rust/yellow splotches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

intellenoob

Reaction score
Hi all. Just started getting these rust-colored splotches on my medium leaves. Anybody know what this might be?

what nutrients and medium are you using........... what is the ph of your water? looks like cal/mg deficiency........

Organic super soil w castings, blood meal, bone meal, azomite, lime, Epson salts, guano. Watered with distilled water. Can I add some Epson salts to my next watering to correct the deficiency?

Your going to have to wait on someone who grows organic to come along......... with organic(super soil) your not having ph issues....... kinda leaning towards you dripped water on plant.

The leaves on those look healthy and green. I don't see any typical issues there. That looks very random and like external damage. I would get a magnifying lens and look very carefully on the undersides of the leaves for leaf munching critters causing that.

Organic super soil w castings, blood meal, bone meal, azomite, lime, Epson salts, guano. Watered with distilled water. Can I add some Epson salts to my next watering to correct the deficiency?

Are you using Sub's recipe? I REALLY dislike his recipe, not from the ingredients, but his wack amounts.

Lime: What kind and how much? His recipe is so light on lime, it's a joke.

Distilled water: It's *dead* water and really has no place in an organic mix. Is your tap that bad? Spring water if it is, but not RO or distilled. If you can drink your tap, it should be fine for your soil. I use it right from the tap.

Not sure if you have a deficiency, but a bit of epsom isn't going to hurt, like a tsp/gallon of water.

In fact, list the amounts of the ingredients you used, the whole recipe. Looks to be beginning to be light on Ca. But it's easily fixed.

I don't see kelp meal anywhere. That's essential.

DD

Not to disagree with anyone but deficiencies almost always have a pattern to them that is expressed across an area of the plant and leaves. Bugs chewing or bump and bang damage will be very random. I'm not a big organics person so I wont comment on the nute suggestions, but I suspect Droopy is correct about the needs of organic growing :)

Yes Epsom salts will probably help. Also i would suggest using tap water that has been sitting out for a day.

I am not sure what the spots are, could be spilled water that got light burned. i would like to see the overall health of the plant. A pic of the whole plant please?

looks like early calcium deficiency. there are several soil remedies, but imo it must be addressed and not ignored

Latest posts

Back