Rush fans: enter the Limelight!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YYZ Skinhead

RIP Neil Peart 9/12/1952 -- 1/7/2020
Reaction score
My intro thread drew out several Rush aficionados, but I just know there are more on this forum. A passage to Bangkok, anyone? Their best album is Moving Pictures, and Limelight was my fav Rush song for years before I met the director of the Time Stand Still music video and TSS became numero uno. :guitar:

bigredstar1.gif

rushindex_06.jpg

Love it.

Change XX to tt

hXXp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwUY4NobpZk&feature=related

Getty is such an odd looking little guy, LOL.

I was lucky enough to be at this one.

hXXp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFpZFnJ6ZT8&feature=related

dman1234 said:
Love it.

Change XX to tt

hXXp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwUY4NobpZk&feature=related

Getty is such an odd looking little guy, LOL.

:yeahthat: I could watch me some Time Stand Still all day. The funny thing is that the song is haunting and can bring tears to my eyes, but that video cracks me up. It was directed by the Academy Award-winning surrealist Zbigniew Rybczynski, who directed the video for my all-time fav song, All the Things She Said by Simple Minds. :headbang2:

dman1234 said:
I was lucky enough to be at this one.

hXXp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFpZFnJ6ZT8&feature=related

Was that the SARS benefit gig? Oh man that woulda been awesome.

YYZ Skinhead said:
Was that the SARS benefit gig? Oh man that woulda been awesome.

Yeah it was,

what an amazing show, The stones are no biggie ive seen them a bunch, but seeing ACDC live for the first time was awesome for me.

and ofcourse Rush in front of the giant home town crowd.

Irish said:
Red Barchetta...one of my all time favorite songs...it's all good...peace...

Yep yep!! What Irish said. That song speaks to my soul.

The 1st Rush album I got on vinyl was Moving Pictures. I was 11 yrs old.

Rush. My fav band of all time. :D

And yea, Geddy Lee is kinda umm...funny lookin'. Who needs good looks when ya got all that talent tho. I wonder if he had those girl groupies throwing themselves on him back in the day, lol.

Lots of folks don't like Rush, mainly cuz of Geddys voice. Guess ya either love it or hate it. Wonder if Mutt will chime in, lol.

How can ya'll talk RUSH without something about where it all started with "Working Man"?

Jan 1979 in Philly Blondie was boo'ed off stae whe they opened for Rush. That one of the reason RUSH don't have opening groups at concerts.

Latest posts

Back