Second Auto Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

risktaker27

midnight toker
Reaction score
here we grow again this 2nd time around i will be growing AK 47 fems the girls are a week old now.i only poped 3 of them this was going to be a test run but im pleased with how things are turning out so far.they will be growing under a 150watt HPS at night & during the day they will be in the sun for the most part.i will be adding a few auto Cheese fems in the next few weeks for now.im waiting a few other things to get here befor i pop thos beans but anyways hope you like

comments are welcome thx for stoping bye

389.JPG

388.JPG

I think you should consider keeping them under the HPS all the time. I doubt that sitting in the window like that is going to give them nearly enough sun, especially autos and the time of year and with you being in the northern part of the US. They look nice and green, but already look to have some stretch to them, a condition that will be exacerbated by the weak light from the window. Also, what did you plant them in? The medium looks a little barky and I'm thinking maybe needs an addition of something like perlite.

lol i see you noticed that hemp i plan on adding some perlite when i transplant them.i have ff ocean frost but im waitng till they get bigger befor i use that soil never tried that one.but i have heard great things thx for the input hemp

Sup Risk yeah I agree with THG I would also just keep them under the light at all times got to think also if your going to take them in and out the house chances for the little critters to get in there also. And yeah put that perlite in there

WEEK 2 UPDATE

well so far so good the girls are really starting to take off after the transplant.i waited a little longer than i wanted to amazing how fast thos little roots grow.the mistake i see so far i dont like the square pots they take up way to much room next time i will stick with round pots.also thinking of adding a nother light well thats about it for now hope ya like

ohh ya im running them on 18 1/2 on and like 5 1/2 off somthing like that lol

PICT0857.JPG

PICT0858.JPG

PICT0859.JPG

IMO, square pots are superior to round pots--they make the most of available space.

You should be running your lights 24/7. Or at the very very least 20/4, especially with autos.

It is a good idea to bury the stems up to the first set of leaves when transplanting when your plants have stretched. I would have transplanted them into at least 3 gal containers so that you wouldn't have to transplant again. Every time you transplant you stress them at least a little and with autos you do not want to stress them any more than absolutely necessary.

I have a question...

I have a few autos that I want to switch to HPS, but I also have a few FEM seedlings (2-3 weeks old) non auto in the closet. Will they still Veg (just not as vigorously) under HPS?

Thanks

IMHO/E I love vegging/Flowering with HPS, Just start the light high, or the plant low, and move them closer over a week.. You can probably keep that 150w hps 8-10in from the tops after a week or two..

I have vegged photoperiods with my auto's in my bubblelicious grow... she turned into a friggin monster by the time she flowered..

The reason to use t5's or MH for veg and swap for flowering to hps is because of the spectrum of light output by the bulb. Both will grow plants adequately but if you give it everything it wants and needs when it needs it you'll always see more ideal results.

Week three update
things are coming along nicely the girls are loving the new pots and the ffof soil they have exploded in growth since last weeks transplant cant believe the diffrence of growth in a week got them running on 20/4 waiting on my other light to come in.started them on half strength nutes.over all im very pleased with how things are coming

001-001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

just thought i post a quick little peak inside my grow closet its still a work inprogress i try to pick up a few things every week that i need when i get paid if i dident have child support every week also i would have every thing i need by now and them some:icon_smile:

001.JPG

Nice shade of green on them....are you gonna finish them in those pots? I domt grow autos anymore but one thing you want to do is minimize stress and the fewer transplants the better. It's not like you get to increase their veg time once they start flowering. Jmo

Auto AK47 is one of my favorites. I've had several grows with them. I like those square rose pots but they don't make drip pans for them so I went back to the round pots... found some tall and narrow 3 gallon tree pots that are my favorite. Your grow looks fine. 20/4 is the minimum I'd do - I run mine 24/0 just because I don't have to bother with light leaks or timers. I think you'll get bigger yeilds if you'll transplant out of those dixie cups as soon as they break soil. IF it turns out to be a male and you don't want to chuck some pollen for home made auto AK47 seeds, you've only used the soil for 2-3 weeks at most, so IMO it's still good and you can just put that pot of dirt aside for the next seedling so it's not a waste.

OldHippieChick said:
Auto AK47 is one of my favorites. I've had several grows with them. I like those square rose pots but they don't make drip pans for them so I went back to the round pots... found some tall and narrow 3 gallon tree pots that are my favorite. Your grow looks fine. 20/4 is the minimum I'd do - I run mine 24/0 just because I don't have to bother with light leaks or timers. I think you'll get bigger yeilds if you'll transplant out of those dixie cups as soon as they break soil. IF it turns out to be a male and you don't want to chuck some pollen for home made auto AK47 seeds, you've only used the soil for 2-3 weeks at most, so IMO it's still good and you can just put that pot of dirt aside for the next seedling so it's not a waste.

thx for stopin in hippiechick yes i agree with transplanting straight into bigger pots with seedlings.its been a learning experince so far with this grow i ordered 3 gal grow bags this past week so from now on i will be going straight from the little peat pellets to the grow bags and i think i will finish thes 3 AKs in thes pots.i will be starting my outside grow soon now that the woods next too my house are now looking nice and green & lush and ready to start my plot in the next couple weeks i will have my hands full thats for shure im shure i will use the square pots for that grow

Week 4 update

ok everything is running smooth the girls are looking great the smallest plant seems two be about 2 weeks behind the other two in growth and flowering even tho all three beans were popped at the same time besides that everything is going good.just popped 2 auto cheese going to update that shortly​

002.JPG

004.JPG

003.JPG

001.JPG

005.JPG

Nice. They look happy.
Yeah I seem to always have one or two that are behind the others. I no longer pay attention to the weeks or the height - I watch the trichs.

thx hippie do think i will need i scope or just by looking at them with my naked eye.what i have read clear to amber/ all amber.guess everyone has their owen preference from your experience do ak's finish up around week 9 or guess it just all depends on what the trichs look like

thx for the Help:D

You most definately will need a scope - you need to order it now. - they don't cost that much on ebay. Amber will give you a couch lock buzz. I prefer milky trichs. My plants seem to be ready around ten weeks from breaking the soil. You can not do this without that scope. I mean you can, but you'll just be guessing and won't learn anything. I started playing with chop dates around my second grow. You need to do a search for SubCools Amber Alert article. It changed my way of thinking about chop dates and trichs.

hxxp://s.dealextreme.com/search/microscope

lots of scopes here, very cheap and free shipping worldwide. not the quickest delivery but ive used them before and they work.

Latest posts

Back