Satori growers advice please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surfer Joe

Reaction score
Is this satori plant ready to harvest?
It has been flowering for 70 days now and the trichs are mostly cloudy with a few clear and a few amber. The hairs have not turned dark and shrivelled, so I was wondering whether that was a sign with satori?
What do your plants look like when you harvest them?

View attachment satori-cola.jpg

I went to cloudy with just a bit of amber and still had white hairs, I have only grown it a few times. Lots of Satori pics in photography section. Go by the trichs for harvest time.

id harvest now(but i have a habit of being impatient),probably will want the rest to at least become cloudy,some wait till 30% amber.its all up to the grower.

I take mine at 64 days. I do not want amber in my satori, i want the up speedy high I get without amber. Satori never gets real red hair like other strains do. Enjoy and be good with the cure and you will be a happy smoker toker.

Big O, did you just see where I said satori never gets red hair like other strains do?

Looks like only a month till I pop some of this girl as well, Maybe just make this the satori advice thread. I think I read that she also doesn't care to be feed too much in veg.

The color of the hairs has nothing at all to do with whether the plant is ready or not, on any strains, not just Satori. You absolutely have to go by trichs. Like Rosebud, I like mine without any amber. I usually take at nine weeks. I see yours is foxtailing--I thing it is ready.

It looks like a beautiful plant. I hope that you enjoy Surfer Joe.

Thanks everyone.
I checked the trichs again today and they are almost all cloudy with the odd amber one.
I will harvest them tomorrow after work. There are two of them and they are at day 71.

They are very fat colas. How should I dry them?
I can control the humidity and temp in the drying room ok, and it is dark, and I have an oscillating fan or two I can use.
But what humidity should I aim for in the room? Do I let the fan blow on them directly or just move the air in the room around?
They seem very moist and I don't want to promote mold since I already found some mold in another cola that I harvested earlier.
Thanks for any advice.

Do not put a fan directly on them--just have it moving the air around. I really don't know the best drying rh--my area is arid and it is never too humid where I live. Denser tighter buds take longer to dry out.

Drying and curing is prob the most important part, dont have direct air on them but have the air in the room moving, the longer it takes to dry them the better it is, mold should not be an issue in a room with moving air, dry them slow and jar them when stems are brittle, then be prepared to burp them alot until ready. Good luck.

Thanks. Any advice on the best humidity to use?
I am able to control that a bit with the dehumidifier, and it's currently at 50-60% in the room.

Well, I can make a preliminary report on the satori. I just finished the drying stage and the buds are going into jars for curing but I took one bud to try.
It's very strong sativa pot, in your head and eyes and sense of time, and I was already affected after one toke. The smoke wasn't harsh but it's not as smooth as the northern lights I was smoking that has been curing since March.
And that bud wasn't from the main colas, which were so fat that they are still drying down slowly.
I cut the massive colas into regular buds to avoid getting mold in there, but it still takes a while to dry compared to the smaller buds.
I can really recommend satori for a strong sativa high.

Welcome to the world of Satori. Changed my life, i am telling you. Enjoy. I am so tickled you are doing it right, the dry and cure makes a huge difference.

Welcome to the world of Satori. Changed my life, i am telling you. Enjoy. I am so tickled you are doing it right, the dry and cure makes a huge difference.

Is satori a good candidate for scrog? How does she react to training?

I did a small scrog with Satori and was very happy with it. Link is in my sig.

Fellow enthusiasts,

It is day 69 and my Satori's trics are 99.9% white.
I am thinking about harvesting in the morning before the sun comes up.
Rosebud and The Hemp Goddess both prefer Satori with no amber and I thought I saw an amber tric but I am not sure. Maybe it was just brown spots on the leaves.

The trics are 99.9% white just today.
The leaves... yesterday I saw one leaf per plant getting "autumn-ly and today 3-4.
All the leaves on several are loosing their green and are yellowing.
The breeder says 65-70 days for Satori and 65-72 for Krystalica.
This as I said, is day 69.

Satori is a sativa and I am thinking about harvesting in the morning.
I could leave a crop of Indica to go 30% amber but am still learning.
Sativa should be harvested at all cloudy.
This will give me pronounced variety as I have Satori a sativa, and an Mastadon an indica.
And the in between hybrids will be harvested somewhere between cloudy and 30% amber, according to the percentage of Indica
Of course I could harvest half of them tomorrow and the rest in a few days...?

But Rosebud likes basically 64 days if the plant is otherwise ready.
They are at day 69 today and the leaves are 'just starting to yellow'.
I don't have a camera yet but am working on it.
What if I waited till I actually saw an amber tric? I mean one.
Would the plant be more developed?
Or for Satori, is 99.9% white trics good enough.
How much autumn-ly-ness is useful if the trics are all cloudy or white?

Thank you...

The Poet...♪

Take her Poet. Take her now. The leaf color doesn't really matter, just the trichomes. so if you are all cloudy, take it. ANd ENJOY and Merry Christmas with Satori.

Latest posts

Back