Scared of pH?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigweedo

Reaction score
Hi Guys!!

I've been thinking about switching to Sugar Peak nutrients and I keep seeing this reoccurring suggestion on the label stating, "Recommended pH Range: 5.4-6.5. Do not let the pH exceed 6.8."

I've always tried to keep the pH of my feeds going into soil at 6.2-6.5. These products obviously aren't organic, so is it still ok to let the pH of your feed be below 6.2 in a non-organic grow with these nutrients?

First of all, I am curious why you are consider changing? And why Sugar Peak? What are you using now? Is it unsatisfactory? I do not know anyone using those nutes or anything at all about them.

Can they be used for both hydro and soil? Maybe that is why the 5.4 is the low value? Regardless, I doubt that the company has changed the basic biology of the plant, which is what dictates nutrient uptake at different pH levels. So, if you decide on these nutes, I would call the company and have them to clarify this before I bought. It is known by scientific studies that soil plants uptake nutrients between certain pH levels and 5.4 is too low unless you are growing hydro, ande even then 5.4 is the low end.

If you are in soil than ph everything to 6.3-6.8. The lower number of 5.4 is obviously for Hydro.

Latest posts

Back