Scroggy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking about starting to trim the undergrowth...

Should I wait for the stretch to stop to trim out? I don't want to trim stuff now that might grow through the screen later..

They are in week 2 going into 3 so I'll have about 4 more days of stretch..

anybody have anu experience with this?

and when should I stop tucking the branches?

When I look at pictures of scrogs, their branches are taller than mine..
I just got done tucking and I'm on day 16 of 12/12..

did I tuck too much?.. ("tuck too much"...ACDC)

I pretty much quit tucking when I put it into 12/12. I think it looks great though I would not tuck anymore. Most people don't tuck enough. Looks like you did a great job of filling the screen.

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

CMD :48: looks great bra.. I rememeber the grape ape we had tasted like grape bubble yum. drools looking at your grow.. some nice strains you got lined up there.. happy growing planti aloha Squidy:ciao:

Hello All,

I took some pics this evening..

first 3 pics are the harvested Grape Ape (different grow than the scrog grow).. I was bummed cuz I thought each cola would be about 7gms each.. turns out to be a little under 14 each.. hooray!

The next two pictures are the vegging Blackberry Kush.. these have been tied down and trained to bush out and are only a month old..I'm pretty pleased with these..

I'm trying to let em go as long as possible becuase I added an Agent Orange clone late and I'm trying to let 'er catch up..They are getting flipped under a screen in four days..

The next two pictures are of the San Fernando Valley Kush (we'll call her SFVK from here on) these are supposed to be high yeilders that will do well with a screen..

The last three are of the Grape Ape scrog. We just started stretch a day or two ago and last night was the last night I will tuck branches.. I was concerned that I may have been tucking too long, but there is still plenty of stretch left to go..

I was thinking about trimming the undergrowth of the scrogged Apes, but I'll wait until after the stretch is over.. I don't want to cut something that would have punched through the screen in a few days..

well,

That's all for now..

SAM_5596.JPG

SAM_5597.JPG

SAM_5599.JPG

SAM_5600.JPG

SAM_5601.JPG

SAM_5602.JPG

SAM_5603.JPG

SAM_5604.JPG

SAM_5605.JPG

SAM_5606.JPG

Well, I just flipped over my Blackberry Kush to 12/12 and put them under a screen. I am concerned that I should make the screen higher, as this strain does stretch..

The screen is about 70% filled at this height, but I could raise the screen (it's not too late) and it would be less filled..

The screen is about 4 x 7 and is at an incline, as the plants on one end are shorter..

Looking at the pics again, it looks like there is vegetaion above the screen, but there isn't... all underneath, as the screen just went up an hour ago..

This strain can stretch up to three feet (see pics on the first page of the stretchies) so should I give them more room before hitting the screen?

:?

SAM_5615.JPG

SAM_5616.JPG

SAM_5617.JPG

SAM_5618.JPG

SAM_5619.JPG

well here are some more pics.. any scrog help or comments would be appreciated

Blackberry Kush at 45 days and

San Fernando Valley Kush (aka Chem Valley Kush).. just lil' babies

SAM_5620.JPG

SAM_5621.JPG

SAM_5622.JPG

SAM_5623.JPG

SAM_5624.JPG

well here are some more pics.. any scrog help or comments would be appreciated

these 5 are of the Blackberry Kush that were just flipped to 12/12..

These stretch a lot, so I'm wondering if I should raise my screen a little to avoid filling it too much..anyone on that idea?

They look really leafy so I'm thinking of trimming a little underneath before they set into the screen..

SAM_5625.JPG

SAM_5626.JPG

SAM_5627.JPG

SAM_5628.JPG

And here are the Grape Apes.. about 20 days into 12/12 and looking good.. I'm concerned about them fattening up, but we aren't even halfway to harvest (day 55) yet..

SAM_5629.JPG

SAM_5630.JPG

SAM_5631.JPG

Well I pinched the tops of the highest branches today, that's why they look all sad..

I'm going to put a screen over them when I flip them to 12/12, so i'm training 'em to be flat as possible..

when the supercropped tops perk back up, I'll tie 'em down with wire to keep the canopy even..

This strain is called Chem Valley Kush and it's from a great nursery.. they are growing like monsters.. when it's time for the flip in two weeks, they'll be HUGE..

SAM_5634.JPG

SAM_5635.JPG

SAM_5636.JPG

SAM_5637.JPG

I think they are looking great. I wouldn't worry about them fattening up. You are only about a third of the way into flowering and IMO, they are looking quite nice for 20 days in. I think that you have this scrog thing figured out--nice!

The Hemp Goddess said:
I think they are looking great. I wouldn't worry about them fattening up. You are only about a third of the way into flowering and IMO, they are looking quite nice for 20 days in. I think that you have this scrog thing figured out--nice!

Thank you for checking it out.. I'm hoping to end up with some great yields, thanks to the screen and this help..

Happy Tuesday ya'll

Hey just looked through the journal here and your girls are really nice indeed :) Congrats on the harvest, some nice looking colas hanging up there. I don't know a lot about scrog as I have only done it a little. You probably have more experience than me at this point, but I would raise the screen on the BBKush. As you said, they are real stretchers and you just flipped them. It looks like the screen is mostly filled already so raising it about 4-6" would allow you to spread out the stretchers as they go and refill it with lots of bud sites. JMO :)

Here's the ladies from all the different spaces..

the scrogged Grape Apes.. filling out nicely for 4 weeks of 12/12

the buff SFVK doing presses with a water bottle.. sweet.. A lot of moving air..a lot..(apparently I can't upload those pics, but they are in my other thread in the Coffee Table)

and the scrogged Blackberry Kush at 5 days 12/12..

SAM_5699.JPG

SAM_5697.JPG

SAM_5694.JPG

All the times when I wander to the grow room and wish I could do something.. scrog is perfect!

It's given me a lot more control in how my Blackberry Kush grows... and stretches..

Like Hammy says.. it's like unrolling a plant horizontally.. good times!

My grow feels very interactive... I like it

here are some pics from the rooms..

first three pics are the Grape Ape scrog at about 35 days.. lookin' good and fattening up nicely..

next two are the "little Apes".. they are only a couple of weeks old..

Moving on.. are the Blackberry Kush scrog.. they are at about a week and a half.. they are already stretching like crazy and I'm loving this screen to keep them in check.. they want to pull thier old tricks again, but HA HA.. screen strikes again..

there is also two shots of a branch pre and post scrog.. hopefully the node below the tip will get above the screen.

Last but not least is the San Fernando Valley Kush... I think these speak for themselves.. Loving these for the screen as well..

SAM_5740.JPG

SAM_5741.JPG

SAM_5742.JPG

SAM_5738.JPG

SAM_5739.JPG

SAM_5735.JPG

SAM_5736.JPG

SAM_5737.JPG

SAM_5728.JPG

SAM_5731.JPG

resin-reaper said:
Sorry i don't believe you do get more bud sites.
its okay. A lot of people don't believe fact when its thrown right in their faces. Have you ever vegged a plant for 8 weeks? Because I've got 2going plants going in my closet right now. One vegged 8 weeks, the other vegged for nearly 6. The 8 week veg has got MORE than triple the budsites than its 6 week counterpart and is more than likely going to produce three times what the small plant will. If id had 3 of the smaller ones in there, I still highly doubt they would produce as much sensimilla. Sorry but I also disagree with you. It might be more "efficient" as far as water uptake going from root to top growth, being that the water has to travel twice, if not three times as far, but as for that impacting your yield, I believe you are sorely mistaken.

Latest posts

Back