Scroggy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here they is..Clockwise from top left
The SFVK at 5 days 12/12 under screen..

the Blackberry Kush at 3 weeks 12/12..screened

the Grape Ape with 3 weeks to go.. lookin' nice...

the Grape Apes in veg.. about two weeks I think..

SAM_5784.JPG

SAM_5788.JPG

SAM_5790.JPG

SAM_5792.JPG

SAM_5795.JPG

:ciao: cmd420~

I just finished going thru ur journal and I gotta say :holysheep: !!! Those are some exceptionally nice ladies you got going there! I love all the different strains and I esp am interested in this scrog set up you have... For all my LST, and wire hooks, and daily adjustments of said hooks, well... I'mma read EVERYTHING on this that I can and pick ur brain along the way!

:icon_smile: Thank you for sharing ur epic grow(s)!

Puasurfs, I also had a hard time trying to LST. I found the screens so much easier. Cmd has done a great job here with his scrog.

puasurfs said:

I just finished going thru ur journal and I gotta say :holysheep: !!! Those are some exceptionally nice ladies you got going there! I love all the different strains and I esp am interested in this scrog set up you have... For all my LST, and wire hooks, and daily adjustments of said hooks, well... I'mma read EVERYTHING on this that I can and pick ur brain along the way!

:icon_smile: Thank you for sharing ur epic grow(s)!

it's wonderful.. having more control over how my plants grow and being able to control vertical stretch is really working out..

I just added Purple Cadillac to the stable.. I'll throw up some pics soon

The Hemp Goddess said:
Puasurfs, I also had a hard time trying to LST. I found the screens so much easier. Cmd has done a great job here with his scrog.

Thanks again for your help with it:)

Just wondering what you look for in a strain to scrog? I mean, is it better for strains that stretch? ones that are especially robust? ones that have a longer/shorter flower time? Or will any kind do?

I'm about to purchase some seeds (Support Nirvana and MP @ the same time.), plus the three strains (moms) I already have (like AK and SourD really wanna stretch).

Very interested in ur gj and ur scrog technique. Btwn yourself and THG, I outta be able to get-r-done. Thanks.

from left to right, top to bottom.. (like a book)

1st is the Grape Ape in veg about 4 weeks.. gettin ready for the flip on Monday..

Next one is of the SFVOGK at about 2 1/2 weeks.. these are a major PITA.. if you zoom in on the pics, you can see how ridiculously skinny most of the stems are.

I am majorly lucky I am using a screen with those, because their structure is a freaking joke.. without a screen I would have a tangle of stretchy branches in stead of a little organization.. I stopped tucking them at about 16 days.. they are at 18 days now and I'm assuming that there is a little more stretch to come.. I still have like a foot of space, so I should be okay..

Next two are the Blackberry Kush at about 1 month, with another to go. These are scrogged, but I feel like I stopped tucking them too early. They have a lot of stretch beyond the screen, but the canopy is even, so I feel okay about it overall..

The last one is of the Grape Apes that are about 2 days away from harvest.. This was my first scrog and I think I got a nice even canopy in there with about 40 tops under each of the two 1k's..

SAM_6073.JPG

SAM_6076.JPG

SAM_6081.JPG

SAM_6082.JPG

SAM_6084.JPG

SAM_6086.JPG

puasurfs said:

Just wondering what you look for in a strain to scrog? I mean, is it better for strains that stretch? ones that are especially robust? ones that have a longer/shorter flower time? Or will any kind do?

I'm about to purchase some seeds (Support Nirvana and MP @ the same time.), plus the three strains (moms) I already have (like AK and SourD really wanna stretch).

Very interested in ur gj and ur scrog technique. Btwn yourself and THG, I outta be able to get-r-done. Thanks.

In my limited experience, it doesn't matter.. I am doing short bushy Grape Ape that look great

..as well as some SFVK that is turning out to be reallly leggy and the screen is essential to keep 'em far enough under the lights..

I'm finding that the most important thing is to stop tucking at the right time..

If I stop tucking too early and the plants overgrow the screen too far, it makes the screen way less effective..

Too much tucking for too long and the tops wil develop under and in the screen.. not good either..

I think that knowing the ins and outs of a particular strain is probably the most important aspecty in a succesfull scrog..

Even though these were my first scrogs, I had grown the Grape Ape and the BlackBerry Kush a few times before trying it with them..

They look incredible! And as far as "your limited experience" goes, ur a natural at this! I'm subbed~there is much to learn here.:)

Awsome GJ CMD...
them ladies look perdy...
i will have to agree with you there.. on the tuckin ... theres a fine line between under and over tuckin.. the time i did it i over tucked then the second time i under and had just as much growth up top as i did underneith.. lol.. not a perdy pic thats for sure...

keep up the good work man..
im pulling up a seat... hope you like ketchup chips cuz i got bags of em lol..
LH

So let me get this straightened away I'm a small bit confused, you veg (for how long and do you top or fim?) your plants regularly and then when you put them into 12/12 is when you apply the screen and how long do you tuck?

The room I'm planning will have seperate veg and flower sections, so with my veg room being half the size of my flower room I'm kind wondering how I will do my screen without making each area 4'x4' (planned veg room is 4'x2'). If I make my veg room 4'x4' I'll need more lighting maybe but that will let me train under the screen for veg then move into the flower room (yes the screens will move with the plant pots all together).

I had the screen over my vegging plants as soon as they got 12". I did not top or fim. As the branches grow, you keep them under the screen and train them to grow horizontally. Generally, they are put into 12/12 when approx 70-75% of the screen is filled. At this point, the growing tips (only) are allowed to grow up through the screen. You may be better off doing lst if you are going to have to move from a vegging space to a flowering space. When I did mine, I vegged and flowered i8n the same space.

Thanks for the journal. I have limited head space so my next grow I am going to try this and the journal is helping a lot.

Latest posts

Back