salvia???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

octobong007

smoke-alotta-pottamus
Reaction score
thinking about adding some interesting house plants. wondering if anyone has any expiences with these on usage, growing, cloning etc....will the lights i use for my ladies also work on growing salvia? stuff like that.

i'm not after links of where to do research, that i've been doing on my own, i'm after "personal" experiences. and i am in GENERAL GARDENING, so i'm NOT posting this in the wrong area, but thanx for letting me know that in advance.

Careful now!

Even though this is in general gardening, any discussion of other drugs is strictly forbidden.. check the rules. I've seen many a salvia threads shut down. :(

its just amazing, i even mentioned it being a houseplant. i only asked general questions, didn't mean to offend anyone. i'm asking mainly about GROWING TECHNIQUES more than its uses. if this thread is closed due to the wrong interpretation, then i guess it'll get closed. thanx for your response.

This is the first that I have heard of this plant. I guess I am "out of the loop".:rolleyes:

I looked this up via google, and I am interested in finding out more about it. Is it illegal?

dont grow salvia, you need alot alot of plants....then have to extract all of thoes plants into one extract.....then smoke it.....its not worth it at all.

and salvia talk should be a legit topic, because it is legal, and its as if were talking about BEER.

I found this kind of interesting...

V. SALVIA EXPERIENCES AND HOW TO RATE THEM
Q. What is a Salvia divinorum experience like?
A. It is almost certainly not like what you expect. Even if you have considerable experience with other psychoactive drugs, you will find that salvia is significantly different from what you may have encountered before. Salvia is unique, and it is best understood on its own terms, and not by analogy with other substances. Salvia is not a recreational drug, rather, it is best used by those wishing to explore deep meditative states, spiritual realms, mysticism, the nature of consciousness and reality, or the possibilities of shamanistic healing. Experiences vary with the individual, set, and setting as well as with dose and route of administration. It produces a short-lived inebriation that is very different from that of alcohol. However, like alcohol it interferes with the ability to drive, produces incoordination (ataxia), and may produce slurred speech.

The inebriation, at low doses, can facilitate aesthetic and sensual appreciation. However, the experience is not marijuana-like, and salvia is not a marijuana substitute. At somewhat higher doses, visionary trances occur. The lowest level visions consist mainly of closed-eye imagery somewhat similar to the hypnagogic phenomena that many people experience when falling asleep. These tend to be two dimensional faint images. The term "eye candy" is an appropriate description of the interesting closed eye visuals that are not confused with reality. At this level communication with others is still easy and one can move about although clumsiness will occur. With a higher dose vivid visual images occur even with eyes open, and with eyes closed one may completely enter the visionary world, and it will seem quite real, but upon opening ones eyes one will reestablish contact with ones surroundings. Speech patterns may be interfered with and communication is difficult. At still higher doses, one remains conscious but completely enters an inner realm and loses all contact with ones actual surroundings. Some people may move around in this deep trance state and for this reason a sitter is required for anyone seeking to explore such deep levels. With very high dosage a brief period of unconsciousness or at least the inability to subsequently remember the experience will occur. It is useful to have a scale to describe salvia experiences. One such rating scale is based on the mnemonic S-A-L-V-I-A.

Q. Maybe the scale can help me know what to expect. What's the scale?
A. The scale describes six different levels of effects, each one more intense than the previous. The overall intensity of a salvia experience is scored according to the highest scale level attained during the course of the experience.

The SALVIA Experiential Rating Scale

Level -1 "S stands for SUBTLE effects." A feeling that "something" is happening, although it is difficulty to say just what. Relaxation and increased sensual appreciation may be noted. This mild level is useful for meditation and may facilitate sexual pleasure.
Level - 2 "A stands for ALTERED perception." Colors and textures are paid attention to. Appreciation of music may be enhanced. Space may appear of greater or lesser depth than is usual. But visions do not occur at this level. Thinking becomes less logical, and more playful; short term memory difficulties are may be noted.

Level - 3 "L" stands for LIGHT visionary state." Closed eye visuals (clear imagery with eyes closed: fractal patterns, vinelike and geometric patterns, visions of objects and designs). The imagery is often two dimensional. If open eyed visual effects occur these are usually vague and fleeting. At this level phenomena similar to the hypnagogic phenomena that some people experience at sleep onset occur. At this level visions are experienced as "eye candy" but are not confused with reality.

Level - 4 "V stands for VIVID visionary state." Complex three dimensional realistic appearing scenes occur. Sometimes voices may be heard. With eyes open contact with consensual reality will not be entirely lost, but when you close your eyes you may forget about consensus reality and enter completely into a dreamlike scene. Shamanistic journeying to other lands, foreign or imaginary; encounters with beings, entities, spirits; or travels to other ages may occur. You may even live the life of another person. At this level you have entered the shaman's world. Or if you prefer you are in "dream time." With eyes closed you experience fantasies (dream like happenings, with a story line to them). So long as your eyes are closed you may believe they are really occurring. This differs from the "eye candy" closed eye imagery, of level 3.

Level - 5 "I" stands for IMMATERIAL existence." At this level consciousness remains and some thought processes are still lucid, but one becomes completely involved in inner experience and loses all contact with consensual reality. Individuality may be lost; one experiences merging with God/dess, mind, universal consciousness, or bizarre fusions with other objects real or imagined, e.g. merging with a wall may be experienced. At this level it is impossible to function in consensual reality, but unfortunately some people do not remain still but move around in this befuddled state. For this reason a sitter is essential to ensure the safety of someone voyaging to the inner levels. To the person experiencing this, the phenomenon may be terrifying or exceedingly pleasant; but to an outside observer the individual may appear confused or disoriented.

Level 6 - "A stands for AMNESIC effects " At this stage either consciousness is lost; or at least one is unable to later recall what one is experiencing. The individual may fall, or remain immobile or thrash around; somnambulistic behavior may occur; injuries can be sustained without pain being felt; on awakening the individual will have no recollection of what he/she did, experienced or said in level 6. People cannot ever recall what they experience in this very deep trance state. This is not a sought after level as later nothing can be recalled of the experience.

So, is it legal in the US? I saw that it says it is illegal in Australia.

Found my the answer to my own question... :D
XII. LEGAL STATUS
Q. What is the legal status of Salvia?
A. Salvia divinorum is a legal plant in most countries. Missouri, Louisiana, Tennessee, and Delaware are the only states in the USA that prohibit its use. Salvia divinorum is entirely legal in all other US states. Australia, Denmark, Belgium, Italy, and South Korea are the only countries that have enacted legislation making possession of Salvia divinorum and/or salvinorin A illegal. Spain prohibits the sale of Salvia divinorum, but not possession or use. In Finland, Norway, Iceland, and Estonia, it is illegal to import Salvia divinorum without a relevant prescription from a doctor. Additional information about Salvia's legal status, and pending legislation that might affect it, is available at: http://sagewisdom.org/legalstatus.html.

The authors of this FAQ are not attorneys and cannot render a legal opinion. If you have a question regarding the legal issues surrounding Salvia divinorum or salvinorin, you should consult an attorney knowledgeable about drug law.

Q. How can I help prevent criminalization of salvia?
A. Practice and encourage responsible use. Do not provide salvia to minors or unstable individuals. Never use salvia in settings in which firearms, knives or other potentially dangerous objects are present. Do not mix with alcohol. Never drive while under the influence of Salvia. Be extra careful of flames - candles, lighters, fire etc when using Salvia. Discourage mixing salvia with other drugs. Encourage the practice of using sitters. Discourage use of pure salvinorin (except in research settings), vaporized extracts, vaporized leaves, and smoking of powerful extract enhanced leaves. Taking oral preparations and smoking unenhanced leaves are less likely to produce out of control behavior. Be careful about granting interviews. The press and media in general is often more interested in sensationalizing than in balanced factual reporting.

Q. Does Salvia divinorum show up on drug tests?
A: No. Tests have not been developed to detect use of Salvia divinorum. Although it may be possible for a properly equiped lab to identify traces of salvinorin A or its metabloites in urine, it is not something that would be done in an ordinary drug test. Certainly, this should be of no concern in countries where Salvia divinorum remains legal. The active principal, salvinorin A, is not chemically similar to other drugs typically tested for, and therefore it should not produce a false-positive result when testing for other drugs.

This is "Marijuanapassion". We (the staff) have discussed it here before, more than once.
I'll leave the thread up for now, but it is closed.
If you wish to talk salvia, you have the link.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back