Run-off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

getnasty

Reaction score
Any insight on letting your ladies sit in their own run off?

Long as the run off be in good ph zone I aint to touchin it plants eventualy soaks it all up to while anyways. Just me opinion and what I does. much luck trails walked friend.

BWD

I wouldnt let sit in the run off too long..as The above poster stated it will soak up IMO..it causes over watering and will make leafs curl..I let sit only for a few minutes now...Hope this helps

take care and be safe

I allow a few minutes for the soil to soak it up but I always dump any excess off before leaving the grow area on a watering day. It can cause droopy leaves. . .

Mine constantly sit in the runoff. I never take them out of it. The lower roots lay in about 2" of nuted water all the time, but the upper roots get to drain. Of course I am in coco/hydro so that's a different story :doh:

I just fed them for the first time yesterday, and let them sit in the half inch of nuted run-off overnight. It's been soaked up already, and I haven't noticed any harm come to the plants yet. They both seem to be growing steadily.

4u2-
Does it matter that I'm using fabric smart pots? Does the root system behave any differently from being "air trimmed"?

it makes the roots come out the bottom and grow into the run-off tray, just a warning.

then when you pick the pot up youll see all the roots in the water and have to trim em off or put it back which can start to rot them.

PuffinNugs said:
it makes the roots come out the bottom and grow into the run-off tray, just a warning.

then when you pick the pot up youll see all the roots in the water and have to trim em off or put it back which can start to rot them.
Thx! I'll keep em out of it.

PuffinNugs said:

Well, yes and no.:hubba:

No, if the runoff gets sucked back up into the medium.

Yes, if there is water left in the tray after a period of time.

Sometimes I'll dump the trays after an hour or so. Sometimes it gets left overnight, but not very often. Depends on my back. But, never longer than overnight. Then you get what Puff described.

Wet

getnasty said:
I just fed them for the first time yesterday, and let them sit in the half inch of nuted run-off overnight. It's been soaked up already, and I haven't noticed any harm come to the plants yet. They both seem to be growing steadily.

4u2-
Does it matter that I'm using fabric smart pots? Does the root system behave any differently from being "air trimmed"?

IMHO...it doesnt matter what the container..it is never good to drown you ladies...I like to saturate the soil..let sit for roughly 20 minutes then pull the drain pan and empty...if I forget to the next day me plants are al droopy and most time wont recover from it...messes witht he uptake as well...best of luck my friend

take care and be safe

Latest posts

Back