Sea of green

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TURKEYNECK

Old School
Reaction score
Ive been seriously concidering a sea of green for my next run...my space is 2' deep and 4' wide. I can fit 8 2 gallon buckets in there. My plants cannot get above 2' tall....what do you guys think? Sea of green..or 8 w/LST? I want to fill it up.:D

i always think its a good idea to check your state laws to see the different fine/punishment amounts for different amounts of plants. something to consider i think. you can fill the space with fewer plants if you LST

woah...they say.." If you possess more than an ounce, sell, grow, or intend to distribute any quantity of marijuana, you can go to prison for up to ten years."...yikes.

with a small veg box I could grow two mothers...achieve 10+ tops each..take 6 clones (30% per) then flower 6 clones AND the 2 mothers simultaniously...I dont have the space to keep the mothers which is counterproductive I know....
Just tryin to devise a plan. Any Ideas?

TURKEYNECK said:
with a small veg box I could grow two mothers...achieve 10+ tops each..take 6 clones (30% per) then flower 6 clones AND the 2 mothers simultaniously...I dont have the space to keep the mothers which is counterproductive I know....
Just tryin to devise a plan. Any Ideas?
Whats up TURKEYNECK. IMHO i would go with LST if you only have 2 feet of space because your plants will stretch anywhere from 1 to 2 feet once put into flower. If you LST you can keep them down and not have to worry about height. As far as keeping mother plants you only need a few small CFL'S to keep them going.

turkeyneck, i grew in 6" pipes SOG. 2' x 4' = 32 plants. i had 4' height with the pipes 1'. you could run a lowryder strain easy in that space with T5 grow tubes. i had a sheided 1000w HPS with the air removed. check out canso's sog; he's got 112 plants on a 4.5' x 9' table.

astra007 said:
turkeyneck, i grew in 6" pipes SOG. 2' x 4' = 32 plants. i had 4' height with the pipes 1'. you could run a lowryder strain easy in that space with T5 grow tubes. i had a sheided 1000w HPS with the air removed. check out canso's sog; he's got 112 plants on a 4.5' x 9' table.

Ive thought about pipes but I didnt think 1' would allow enough space for root growth...I have an aircooled 400mh mounted stationary with the mottom of the reflector at 4'....

TURKEYNECK, A 6" PIPE oopsy. 1' is twice the depth of a standard 1 gal. nursery pot. or 2' x 4' = 18 - 8" pipes and go 9" high. with pipes you can play around because you can buy any size and cut any depth.

astra007 said:
TURKEYNECK, A 6" PIPE oopsy. 1' is twice the depth of a standard 1 gal. nursery pot. or 2' x 4' = 18 - 8" pipes and go 9" high. with pipes you can play around because you can buy any size and cut any depth.

true..true.. If my box is 4' tall and my containers are 1' tall I could veg to 10 or 12'' and they would likely stay under 2'...does this sound right?..

In the link above it sais that 1'x1' is the amount of space needed to achieve a sea of green. 2 gallon buckets are 1' wide so eight would fill it up. I would still have to top 'em and use LST to stay short and bushy..would this method produce more bud? or the SOG?

got a problem here my friend; short and bushy? a SOG is top cola's only that yer after not this type of grow yer mentioning. wrong terminology.

what you want is; as you only have a 400w for light is a maximum of 8 plants, right? if you stick to a true indica and flower at 12", should get 3' finish. K2 would be nice. you could fill the bottom of yer box with dirt; creating a FLOWER BED to a height of 9" - 12" allowing the area around the plant sites to be slightly higher. each plant would thus grow in a crater like spot in the bed. like pushing a soup bowl down in a level surface and planting in the middle of it. by raising the outer levels by 4" more would give the roots more expansion space, remember they go sideways as well as down. i've grown this way and it works - just forget the pots completely. an indica would finish flower in 6 - 8 weeks so ya dont have to worry about "root battles". box would have to have drain holes and a 1" layer of lava rock on bottom.

I would still have to top 'em and use LST to stay short and bushy..would this method produce more bud? or the SOG?

hahaa Sorry..what Im trying to figure out is if I would produce more bud by doing 8 bushes...OR by 7 rowes of 4-6'' pvc w/ 28 clones flowered at around 10 or 12'' and trimmed half way down....SOG style... whould 400mh even light this canopy?

yes but thats hydro. do the 8, i think or you will have to add more lights

Latest posts

Back