Sad day in the music world....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Music
Reaction score
My passion for growing MJ is huge but it is dwarfed by my passion for music...both listening to and playing it. So it was sad to hear of the passing of Jim Marshall. The man shaped the sound of Rock n Roll and any musician who has ever plugged into a stack of Marshall amps knows just how much of an impact he had.

Off the net:
Jim Marshall, who helped shape the sound of rock with his groundbreaking amplifier designs, has died. He was 88.

His son Terry Marshall said he died in a hospice in England on Thursday morning after suffering from cancer and several severe strokes.

Jim Marshall was known throughout the music world for founding Marshall Amplification, which produced the amplifiers that rocked music halls and arenas after their introduction in 1960.

Photographs from the era show many of rock's most illustrious guitarists performing in front of stacks of Marshall amplifiers.

wow what a loss, i have a jcm 900 and also have the little 9 volt stack, that thing is awesome.

Latest posts

Back