Sad Day For Virginia And This Country

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba Bear

Just A Good Ole Boy
Reaction score
A gunman has killed 32 people at Virginia tech today......My prayers go out to the people who lost their lives today and were hurt...and my prayers also go out to all their friends and families....this is a very sad day for Virginia and this country......

I feel the campus police failed the students.......after columbine high school...anytime some one shoots in a school the police should always assume its a crazy and is out to shoot more people.....classes should have been cancelled.....I think some Virginia Tech officials should loose their jobs over how they handled this.....this is the worst mass murder at a school ever in this country...the death toll and the amount seriouse injured could have been less and should have been less.......heads should roll in my opinion..........

with that all said...................................

May God Help the survivors and the families of all the students recover...and may God help comfort them and guide them through this tragedy.............

Virginia is my home state and I travel up there once or twice a year......I feel sad for everyone at the college and the surrounding community.

So lets all pray for all those students and their families

We have some really sick people in this world. :mad:

Tuesday, January 31, 2006
Gun bill gets shot down by panel
HB 1572, which would have allowed handguns on college campuses, died in subcommittee.

By Greg Esposito
381-1675

A bill that would have given college students and employees the right to carry handguns on campus died with nary a shot being fired in the General Assembly.

House Bill 1572 didn't get through the House Committee on Militia, Police and Public Safety. It died Monday in the subcommittee stage, the first of several hurdles bills must overcome before becoming laws.

The bill was proposed by Del. Todd Gilbert, R-Shenandoah County, on behalf of the Virginia Citizens Defense League. Gilbert was unavailable Monday and spokesman Gary Frink would not comment on the bill's defeat other than to say the issue was dead for this General Assembly session.

Virginia Tech spokesman Larry Hincker was happy to hear the bill was defeated. "I'm sure the university community is appreciative of the General Assembly's actions because this will help parents, students, faculty and visitors feel safe on our campus."

Del. Dave Nutter, R-Christiansburg, would not comment Monday because he was not part of the subcommittee that discussed the bill.

Most universities in Virginia require students and employees, other than police, to check their guns with police or campus security upon entering campus. The legislation was designed to prohibit public universities from making "rules or regulations limiting or abridging the ability of a student who possesses a valid concealed handgun permit ... from lawfully carrying a concealed handgun."

The legislation allowed for exceptions for participants in athletic events, storage of guns in residence halls and military training programs.

Last spring a Virginia Tech student was disciplined for bringing a handgun to class, despite having a concealed handgun permit. Some gun owners questioned the university's authority, while the Virginia Association of Chiefs of Police came out against the presence of guns on campus.

In June, Tech's governing board approved a violence prevention policy reiterating its ban on students or employees carrying guns and prohibiting visitors from bringing them into campus facilities.

yes it is a sad day in america.i hear on the news that a professor had warned school about this scum bag,and they wonder why someone wants to have a gun.if right to cary did exhist would it help?hell no.only thing is just maybe fewer dead people.sorry for virginia and america.remember dallas...kennedy,nothing surprises me anymore.i hate to bring up korea with atomic WEAPONS.same asiran WEAPONS.electricity my a.. !!!:mad: jesus is comeing back and we all better be ready.:eek:

Latest posts

Back