sealing lights

dozer42

Reaction score
i was wondering if any one could help me find a product that i can seal up my lights with.

i am running a fan through my 600w to get rid of excess heat. i am tapping into the air ducts and using that air to cool my lights. my problem is the air pushing through my lights gets vented up stairs. i am ok with this but i can have no odor exscaping.

my light came with the glass bottom, but it dose not seal like i want it to. i want some type of product that will seal the glass, that will hold up to the temp with out breaking down, and is removeable so i can replace my bulb.

any ideas?

dozer42

Reaction score
those look nice but i have already bought my light set up. i bought a sun system light that already has hook ups for 6" duct. what my problem is, the glass insert dose not seal real tight. i am afraid that oder will leak through my light and escape. i am looking for some foamy, stickey stuff that will seal that glass to the hood.

Biffdoggie

Test Monkey (Moderator)
Reaction score
Get some metal tape, the stuff made for ducting and what-not, that's about the only thing that will put up with the heat.

Latest posts