second grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conn

Reaction score
hey everyone

im just coming to the end of my first grow which could have been better but hey ya got to start somewhere. i made numerous mistakes but so what, hopefully i wont be making the same mistakes twice. my first grow was a few automatics but i'll be using feminised seeds this time. i germinated my seeds in the pots they ended up growing in. this time im going to transplant as the plants get bigger. i want to maximise yield compared to space the best way i can. the plan is to scrog this time. im only using a 4x2 tent but some videos ive seen on scroging, people are using 3 plants some are using one???? i have 3 banana Kush, 6 strawberry Kush and 5 master Kush seeds, to choose from, all white label from sensi seeds. any hints or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

hey everyone

im just coming to the end of my first grow which could have been better but hey ya got to start somewhere. i made numerous mistakes but so what, hopefully i wont be making the same mistakes twice. my first grow was a few automatics but i'll be using feminised seeds this time. i germinated my seeds in the pots they ended up growing in. this time im going to transplant as the plants get bigger. i want to maximise yield compared to space the best way i can. the plan is to scrog this time. im only using a 4x2 tent but some videos ive seen on scroging, people are using 3 plants some are using one???? i have 3 banana Kush, 6 strawberry Kush and 5 master Kush seeds, to choose from, all white label from sensi seeds. any hints or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,
I am 10 days into my first grow with autos. Did you try training the plants you are finishing at all and did you top them? I do not have enough exsperience to give you an opinion on the scroging method, but would be interested in following your progress.

hello

sorry but im as new to this as the next person. i just watched a video on you tube from a guy called "from Seed to Stoned" he talked about topping plants. im currently watching his tutorial on growing. check it out. Hope this helps. Maybe start your own thread as people here will help you out.

people are using 3 plants some are using one???

My opinion on that is that you should have a different SCRoG or net for each plant. If one has issues or finishes different times, make things very difficult.

I have only done it one time with a 3' X 5' net and hated everything about it, but I have back issues, so it was very hard to get under or bend over to do all the work involved with a SCRoG. It was a huge yield of one plant, but it also took a minute to veg it long enough to cover the screen. Also, flip to flower when your net or screen is about 60% full, otherwise you might have a hard time keeping all the plant on the net.

As far as strain, I wouldn't think there's much difference, but honestly have no clue.

Scrog is a lot of work! Training is a daily chore in the veg cycle and as previously mentioned you have to be careful not to overgrow your screen. It has been what seems like a lifetime since I have done a scrog, but if you are pressed for space or light or both it is a great method for maximizing your yield:D

2b2s

I like to train my plants with scrog in mind as I go along. The amount of space per plant will be determined by how long you veg for. You can grow one plant and train it to fill a 4x4 screen if you have the time. I like to have a variety of smoke, so I'll do a little topping, a little tying down to the side of the bucket and then right before I go into flower, I put the screen just above the canopy. As it stretches, I weave it under the screen, keeping its growth horizontal instead of vertical as best as I can. This also helps your side shoots be level with the tip of the plant and they become colas too.

Latest posts

Back