Seaweed Extract For Clones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBFan

Days of Wine and....Roses
Reaction score
Does anyone use seaweed extract (or a derivative product) to assist in rooting clones?

Is it overkill, or does it actually speed up the rooting?

Thanks!

HI BBfan...

Howzit going? I clone in a bubbler and I usually just use plain ph'd tap water but if I have a strain that is a slow rooter and getting yellow I'll add a little MaxiCrop Liquid Seaweed (Kelp) and it helps with overall vigor and rooting. I don't use it for every strain because most strains root without anything added but in my bubbler the ph tends to rise too high and I have to adjust it back down every couple of days. My guess is that the bubbling speeds up the organics in the kelp and the ph rises... but if you clone in soil or plugs I wouldn't think it would be an issue. I also like to use MaxiCrop as a foliar spray with clones if they need a little help.

Peace!:cool:

Thanks DOS! Knew I could count on you for an in-depth response.
Hope things are good with you. I just took some cuttings off a blueberry I've got growing. This is my first time cloning and I put them in a 50/50 mix of perlite and Happy Frog. Keeping the medium moist and foilar spraying twice to three times a day with ph'd water.

Did some reading on seaweed extracts that said it contains growth regulators that can stimulate root growth. I used some Green Light rooting hormone when I took the cuttings and I usually have a tendency to overdo things (the more is better school of thought) and didn't want to give them too much. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back