Running a 45 degree angle on light/fan/filter run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hero4u2b

Reaction score
Hi everone.. I have been setting up my flowering room for the past 2 days. I wanted to make a str8 run with the carbon filter/ flex duct/cooltube/flex/fan but in the closet there just isnt enough room.. I have to do an L shape.. So my question is instead of bending the flexable duct to a 45 degree angle would it be better and would it be better air flow using a short peice of galvanized duct. elbow. 45 to connect to the cool tube? Thanks Hero

There is no real advantage to using a galv duct. I would just put a bend in the flexible ducting. The larger sweep you can make on bends, the less it restricts the air. However, a single 45 should not really affect air flow.

Thats what I finally did HG I even pulled off the R-6 insulation.. I bought some stuff, a box 25 foot at home depot and now realize I should have just got the non insulated. like they sell at HTG.. I dont know what the stuff is but I just pulled the insulation off mine.. I HATE fiberglass and it getting in my back.. Thanks Hero

Latest posts

Back