Scope question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Friend-of-a-friend

Reaction score
This may sound like a mundane question, but should you check your trichs for amber under HID lights, or regular, or does it matter? It just occurred to me that the lights mess up cameras, and due to the spectrum may shift what we visually process. I have HPS, MH, and flouro side light in room.

I think the lighting will make a difference when looking at trichs. THG says that she takes a leaf out into regular light and places it on a flat surface to check the trichs. I use a lighted loupe that has the blue/white light LEDs in it and it seems to offset the yellow of my HPS, but it is still tricky then. I may start doing like 'Goddess' on my upcoming harvest.

I cut a leaf and place it on a table, my scope is lit though...

As the others my scope has a blue/white led that offsets the hps so I can still tell inside my room.

I have an orange led on mine. I have to use a 6500k flouro

I cut a leaf (usually one or two at different heights on the plant) and put it on a piece of white paper on a flat surface and my scope has a LED light. This is the only way that I can see the amber.

You can get one of these for under 7 bucks shipped to your door, its 50 times magnifier with 2 led lights

140CA8BLZVF.jpg

although this one is also interesting under 7 bucks also

140CALU9V6M.jpg

Dman I got one of those of eBay for like 2 bucks shipped to my house....they actually work pretty good. ( not the eye piece one).

Hamster Lewis said:
Dman I got one of those of eBay for like 2 bucks shipped to my house....they actually work pretty good. ( not the eye piece one).

me 2....... works great

Hamster Lewis said:

Yeah i think it cost me 4 bucks to my door, i'm just sorry i ordered only one, next time i will order 4 or 5, i havent had to replaces the batteries in a year of use, and at that price i wont i will just order more.

Has anybody tried one of the digital ones that can take stills and you can see what you are looking at on the computer screen via a USB. As I get older and can't see as well, I thought this might help.

When in the room I look at the buds themselves as well as all the sugar leaves around them. I try to get a general consensus of the whole plant. I look in multiple places all over it.

Latest posts

Back