sandy soil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Syke

Reaction score
how much sand is too much?
im tryin to figure out if this is ok
or should i add to it?

its soil we had set aside for our lawn
its sandy, but it has woody stuff in it to.
i wouldnt call it mulch but its similar.
but it is majority sand.

thnx for the help

I would just get some good organic potting soil..sand is okay but not a great medium...just my thaughts

take care and be safe

I know I wldnt use sandy, woody soil....there has to be other alternatives....I am limited to Home Depot and Lowes near me and I use MG Seed Starter.

the soil where i grow is probably 70% sand and 30% silt....it seems to work pretty well but last fall i did dig some holes and fill them with good black soil....i dont think mostly sand is bad but i guess there is probably a big diff. between my silt...(which i think has lots of nutes) and your woody mulch like stuff...i would suggest adding about 1/3rd of good garden soil to your soil if you want to go the cheap route...just im input...im surely not an expert. good luck

hey
thanx for all your help guys

ftw2012 :big did they get?
how was your drainage?
did your dirt mud up at all?

just a lil info here from experience...
my plot is about 5ftw x 9ftL and here is what i did not saying i had to but it made a huge difference.
i bought
10 bags of organic humus
2 25lbs bags of organic earthworm castings
1 bag of aged cow manuer
1 3lbs bag of bloodmeal
1 3lbs bag of bonemeal
1 small bag of perlite dont ask why cause i dnt even know
1 5lbs bag of sweet dolomite
and dehydrated molasses
and wow everything in my lil garden had the most pronounced smell and flavor from peppers to veggies to herbs and a 6foot tree gave me some of the best smoke i've had. the wrm castings and humus should be enough but i wanted more.

be safe happy growing and SMOKE

Latest posts

Back