Runtz

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharonp

Reaction score
I grew some Barney's Farm Runts autoflowers and I was wondering if anybody had any tips for growing this strain. It is not light green and the bud has some orange hairs going through it now. The colors made it hard to judge the trichomes amber colors. It is a big plant. The picture isn't great. Has anybody grown Runtz or a strain where the bud gets different colors? Is there another way to judge when to harvest it. I'm frustrated with it. Have you ever had a plant like that?

1666227887195.jpeg

Attachments

• 1666216374652.jpeg
    1666216374652.jpeg
    351.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
sill kinda blurry at the flowers but from what I can see they need more time to fill out and stack...pull off some of the fan leaves so the lowers can develop...carty is the auto guru, hunt him down...

I grew some Barney's Farm Runts autoflowers and I was wondering if anybody had any tips for growing this strain. It is not light green and the bud has some orange hairs going through it now. The colors made it hard to judge the trichomes amber colors. It is a big plant. The picture isn't great. Has anybody grown Runtz or a strain where the bud gets different colors? Is there another way to judge when to harvest it. I'm frustrated with it. Have you ever had a plant like that?

View attachment 311522
You harvest based on the trichomes, not the pistil or leaf color. I try to wait until the trichomes are 20-30% amber. You need magnification to see that. A 30x or more eye loupe is needed. The leaf and pistil color will not make it any more difficult to see the trichome color with magnification.

What kind of light system did you grow under? Doesn't looked filled out good or maybe I'm missing something.

What kind of light system did you grow under? Doesn't looked filled out good or maybe I'm missing something.
I have 2 SF1000s. It has grown more, I will try another picture. I can't get any good pictures.

The plant looks like it has stretched a bit. That could indicate the lights are not close enough or it could just be the strain. There is also some ‘nute burn’ on the leaf tips which is an indication that you have over fed them at some point. I wouldn’t worry about over feeding from time to time. That happens to the best of us(and hydro growers shoot for a bit of tip burn from what I understand). My thought is you have at least a few more weeks until harvest. We have all chopped early either due to inexperience, impatience or need. Waiting for amber will reward you though. Your buds will be bigger, fatter and the buzz will be more relaxing. It is a struggle to wait. I understand. I have plants outside in the ground that are not ready yet and my window of good weather is closing soon. There was frost on my windshield this morning… :(

The plant looks like it has stretched a bit. That could indicate the lights are not close enough or it could just be the strain. There is also some ‘nute burn’ on the leaf tips which is an indication that you have over fed them at some point. I wouldn’t worry about over feeding from time to time. That happens to the best of us(and hydro growers shoot for a bit of tip burn from what I understand). My thought is you have at least a few more weeks until harvest. We have all chopped early either due to inexperience, impatience or need. Waiting for amber will reward you though. Your buds will be bigger, fatter and the buzz will be more relaxing. It is a struggle to wait. I understand. I have plants outside in the ground that are not ready yet and my window of good weather is closing soon. There was frost on my windshield this morning… :(
Is it me are the plants not in a tent?

I used some Ocean Forest for the soil and it was to strong. I tried mixing it with some old soil I had because I knew it could burn the plants but it was still to much. This plant did stretch. I haven't grown it before. I think it gets big though. It probably should be grown outside. It is an autoflower and I didn't want to top it. I am going to go back to some photoperiods for my next grown, since I have a little bit more control of the height with them.

I have 4 tents I have no need for, wish you were in florida...
I could buy one but I move my plants around depending on the weather. I just bought another light so it is really a work in progress. I only grow for myself. I like to try new strains and that is what is going on. If the buzz is good I might try growing this Runtz again and I will know what to expect.

Latest posts

Back