Scared of getting COPD or Cancer from MJ - Will edibles or pills have lon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WorriedJohnyBoy

Reaction score
Scared of getting COPD or Cancer from MJ - Will edibles or pills have long term affect on organs?

I want to know if there is any long term damage to organs if I consume MJ via food, caps/pills, tincture, etc..Will it affect pancrease or liver like a pharmaceutical pill would?

I'm a 30 year old asthmatic, I was diagnosed at 16 but ignored and continued to play sports, swim and bike without inhaler. They said it was a mild version. I recently quit smoking MJ and switched to vaporizing, no particular reason just wanted to becareful in the long run. I never smoked cigs, ever. I'm still able to play basketball with the 20 year olds on full court without any issues.

To top it off I suffer from GAD (generalize anxiety disorder and OCD). I read an article yesterday about marijuana and emphysema at a young age. This put me in panic mode and I quickly made an appointment with doc to been next week. I even went out and purchased a brand new FLOW PEAK METER made by omcrom. I came home and tested, my numbers were really low at 450, the highest was around 500. The normal rate for someone my age and height is 622. I'm barely at 450. I'm only 150lbs, not sure if this has any affect to score.

The meter I purchased 1/5 star reviews on amazon, mainly about the quality but some are complaining that the meter always shows 80-100 lower compared to other meters Not sure what to make of it. I'm scared and can barely focus. I just had a son, now I'm afraid I wont be around to see him grow up. I have no wheezing or any asthma attacks in my whole life.

To top it off my mother died of rare lung cancer called BAC at 49, however she was a heavy tobacco smoker. I lived with my dad and only seen her a few times, her house reaked of smoke. After I seen article on how you have 70% chance of getting lung cancer if you parents got it and you smoke. I spoke to genetics counselor who did not think it was necessary to test if there was not a strong family history (only sporadic with known cause) of LC in immediate family. No other history of cancer in my family. Both sides of grandparents are hitting their 90's.

It would be stupid of me to even continue to vaporizer or smoke. Anyone else consume mj via pills on a daily basis?

the union - the business behind getting high

link: hxxp://www.sockshare.com/file/F3C7C9DBB88CA9AF#
(change hxxp to http)
start at 9 mins and watch till 11 mins.

smoking heated plant matter of any kind will always be bad for you, BUT
marijuana smoke does not cause cancer.
there aren't any cases of mj only smokers getting emphysema or brown lung syndrome.

You might want to do a bit more research. You are operating on some misconceptions.

http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.answers.php?questionID=000234

This site has a lot of views and some valuable information.
But ultimately, there doesn't seem to be a clear answer to this question.

I usually have pretty bad bronchitis which I attribute to spending my entire life around second hand smoke (though I myself have never smoked cigarettes) and a weakened immune system due to chronic stress.

When I'm around a campfire, smoke from cooking, cig smoke or smoke from pot, I cough, my lungs hurt, I feel uncomfortable. I'm not saying that I'm going to get cancer from these sources but smoke in the lungs doesn't not sit well with me personally.

If you're really worried about it, do what I do, only ingest it. Eat it, use the oil, but maybe it's best not to smoke it.

I am 61 years old. I have smoked since I was 17. i lead an active life and am in great health. Vaporizing does not put any smoke in your lungs.

Latest posts

Back