Sativa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airbone

Reaction score
Can you tell which one is the full sativa?
3 are pecan pie and 2 are Durban poison from herbies.
Though sativa were skinny leaves?
DCE74C83-CC39-4F46-9619-5D41CB1DA03C.jpeg

They are. But if 3 are one strain, and 2 are another, confused how only "one" is sativa. My guess is there is an indica in the wood pile.

I really appreciate the wide variety of strains these days. However, once in a while a genetic wild card pops up.looking healthy, maybe when they reveal height things will get more clear.

Bubba

Yeah, me too. Indica lover here. Plus, the height thing. Tend to grow short wide sturdy bushes.

The relaxation can't be beat, for me. I'm getting a little OG Kush bubble ready for bedtime now.

Bubba

sativas can begin with fat leaves but will skinny up when they begin the growth...I prefer fat leaves... ;)

Well airborne, I guess a little more time will bring out the sativa.

I prefer sativas when I am planning on being active Indicas when I'm ready to chill. But most strains are hybrids anymore. It can be difficult to find a true sativa and a true indica.

Cannabis , just one species

read up on this because we will be having a quiz on Friday and there will be some definitions of words on the quiz , like morphological

The terms “cannabis sativa” and “cannabis indica” were first used by the French naturalist Jean-Baptiste Lamarck in response to, and in the critique of, the work of Carolus Linnaeus, who grouped the cannabis plant under just one single species, cannabis sativa.

Lamarck differentiated the species of cannabis solely based on morphology. The cannabis indica plants are said to originate from India, and they are shorter, stubbier, and have broader leaves. Cannabis sativa plants are lankier, thinner, have longer leaves, and are taller overall. However, this distinction was based only on appearance, rather than the effects. The problem with this is the chemical composition of a strain cannot be determined from morphological features.

As science progresses, fast-forward to now, we understand what gives cannabis its psychoactive properties -- the terpenes, cannabinoids, and flavonoids to some degree. These are what determine if you get sleepy or uplifted from a strain. Period. Point blank.

That is the big indica vs. sativa myth busted wide open.

https://www.alexiapbullard.com/cannabis-education/the-indica-vs-sativa-myth

If you didnt know,, you wouldnt know until they grew a little more.

read up on this because we will be having a quiz on Friday and there will be some definitions of words on the quiz , like morphological

The terms “cannabis sativa” and “cannabis indica” were first used by the French naturalist Jean-Baptiste Lamarck in response to, and in the critique of, the work of Carolus Linnaeus, who grouped the cannabis plant under just one single species, cannabis sativa.

Lamarck differentiated the species of cannabis solely based on morphology. The cannabis indica plants are said to originate from India, and they are shorter, stubbier, and have broader leaves. Cannabis sativa plants are lankier, thinner, have longer leaves, and are taller overall. However, this distinction was based only on appearance, rather than the effects. The problem with this is the chemical composition of a strain cannot be determined from morphological features.

As science progresses, fast-forward to now, we understand what gives cannabis its psychoactive properties -- the terpenes, cannabinoids, and flavonoids to some degree. These are what determine if you get sleepy or uplifted from a strain. Period. Point blank.

https://www.alexiapbullard.com/cannabis-education/the-indica-vs-sativa-myth
This information is really helpful. I have been using recreational cannabis for a long time, but I didn't know much about it. After reading this, I became interested in knowing more about it.

It's probably more common wisdom than a myth.
Historically, the sort of terpenes that different landrace strains have probably tended to group into the indica/sativa variants of the plant and came to be described that way before science came along to describe the chemistry of it.
It's obvious that certain pot effects are more associated with certain pot varieties than others, so they probably share some terpene profile similarities, and calling them sativa or indica is just shorthand for recognizing these differences.
The problem is that with all the interbreeding and hybrids being created, the end result is likely a mishmash of terpenes, and more generic effects, and it only gets more diffuse with each new hybrid that they create.
Pot effects among different strains are likely to become more similar as time goes on.

another problem with interbreeding all these poly hybrids and then eliminating the male by making feminized seeds leads to bottlenecking of the species

I recently heard the term "entourage effect" for the first time, and it seems to explain a lot to me...about how vaping doesn't seem to get me as high as smoking, maybe. Gotta get a full burn to release all the chemicals that together make up the buzz? I dunno...just kicking tires here, but it sure seems like more terpenes = more high. I don't get the terpene smell or flavor when I vape.

I recently heard the term "entourage effect" for the first time, and it seems to explain a lot to me...about how vaping doesn't seem to get me as high as smoking, maybe. Gotta get a full burn to release all the chemicals that together make up the buzz? I dunno...just kicking tires here, but it sure seems like more terpenes = more high. I don't get the terpene smell or flavor when I vape.
I get a different high from vaping for sure, not as much full body high more heady racy high at 1st, so may be some truth to it.

interesting you bring this up

because we have been discussing that at home , Swede and me , she is a 710 dab snob and loves her oleoresin ,(I said all that for Unca to decipher)

I love me some dabs too , but in the last 5-6 months have went back to rolling hooters , after 4-5 years of about nothing but dabs , didn’t smoke but a few joints during that dab run and when I did , they tasted awful

anyway , my experience has been that I get a lot more stoned , physical effects whereas the dabs are more ethereal , a real mind trip with some strandivars

but the joints are mostly physical couch lock pain relieving heavy red eyes chill out and relax experience

in conclusion , the effects of doing dabs vs smoking joints are a different experience and both are enjoyable

every once in awhile a good hybrid comes by our way and we get a blend of both experiences

just my 2 cents

Latest posts

Back