Running out of room !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayMcFly

Reaction score
My plant is 5 foot and it doesnt seem to be showing any signs of stopping growing up the ways and im fast running out of room, my light is currently sitting on 2 pieces of polstyrene and 2 bits of wood on top of my original wardrobe.

Is there any way of forcing the plant to bush out a bit?

JayMcFly said:
My plant is 5 foot and it doesnt seem to be showing any signs of stopping growing up the ways and im fast running out of room, my light is currently sitting on 2 pieces of polstyrene and 2 bits of wood on top of my original wardrobe.

Is there any way of forcing the plant to bush out a bit?
Whats up JayMcFly. The only suggestion i can make at this time is to tie down some of the branches or the main branch. You have to be careful when you do this because you can snap the stem. Just bend it slow using some string and tack it down or you can use a nail or whatever.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Whats up JayMcFly. The only suggestion i can make at this time is to tie down some of the branches or the main branch. You have to be careful when you do this because you can snap the stem. Just bend it slow using some string and tack it down or you can use a nail or whatever.

i had to do the same thing, but like TBG said be very careful when your are going to tie it down. make sure that you donot tie the string to tight around the top because it could hurt her. tie the string around the third node from the new growth.
good luck

Thanks for the suggestion man but Id be worrieed about breaking it

My leafs at the top were so close to the light yesterday that they have started to yellow from the top cola

Is it very unusual for a WW plant to be 5 foot as someone mentioned this to me in the grow journal section?

Cheers

she is turning yellow because she my be burning. so you may need to do something so about that problem soon. If you donot want to tie her down. you may need to get a larger grow space.

its looking like ill need to stick the light to my roof, thanks for the tips

I Would Asked Someone About Topping It Off If That Is Still An Option At This Stage.

how much longer does she have to go.i just tied mine again today,slowly take the top and bend to see how far shell go (youll be surprised)just find youre safe zone so u dont snap the stem good luck

Is topping it an option at all? I have heard this forces growth at the lower nodes.

Are your plants still in the vegetative cycle or have you started to flower yet?

Bro Grunt gave you perfect advice. You can tie a string to a weight of some kind that is about 5 pounds and GENTLY pull the top of the plant over just a few inches a day for several days. Each day, the plant will adjust to the strain and "relax" some. A plant can be pulled over in this manner, a remarkable distance. If you get the top pulled down a foot or so, it will make an "S" and head for the light again.

Height restrictions are something that experienced growers include into their plans for the timing of the grow cycles of MJ. As you've seen, not doing so will cause lots of problems later. You can fix this problem by following Bro Grunts advice.

Listen to TBG and Stoney Bud..I speak from personal experience when I say that those two guys REALLY know their s**t! They probably have close to 100 years growing experience between the two of them. ;) . The top of the plant is the best come smoking time..doesn't make any sense to burn them when the advice TBG gave you WILL work. (IMHO) Hope everything works out for you

yeah what they said lol. next time you need to start doing this at a early stage so you wont put as much stress on the plant .

Latest posts

Back