Sativa or Indica

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weirdscenes

Reaction score
Somebody just told me about this stuff what is it ?
Does it smell nice?
Does it taste good?
Whadoest it do? Listening to The Goo Goo Dolls - Can't Let it Go".
Dang (isn't That what you Yanks say?)
This is hard work on phone when you're stoned.
Android ocourse- none of that rubbishy Apple stuff

I don't understand...do you mean what is sativa?
He is High LOL
1631313222656.png

This thread isn't going anywhere is it ?
I would change the title to Sativa or Indica if I knew how 😕

OK
I'm interested in peoples thoughts, views, experiences, reasons about the subjective differences (or not) between Sativa in the broader sense (not so much in different strains)
We probably all know (or think we know) that a primary property claimed for sativa is an alert buzz, aiding creativity and the claimed couch-lock and associated effects of Indica strains.
What about hybrids? Do they really exist. (not thinking of ruderalis)
Please accept that I think I'm just unable to appreciate the differences and as I've said in other posts I see it all all just weeed maaan.
I guess I have a cloth palate 😞
Plus I'm absolutely not an expert in any real way on weed - just know that it's a wonderful thing.

good topic of discussion Weirdscenes

through the years I’ve always thought , “I wonder what the difference is?”

and I’ve always believed that each one of us have a unique endocanabinoid system to process cannabis uptake and what makes one person fell one way , it may make another person just the opposite

for example , I had to stop using weed for 1 year after I got busted by the man..

somat exactly 5:01 on a Friday evening , one minute after the parole office closed , I sparked one up

the flavor or strandivar , was called Black Spice and when i smoked it I got all wired up and active , chatty , and felt high , not stoned

when I shared that experience with the breeder of that particular strandivar , he laughed and told me that particular strain was heavy indica hybrid and most people get stoned on it

heres an article on the discussion of is there any difference?

“In other words, there is no scientific evidence to suggest that Sativas is a head high and Indicas are body highs. It turns out that on a chemical level, both Indicas and Sativas share the same precursor that produces the same cannabinoids – meaning there is virtually no difference between them from that perspective.”

https://cannabis.net/blog/opinion/i...we-need-a-new-way-to-identify-cannabis-strain

I smoke sativa while the sun is up and Indica later in the evening. Indica hash at bed time.
For you - do you feel there is a subjective and definite difference in the effect (not meaning taste/flavor) ?

good topic of discussion Weirdscenes

through the years I’ve always thought , “I wonder what the difference is?”

and I’ve always believed that each one of us have a unique endocanabinoid system to process cannabis uptake and what makes one person fell one way , it may make another person just the opposite

for example , I had to stop using weed for 1 year after I got busted by the man..

somat exactly 5:01 on a Friday evening , one minute after the parole office closed , I sparked one up

the flavor or strandivar , was called Black Spice and when i smoked it I got all wired up and active , chatty , and felt high , not stoned

when I shared that experience with the breeder of that particular strandivar , he laughed and told me that particular strain was heavy indica hybrid and most people get stoned on it

heres an article on the discussion of is there any difference?

“In other words, there is no scientific evidence to suggest that Sativas is a head high and Indicas are body highs. It turns out that on a chemical level, both Indicas and Sativas share the same precursor that produces the same cannabinoids – meaning there is virtually no difference between them from that perspective.”

https://cannabis.net/blog/opinion/i...we-need-a-new-way-to-identify-cannabis-strain
Thanks a ton - just the sort of thing i was hoping for.
im pretty much an amateur in this field - although ive smoked on and off sometimes frequently and for long periods, sometimes with breaks of months and even years.
I love weed but often in my life its been hard to get, and you almost never even knew what you were getting.
I once bought some tealeaves in japan ' - the bastard who sold me it was very furtive (said he was scared of the bizzy's) wouldnt even let me smell it . handed over the cash and he vanished like sh1t off a shiny shovel.
I grew a few plants when i lived in Durban but didnt have a clue really - we used to just sun dry the whole plants (some of em were trees) then chop em up and smoke the whole plant except the main stalk and twigs.
Happy times & i miss the lack of ANY bullsh1t
Ive been a bit of a square peg in a round hole all my life and used to think i was broken (still do sometimes) - because i couldnt really differentiate between different beers etc unless it was plain crap.
Ive always been the same with weed
on the bright side - since ive been living here in spain and growing my own each year Ive tried quite a few different strains (still been largely unable to experience the subleties and & sometimes think that many of the claims made are just bollocks) BUT i do know that some plants are "special ".
Long winded way of saying I dont believe I can really tell the difference between Sativa and Indica - guess i have to leave that to the experts

For you - do you feel there is a subjective and definite difference in the effect (not meaning taste/flavor) ?
Good indica will put your lights out. Good sativa will make you want to vacuum the floor. If you ever smoke really good pot you'll know what I mean.

Good indica will put your lights out. Good sativa will make you want to vacuum the floor. If you ever smoke really good pot you'll know what I mean.
I promise I'm not trying to start an argument here and that's why I asked for subjective opinions.
You've given yours & that's good.
I promise you I've smoked plenty of really good weed during over 50 years of my association with this wonderful plant.
Ive smoked often in company and observed how some people (just focusing on experienced users) are affected in different ways by that same weed doing the rounds. I've also smoked for several years with a best pal - just the two of us - while smoking.,playing chess, and enjoying a few beers. 35 years ago we didn't know if it was indica or sativa - such distinguishing just didn't exist in those days - it was just 'bush'
The point I'm attempting to make is that it seemed apparent to me different individuals often experienced different effects - including fullgon exultation, high action, and exhilaration and the other couch lock effect and even narcolepsy - from the SAME weed.
But that's just part of MY subjective experience.
Yes there've often been differences between the "stone"
I've wonderered if it's a psychological thing and if different minds experience the same thing in different ways?
By the way - that same best pal mentioned above - now lives in Vancouver and we're still best pals.

^^^^where do you get yer pot.....dispensary or Mexico? Everybody I know can tell the difference. If you're smoking a hybrid then Duh!!!

No. The high is due to the difference in the chemical makeup of the two types of weed. Not phycological.

Latest posts

Back