S & P TD Silent Fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokingjoe

What was I saying?
Reaction score
Ladies & Gents,

Our "prayers" have been answered.

Ever wanted to move a bucket load of air but don't want the associated noise or the need for silencers, S&P have come to the party with their new TD Silent Fans.

Links Below are to their specs and video.

solerandpalau.co.uk/docs/catalogo_general/en_586_593_td_silent_fid5262.pdf

youtu.be/0a8xyNB6g5E

I have an S&P TD800/200 which pushes a massive amount of air, 1100m3/hr @ 40db. The silent variety pushes 800m3/hr @ 20 decibels; to maintain the same flow I'd just need to step up to the TD1000/200 Silent.

The best part is the price, from 78 Pounds these are awesome value.

I've heard great things about the silent series, but I don't think they're available in the US. I just bought a S&P td100 for my small cabinet. I'm liking it so far, there's no dba rating, but I'd say it's about 30 with no sound proofing. I'm gonna wrap it with duct insulation, from what I've read, that makes them almost silent

Hmm no one else uses S&P? I wrapped the fan and part of the duct and it got realllll quiet in my cab....myb around 15-20dba

Unfortunately mixed flow fans are often lumped in with Axial fans which are almost useless for pushing or pulling air through a carbon filter. An optional attachment to the S&P fan series is a carbon/hepa filter box, with a prefilter prior to that, with insignificant pressure drop.

It would be interesting to see how the plastic fan blades stack up in the silent series.

just seen this post , ive been looking into getting a new Fan
i grow in 2 x1Sq meter tents and i need a fan that will pull enough air from them both , im using a 8" circular fan that i put in a box and packed with rockwool to make it quiet at the mo
looking at the links you posted ...... I'm in the UK and struggling to find a good silent type fan for less than £250/350 .... any suggestions ? , i cant find any fans like you said for 78 quid
thanks
Smeg

Ps. PM me any links you might have ,if you cant post em here

http://www.justfans.co.uk/tdsilent-series-inline-mixed-flow-duct-p-584.html

You have to add another £72 for 8" or 200mm, but these guys have them, and still saves you £100. I'd have to ask whether you'd need that much though.

Assuming your tents were 2m tall you have 4m3 in total, lets say a carbon filter, ducting and a cool tube robbed you of 80% of free performance, highly unlikely I'd think, you still have 160m3/hr which would replace the air in your tents 40 times an hour or roughly every 1.5 minutes, which I think I could live with.

S and P inline fans are probably the quietest without the silencer.
T4

Latest posts

Back