sealed recirculating co2 grow box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pcduck said:
911reagan who are you really?

Kind of sounds like you are a former, disgruntle member.

Not as long as you keep posting crap.;)

Now lets talk about trouble maker...Was I the one then sent out nasty pm's?... No...Did 911reagan send out nasty pm's?.. Yes...Who came on to the BHC with their first 2 posts as a member here spewing stuff about witchcraft and practicing witchcraft.....So before you call me a trouble maker maybe you should point your finger at yourself.

Hey at least you did not say I was wrong about your set-up and how messed up it is.:D

Im thinking the same thing.

911reagan said:
that link doesn't work but I would check your work and not rely on that calculator

The link works fine so does my math. im sorry you cant figure it out but that's why they have the calculator.

911reagan said:
I understand what youre saying but with a completely sealed room ethylene accumulates which is not good. im going to at the very least try this setup and if it doesn't work back to the drawing board. how ever I am determined to find a way to manage co2 levels without a tank or burner. but thanks for your input youre one of the more constructive users on this forum

We are trying to tell you that there is NO way to control the CO2 without a burner or tank AND a controller. You can try all you want, but it is not going to work. Some things are possible and some things aren't.

You are gonna ultimately decide your fate man. I must say this though. Looking thru some of our pics, old and new. Can you really sit there and think, "hey, these guys don't know what they speak of"? Some of us, in the past and present grew for a living man. Your telling other ppl in other posts about using Miracle grow moisture control??? You are either

A- Someone who is a little bat ****

B-An old member with a axe to grind

Either way. You giving advice in posts, is not productive to new growers. So think real hard about what you post. I can assure you that most of it is so far off base, its crazy man...

911reagan said:
I understand what youre saying but with a completely sealed room ethylene accumulates which is not good. im going to at the very least try this setup and if it doesn't work back to the drawing board. how ever I am determined to find a way to manage co2 levels without a tank or burner. but thanks for your input youre one of the more constructive users on this forum

Your trippin' on the ethylene man. You can't be serious right?

My room has been sealed, without exchanging air for over 2 years! If there was a build up of ethylene, which is a flammable gas, would have blown up.
It is not a factor what so ever bro.

Trust me, my plants love my sealed room.

Hey Hal :ciao: Do you ever have to ventilate to equalize pressure or anything like that or are you able to continually maintain the co2/o2 cycle within your growing space? I would think that would be more difficult to maintain in smaller grows. I am planning on expanding to a 24'x40' sometime this year and was thinking about going total sealed and generating my co2 with the cooled commercial burner. Do you think that size space would be any problem to maintain? :)

Hey Hal, just read your co2 thread and answered my questions. Thanks :)

This is ******* redundant! If this IS an old member he needs to understand "real world conditions" not the **** "in theory". PERIOD.

No offense 911... But you have had ALL THE HELP YOU WILL EVER GET out of this thread and this forum. I've been here for YEARS, growing for YEARS not on "paper". I NEVER speak from thoughts only EXPERIENCE and have NEVER steered a new grower wrong.

You need to shut up and learn or get the fk off the forum.

Simply put??

;)

nouvellechef said:
You are gonna ultimately decide your fate man. I must say this though. Looking thru some of our pics, old and new. Can you really sit there and think, "hey, these guys don't know what they speak of"? Some of us, in the past and present grew for a living man. Your telling other ppl in other posts about using Miracle grow moisture control??? You are either

A- Someone who is a little bat ****

B-An old member with a axe to grind

Either way. You giving advice in posts, is not productive to new growers. So think real hard about what you post. I can assure you that most of it is so far off base, its crazy man...

honestly i didnt think organic nutes were the way to go for a beginner. miracle gro has readily available nutes that can be leached out through flushing come harvest.also it has polyacrylate which prevents over watering. i recommended the simplest setup for a noob:

cfl lights
small cups
12/12 from seed
the importance of ventilation, not only for heat.
soil with readily available nutes and over/underwatering protection

and advised him to measure twice cut once do his research before continuing
not once have i recommended this setup for a beginner. the worst that can happen if some one who knows what their doing is they buy 5$ worth of silica beads. whoopdie doo.

trillions of atoms said:
This is ******* redundant! If this IS an old member he needs to understand "real world conditions" not the **** "in theory". PERIOD.

No offense 911... But you have had ALL THE HELP YOU WILL EVER GET out of this thread and this forum. I've been here for YEARS, growing for YEARS not on "paper". I NEVER speak from thoughts only EXPERIENCE and have NEVER steered a new grower wrong.

You need to shut up and learn or get the fk off the forum.

Simply put??

;)

in my experience telling a new grower to start brewing teas and setting up hps lights and buying propane burners and 200$ co2 tanks with over 1000$ worth of fittings monitors fans and doodads is a recipe for DISASTER

multifarious said:
Your experience is rather limited, if we can believe a single word you post

02-15-13
grow again i should have said. iov been growing since 2001 off and on. my blueberry has been in flowering since april 21 with a 2 day dark period starting on the 21st. trichs are 5% amber, 70% cloudy and 25% clear. should be getting around 10-16 oz plant is 3 feet tall under a 600 watt super hps with 30 watts blue spectrum. 600w mh will be used for last week and a half and reptile lamps will be added for their uv spectrum. soil used was ocean forest mixed with seedling mix and fed molasses on the initial watering before revegging and every other watering after that. watered with 5-1-1 alaskan fish twice during veg that had been brewing for 3 weeks in a food safe 5 gallon bucket with a 20 watt 45 lpm commercial air pump with 6 inch bubble disc. the flowering cycle received 0-5-0 cave bat guano also aerated with the bubbledisc and both solutions were fed table spoon of molasses to feed microbes. gull wing reflector is being used and walls are covered with reflectix which is mylar on bubble wrap. light lsting was done and super cropping the plant has 5- 6 main colas. revegg began in late january. plants were watered to keep root temps between 70-75 degrees with an aquarium heater. havent had one pest problem the entire 2 grows of this blue berry plant but i was goign to buy lady bugs. super thrive was added twice during veg , air had constantly been circulating and only problem was a slight trace nutrient deficiency because water with a ppm of <6 has been used all grow. this was remedied with trace nutes from the hydro store and cleared up in 2 weeks.temps have ranged from 70-81 farenheit and rh has been between 45-59%. water was phed to 6.3 the entire grow and run off range was from 5.9 to 6.5 but was stablized during veg and i havent had any deviation from 6.2-6.4 since.
estimated harvest will be june12th-june20th

pcduck said:
911reagan who are you really?

Kind of sounds like you are a former, disgruntle member.

Not as long as you keep posting crap.;)

Now lets talk about trouble maker...Was I the one then sent out nasty pm's?... No...Did 911reagan send out nasty pm's?.. Yes...Who came on to the BHC with their first 2 posts as a member here spewing stuff about witchcraft and practicing witchcraft.....So before you call me a trouble maker maybe you should point your finger at yourself.

Hey at least you did not say I was wrong about your set-up and how messed up it is.:D

i dont recall sending you anything , and my first two posts were and i quote
"whats all the faffle about?"
i recieved said reply from 7 green eyes:

welcome to Marijuana Passion, 911reagan.

Here take this and sit a spell...:bong:

to which i replied: "i dont practice witch craft anymore but thanks"

contrary to what you may think, the world doesnt revolve around you.

you werent even part of that conversation. you have smoked yourself paranoid. its only a matter of time before you start smearing mayonnaise on your windows to keep the fbi out of your thoughts.

im ignoring you from now on. and honestly thats the worst thing anyone could do to you.

multifarious said:
Good for you, I'm sure looking forward to seeing pictures of your blueberries and your completed recirculating co2 cab :rolleyes:

in time friend blueberry pics by june 20th if i get 50% amber 50% cloudy by the 15th( i prefer couch lock). co2 recirculating box may be a ways down the road im aiming for july and will immediately begin testing. note that im not going to try and prove the effectiveness of a certain method of producing co2 but im aiming to keep ppm below 1200 at all times and for the ppm to not drop to concentrations of the air outside of the grow box. basically it will be a test without any plants to see if i can run that setup while maintaining a stable concentration while venting heat. im betting on the fact that co2 is so dense and wont be sucked out through the top fan and my criteria for success are as follows:
temps below 90 but above 85 farenheit
co2 concentration that remains stable and doesnt drop down to ambient air concentrations
rh below 60% but above 45%

if after trying everything i cannot achieve all three goals i will make a birds beak pie and eat crow, with pics

multifarious said:
/\ YAWN /\

Been growing since 2001 and your posting crap about baking soda/vinegar, yeast/sugar co2 production, yep your a class act

I'm soooooooo looking forward to seeing those pictures :rolleyes: but can't understand why we have to wait until harvest ?

i dont grow for a living i grow for fun and dont worry there will be post it notes next to the buds scale etc before during and after harvest. im going to put 911 reagan but if you dont believe me you can make a request and il write that down as proof that im not using pics from elsewhere. and yes i have ... off and on. i have 8 grows under my belt, have been around alot of growers and have read alot of books done alot of research. i dont think a 200$ tank is justifiable and the cost to get it refilled every couple weeks is 16-up to 50$ depending on where you grow, then to get it hydro tested i just never saw the allure of lugging around a huge cylinder especially with neighbors. i dont like the idea of propane burners either but that is my personal preference and you can yawn all you want all youre doing is increasing oxygen to your brain. i simply wanted to make those "inferior" methods of co2 production more feasible and even if they are not this is an alternative method of using co2 tanks/ propane burners and will increase efficiency compared to a timed exhaust system and be equivalent to a sealed room minus ethylene. another thing to note ethylene is a class 3 carcinogen and venting and filtering that with carbon may also have health benefits in the long run.

NorCalHal said:
Your trippin' on the ethylene man. You can't be serious right?

My room has been sealed, without exchanging air for over 2 years! If there was a build up of ethylene, which is a flammable gas, would have blown up.
It is not a factor what so ever bro.

Trust me, my plants love my sealed room.

while ethylene is flammable i have yet to see a clutch of bananas burst into flames from smoking a cig near them. the problem with ethylene build up is it causes earlier ripening. im sure if you are running hids, proper nutes, co2 everything goes down without a hitch it might not even be noticeable. the only way to tell is a control experiment with 2 clones from the same mother, two seperate rooms with the exact same conditions rh temps air flow light intensity measured with a lux meter etc.

however there are some benefits of ethylene in that they cause plants grown from seed to lean towards expressing the y gene when exposed. this is another experiment altogether though

911reagan...sure seems you forget a lot of stuff when it suits your needs.

Check your sent pm's for 5-12-2013 @ 6:37am titled fiif

Yeah you showed up at the BHC at about the same time it takes for a person to re-register after being banned for trolling. I think 911reagan was like your 3rd or 4th persona that day after being banned repeatedly earlier. The first and only time THG has had to clean up the BHC. I am sure we all remember even if you don't.

911reagan said:
in my experience telling a new grower to start brewing teas and setting up hps lights and buying propane burners and 200$ co2 tanks with over 1000$ worth of fittings monitors fans and doodads is a recipe for DISASTER

I would rather learn about stuff that works and not about crap that does not work like your recirculation co2 junk.

911reagan said:
and that is the equivalent of doing nothing. a 20 lb tank wont last more than 2 weeks if you're doing it right

Would you like to back that up with any FACTS?
I see you like to drop the subject when there is no discussion about it.
But still spout your misinformation.

Growdude said:

He has none, zero, zilth, nada.

The mathematical formulas are wrong, the calculator is wrong. Everyone is wrong but 911reagan.

Growdude said:
I see you like to drop the subject when there is no discussion about it.
But still spout your misinformation.

first of all , only food grade co2 is 100% co2, that and welding supply stores

second that calculator only takes into effect how many cfh it takes to reach your optimal co2 concentration in an HOUR.

and thirdly if you know someone who gets 437 days out of a 20 lb co2 tank give me his number cause i want some ******* pixie magic for my grow too

Latest posts

Back