second hand smoke

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have friends that have tryed them and said they worked. I have friends that have tryed the same ones and failed. I dont think anything realy works past any companys marketing pitch.

That's funny MP. It's geting just about that bad. I have a union job and we get tested every 3 months or so. They say it's a random thing. But if you ever hear a rumor about someone goin out and getin trashed at a party that weekend. You can put money on it that they will be going down to pee in the next few weeks.

As it is right now. When I show up to work. If it is a day you take a drug test. They dont tell you. You show up. You punch in. A nurse and a manager and a union rep. take you by the arm, make you turn out all your pockets, and you have to pee right there and now. And you cant leave till you do, or your fired.

It's sad. But being a union job. If someone does get caught. They have 30 days to clean up and they get to take the test again. It's in the union contract.

And the only places you can get a job without taking a test anymore in the US are small mom and pop stores, shops, and stuff. Most company drivin work forces are drug tested.

Never knew that man, this is really quite freaky.

Where is this world going to?

Let we all be hippies and live in India :)

MarP, here in the States, mandatory random drug testing has been around for years. DS said it - you go to work, they pull you into the office and have you give the specimen right then & there - no warning at all.

Most companies of any kind of any size do the random tests - if there is poor work performance, illness on the job, or an accident - off you go to be tested. And if the test is positive, most of the time you are just terminated.

A union contract might prevent that, but very few places are union here...

Another thing here is pre-employment screening - lots of people have to pass a drug test before they are put on the payroll.

I have known of a few companies with no screening at all, ever - those are the ones where the boss rolls up his own phat one & goes out on break with the boyz...;)

I have known of a few companies with no screening at all, ever - those are the ones where the boss rolls up his own phat one & goes out on break with the boyz...

I guess people would be fighting to have a job there :)

But all in all it quite bizarre I think.

It is a way of life with us here...people who smoke work at fast-food restaurants and at the small jobs, while corporate-minded people just quit, or don`t smoke at all. That is why cocaine is so popular here - it only stays in the system for 24 hours - one more reason to legalize marijuana. :(

Latest posts

Back