make it yourself and they being sheltered all their lives they don't have the skill to do it their self's.

Absolutely. Sheltering, coddling and over-protecting is a disservice to kids. We ought to know better.

"It seems their are arguments on both sides Sir". " Very Gooood"

I ducked out a few days because I thought this was gonna end up in a dog fight !-- I don't mind a good fight but Christmas was coming and I didn't want to fight !
I'm impressed at the civility and understanding each other's point of veiw !-- Merry Christmas !

When it comes to winning and losing ?-- Talent is distributed equally -- Opportunity is not !

lol ,,,,,,don't get me started on the book of job

Latest posts

Back