Satori odor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wetdog

Old Droopy Dog
Reaction score
The only reason I'm able to grow in peace is a plant that pretty much has zero odor while growing. No odor control and no complaints from the wife.:woohoo: Been running it for 5 years+.

The last plant I grew before this--20+years ago--was super stinky/strong. Got yelled at for smoking in the house, but ........ all I was doing was cutting up a bud to roll a pinner.:holysheep::rofl: This was in SoFl and the plants could go outdoors, but still ..... :angrywife::hairpull:

When we moved to where there was an actual winter, smelly plants of any sorts were banned indoors and, "Happy wife ... Happy life". I learned that early on.:doh:

Anyway, the only strain that has any interest for me is Satori. That is all due to this forum of course and the consistent praise of the plant.

So, for those of you with experience; Growing Satori indoors with no odor control, doable or no? This would be veg only if that makes any difference. That other plant was stinky from the git.

Thanks!

Wet

Why not just use odor control bro then you can grow any strain you want. I feel the smell is a huge part of this plant

Do you not have a giant filter in your room? Carbon filter hooked up to your venting is the way i went.

Satori smells in veg but not huge. I usually have a multi grow going so something always smells. She smells good. I would say on a scale of 1-10 she is a 3 in veg.

Good to see you Wetdog, greenest of mojo.

I grow much like Rosebud does, multiple strains in different phases of growth. The Satori does have an odor, but it is not stinky skunky like some strains, more of a fruity odor. I really don't think you will have a problem with smell during vegging indoors. If you do though, a carbon filter will take care of it.

Hmmm ... A 3 in veg is low enough to give it a shot and pony up for the seeds.

The plant my wife objected to (Williams Wonder, SSSC-1989), could be smelt from 30'+ outdoors while still a seedling. From reading, AK-47 sounds like the more modern equal in the odor dept.

My 'no smell' is a pure, or nearly pure, Indica and everything that goes with it. I just miss my Island buds, buzz.

Wet

If your wife is afraid for when company comes over or a repairman... I fry onions. seriously. Works everytime.

When I smoke Satori all I can smell is citrus and lemon smell. It does not smell like other strains.

I can attest to the AK-47.. well, a hybrid there of [White Siberian: WhiteWidow+AK47] STINKS! (and I love it!!)

I use a carbon-filter-can + fan like most here but even in VEG this thing comes through. Just brushing up against a leaf gets your hand/arm stinky...

oops sorry you looking for NOT stinky
I have not grown Satori... I have no actual good input for this thread.

Good luck
:48:

I fry onions. seriously. Works everytime.
WoW GREAT idea. that is a pungent, penetrating, well known, LEGAL odder.
(and often leads to some good food getting cooked too!)

Well then throw some curry in with the onions no one will wanna be around

Latest posts

Back