Scattering of questions...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ravishing_68

Reaction score
After reading many posts, I have some questions.

I own a caddy, what kind of system is that considered to be? DWC?
www.sunlightsheds.com to see it. Having bought mine used a few things didn't come with it such as the reservoir, hydrotons, many netpots. I think I have it pretty well set up but I wonder if sterlite container (28qts) is tall enough? And if I will be able to go to the end in 3" netpots.

My pH has not been a problem since Mutt sent me that great chart..Thanks Mutt!!! I can keep the same pH for probably a week. It is my ppm that I have problems with, I suspect due to evaporation??? day one it was 171 with nutes, day 2 278, now day 3 it is 591. How do I get the ppm's to stabilize? and How often should I change the water?

I have more of my first planting in the grow journal section.

Caddy bottom.jpg

They say it is aeroponics. Very good buy. I hear great things about it from the guy at the Hydro store, and He cant get em so you know its good. If it mists the roots every once in a while it is aeroponics.

Oh and what kind of water are you using? I would change the solution every 1 1/2 - 2 weeks.

You cannot 'stabilize' the ppm... u want to add phed water when the ppm starts to get high for the part of the grow you are in.

Kade, I'm in the vege stage now. What should the PPMs be, in your opinion?

Rocky Dog I change my water once a week, using tap water I let set overnight, then add 1 tsp. Dyna-Gro per gallon of water. Then I check the pH and PPM and it was 5.2 pH & 171 ppm.

ph is a tad low... dont let it get ne lower.. I won't tell u what ppm should be as it does vary between different companies of nutes... usually 1400-2200.

Most Cities Tap Water is 300ppm. So 171 is definately fine.

Latest posts

Back