Search for Gold continues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rosebud said:
Hey fader, will you tell me exactly how to reveg. Everything you did? I have a Jack I am getting ready to chop and would like to do that with her. I know that's asking a lot, so thanks a bunch and if you don't want to or have time, don't worry about it.

Hey Rosebud, all I have is time....it was real simple to do, nothing special. As you know I grow aero-hydro, not soil but the concept should be the same. When you harvest do you flush/rinse the root system for a few days??

I rinse my roots for 6-8 days b4 the cut, but I leave some foliage in tact like this photo tagged re-veg day1

Then I add 1/3 strenth of Flora Grow, Flora Micro and 1/4 strength of Calmag after a few days from harvest...keeping the CFLs on them 24hrs/day, in aero-hydro it took 3-4 days as the other photo 0001 shows, that was pretty much it.

I suggest the same in soil....hoped I helped

re-veg, day1.JPG

PC240001.JPG

ok, thanks. I don't flush much as i am organic, but I will leave as much foliage as i can on the bottom 1/3? of the plant. Then add nutes and 24 hours a day..
Thanks Fader. How was your ride today?

Rosebud said:
ok, thanks. I don't flush much as i am organic, but I will leave as much foliage as i can on the bottom 1/3? of the plant. Then add nutes and 24 hours a day..
Thanks Fader. How was your ride today?

You are very welcome, hope it works out for ya....

the ride was stellar today, pulled into a park, no-one around, headphones playing Rumors cd by Fleetwood Mac.....got off the harley, sat up on a old picnic table, fired up a gold doob.....sat and watch traffic go by, then the song Rumors kicked it, love that Stevie Nicks, seen her in concert twice in the city, love that witchy woman, drive/ride thru fire to see her again...got the itch to ride on, so took off leaving the doob still burning on that old picnic table :cool: , how was your day??? :D

well,not as good as yours. ha. That sounds great. I had a fine day, just not sunny with wind blowing through my hair.
Stevie Nicks. yes.

Rosebud said:
well,not as good as yours. ha. That sounds great. I had a fine day, just not sunny with wind blowing through my hair.
Stevie Nicks. yes.

With soil it may take longer, I assume you used adjust PH level, just rountine water a few days or so after the cut, no fert/nutes cuz the plant will be stressed, she will produce growth, just give her chance, just leave alittle foliage, 1/3 might be to much...Also soil growers will trim the ball-root after foliage appears, that's what I have seen and heard....

Yeah, Stevie Nicks, she is a babe, hell of a voice...

I don't have much foliage, just buds. They new growth comes out of the buds correct?
Wonder why the root ball. hm..it is hard to find a lot of info in reveg. Thanks again. Are you going riding all weekend?

Rosebud said:
I don't have much foliage, just buds. They new growth comes out of the buds correct?
Wonder why the root ball. hm..it is hard to find a lot of info in reveg. Thanks again. Are you going riding all weekend?

I actually think just the stub of the plant can be re-vegged if one can be patient enough and keep treating it as a living plant...Way back I came across an old school grow check-off/grow guide list...and when I took my 1st cuttings, I had left the ones that had not rooted well in the dome w/just a house lamp w/cfl on it, no water for days, and they rooted & grew...so it can be done...so even a partial cola or branch should work...

Riding this weekend?, I wish....but weather has turn cold and damp for a few days. Besides my loving soulmate "wife" has been sick for a week w/fever. Been taking care of her w/meds, my daughter is an RN and knows her ****...There is a very nasty virus out there my wife and grandsons have been dealing w/for the past 10 days, I just been trying to steer clear of it while trying to nurse her back to health.....

I will get more info on re-vegging for ya later today, just hang in there, I'll get back at you.....stay safe and kool...:cool:

Rosebud said:

I've revegged ....a "few" over the years. "IMO/E"... if you flush prior to your harvest especially, she will welcome a shot of high N vegging nutes to help accommodate the re-growth. Don't want to 'over' do it, remember, you've just removed the bulk of vegetation and gave her a pretty significant "shock".
Yes, the new growth will begin appearing as single, deformed leaves from the bud sites.
I personally, have never trimmed the rootball for a reveg'. I kinda' feel like I've put her through enough stress for awhile.
I have trimmed roots on long time donors/mothers when the got too huge for the pots.

Wow, ya gotta love it when Hick stops by your grow journal. Thank you Hick. I appreciate it very much. i wasn't going to go bonsai the roots. I wouldn't know about that. I will take the last Jack today and see eat all my words and put her in 24 hours.
Thanks guys.

Fader, we had a nasty cold cough here, took mr rb three rounds of antibiotics.. we got well though. I hope you don't get it and your wife gets better very soon. Tell her I said get well.

Hick said:
I've revegged ....a "few" over the years. "IMO/E"... if you flush prior to your harvest especially, she will welcome a shot of high N vegging nutes to help accommodate the re-growth. Don't want to 'over' do it, remember, you've just removed the bulk of vegetation and gave her a pretty significant "shock".
Yes, the new growth will begin appearing as single, deformed leaves from the bud sites.
I personally, have never trimmed the rootball for a reveg'. I kinda' feel like I've put her through enough stress for awhile.
I have trimmed roots on long time donors/mothers when the got too huge for the pots.

Yeah, some people trim off the rootball after the re-veg has already occured for 2-3 weeks, mostly soil growers...in aero-hydro, I leave the roots alone, but I'm always concern about rootbound or root rot....thanks for the imput/support Hick

Rosebud said:
Wow, ya gotta love it when Hick stops by your grow journal. Thank you Hick. I appreciate it very much. i wasn't going to go bonsai the roots. I wouldn't know about that. I will take the last Jack today and see eat all my words and put her in 24 hours.
Thanks guys.

Fader, we had a nasty cold cough here, took mr rb three rounds of antibiotics.. we got well though. I hope you don't get it and your wife gets better very soon. Tell her I said get well.

Yeah it is a crappy virus 4sure....she still is not feeling well and running a temp.....but we have antibiotics.....dealing w/it......

I'm bored, :holysheep: a story

Back many years ago a friend of mine had a 350 Honda, fire engine red in color. He had let me drive it, after that I was hooked. A few years later my brother-in-law had and let me drive his 750 Yamaha, once again I got hooked. Unfortunately I could never afford even a used motorcycle, not while raising a small family. In 2001 my small Building Service Contractor business was at it’s peak. Coming home from work one day, stopped at an intersection I watched about 70-90 motorcycles drive thru...I got goose-bumps and made a promise to myself that this will be the year. After researching, going to every motorcycle shop in the city, looking at Kawasakis , Yamaha’s, Honda’s, Suzuki’s, Victories, Big Boys and Harley Davidson, I liked the Harley the best. I was set on a 1200 Sportster, but I really like the way the Harley soft-tales looked, suspension under the bike. 88 cubic inches/1450 cc V twin engine, 5 gear transmission 1 down-4 up shift, a true road cruiser...
Out of the 7 or 8 soft tale models to choose from, I picked/purchased a 2001 Harley Davidson Fatboy, Pearl Black w/burgundy pinstripe paint. Stock weight at 789 lbs, fat tires, solid rims, I added Vance & Hines dual chrome staggered shotgun 2 ½ inch exhaust pipes, over the years lots of chrome. The fatboy probably weighs over 850 lbs today w/all the customizing.
When I was breaking her in, I kept to low traffic areas, no high-ways, not until I had reached 500 miles as recommended by HD manual. Your not just breaking in the bike, but yourself as well, on how to drive and handle one. Any motorcycle owner knows that you must learn how your bike handles in most condition. Not to mention a constant alertness at all times....leave the show-off **** at home....as I always say....but nearly lost it coming off an off ramp to a highway once, the bikes weight at 70 mph takes you where it wants to go if you are not in control, I actual drifted into the next lane w/o any control for a split second and that’s all it takes to get killed...hope I learned my lesson that day...
But that first time coming out onto the highway, there is nothing like it, truly. Now I can relate a little to what a fighter pilot kinda feels like taking off on an aircraft carrier in his jet.....
Now today as a grower and biker I find myself just wanting to grow, smoke and ride....that’s my story and I’m sticking to it......the grow, the bike, the ride.....later

My baby day 1 in 2001

Fatboy 01a.jpg

Great story Fader. I have always wanted to get a bike, maybe I will get one as my next vehicle. I dont really know much about them, but I used to ride on the back of my dads until he had to sell it, and I loved every minute. :aok: thanks for the story mate!

MosesPMG said:
Great story Fader. I have always wanted to get a bike, maybe I will get one as my next vehicle. I dont really know much about them, but I used to ride on the back of my dads until he had to sell it, and I loved every minute. :aok: thanks for the story mate!

If you live a real nice all year round climate, a bike is the way to go. Back in 2001 filling my 5 gallon gas tank cost under 8 bucks, now? over 18-21 bucks, plus the 50 mpg is nice as well....

Ya my car right now costs about $50 to fill up, on a good day. I would love to get something that gets that good milage

In 1970 I got on a tiny bike, popped the clutch and plowed into a barbed wire fence, my very irritated dad had to get me out of. I got better after that.. Had fun riding that summer and driving some. Haven't ridden in a million years. I am glad you got your bike and you love it fader.

Years ago I was riding a 750 and was taking a buddy around to the bike shops so he could look at bikes. In one showroom there sat a used Virago 1100 - cream and teal with a sweet blond leather custom seat with fringes, I sat on it and just loved it. But I already had a bike and we were still looking for a bike for my friend. I got home 2 hrs. later and called the shop and it was SOLD!!! So I called the new dealer and was told "they don't make those anymore..."
It took 2 years of looking for one that wasn't trashed or 1500 miles away. But I found one, and spent 2 years and not inconsiderable money customizing it. 2 years later a guy T-boned me and totalled it (and did a job on me). I was NOT ready to get back into the saddle for a year and a half. Then the same buddy says to me, "Hey bud, ain't you gonna get a bike before Americade? So I go online and right away I find a '98 virago 1100 special with 742 original miles... and only a 6 hour round trip to go see it...
That was 2 years ago and I'm still customizing it.

Thanks Rosebud, EDGY and MosesPMG....

Rosebud, I suggest you get training wheels, no just kidding...

EDGY, great story, awesome sounding bike, cream and teal, wow that had be really pretty. Sorry to hear about the accident, man it's always the other driver in 95% of motorcycles these days

MosesPMG, my wifes car cost a fortune each week for gas, I don't even drive my Pick-up or Van anymore.....they just sit in the back driveway, Van is for sale in fact.....

Guys don't mean to tell stories in my grow journal, just bored to death today.....gonna smoke a ham later today.....seeing I have been cooking for 10 days, might as well go all out today....thanks for your guys imput, really Rosebud, your Dad had to pull you out, love to have seen that....

ohhh yeah took a digital video of my grow today, trying to figure out the editing, btw does anybody know how to load a video on this forum????? :D

Hoping to ride later w/Bob Seger...Pink Floyd....AC/CD....

Fatboy 01b.jpg

Added another 105 watter into the mix totally 1190watts, 68,000 lumen, Ppms 789, PH at 5.6, the gals are still sucking up a gallon of nutes/day.....routine is always the same until the flowers show, then 2 gal./day, ripening up to harvest 3 gallons/day....so whats the plan????

Got a freebee awhile back from hydro-store, the owner carries a side-arm btw in his store, nice location indeedy.....the freebee is Botanicare PureBlend Bloom, it's organic, so after the weekly flush/rinse, going to add w/GH Flora Bloom, Flora Micro, Calmag+.....see if there is any difference

Right now a little stretching going on, a few close-up shots indicate a few more days b4 hairs appear, last time it was 11 days at 12/12.....

P1220001.JPG

P1220006.JPG

P1220007.JPG

P1220009.JPG

Latest posts

Back