sativa is a female!!!

Rosebud

Organic dirt farmer
Reaction score
WOOHOO!!!! Green mojo for the baby girl.

Kindbud

OutDoor ExperT
Reaction score
hhuuuummm didnt i say i thought it was female.....congrats on the girl!! nice pretty purple stem u know the strain?

jonnylorenzo

Reaction score
Umm I actually got the seed out of a QP it was the only seed in there and it was called exclusive but I honestly dont know if that's right

Reaction score
Watch it closely to make sure that it does not hermy. Bag seed from dank is always always a result of selfing and the hermy gene is now a dominant gene. You can lose up to about 75% of bud weight in seeds if it self pollinates.

jonnylorenzo

Reaction score
I checked and saw no male signs yet so hopefully she's not a herm

Reaction score
I wouldn't really expect you to be seeing nanners yet. But you will have to check it regularly the entire life of the plant. Nanners can show up anytime--the reason that I never ever grow bagseed. In addition, they can hide deep inside buds and/or be quite hidden. It is simply too easy for a plant to hermy (and it can happen at any time) and you can lose up to 75% of bud weight to seeds. This is very heartbreaking after you have poured 4 months of time, effort, money, and love into your plants to end up with useless seeds and a bunch of sub-par bud.

jonnylorenzo

Reaction score
Yeah I understand that now but idk if its different from person to person but I think my plant is doing wonderful for first time grow

Kindbud

OutDoor ExperT
Reaction score
I have grown lots and lots of plant from seeds I have gotten out of good bud never had a hermi so idk just depends on your luck I guess ive been really lucky evidently!!

jonnylorenzo

Reaction score
Yeah I talked to someone else and they said that he's never gotten a hermi from it

Reaction score
Are you going to take any clones? Even if you do not plan on continuing to grow past the summer, it might be a skill you want to try and hone. And I am sure that there will some little branches near the ground that you want to trim.

Kindbud, you have probably been lucky. I quit using bagseed sometime back around 2006 or so when I had a bagseed hermy and ruin an entire crop. When it takes 4-5 months to do something, I am not going to scrimp on good basics from the get-go. To me it is kind of like not just going out and digging up dirt out of your yard and throwing a seed in it. Quality genetics cost very little when you look at the big picture. A seed that cost $5-15 dollars will produce ounces of bud.

jonnylorenzo

Reaction score
I know someone that could probably take clones but im not experienced enough I dont want to mess up

Kindbud

OutDoor ExperT
Reaction score
u only learn from trying it u will not mess it up and is good for the plant to remove small under growth to encourage more growth up top to th main colas

Latest posts