Second timer here, hello!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roughly 2 months into flower, these ladies take their time, my first grow of the same strains I harvested at about 3 months. I'm going to push these ones a little farther.
Took the time to do some much-needed trimming today, which I'm glad I did. Removed a lot of shade leaves to let light down into the lower Bud sites. There were a lot of areas that were densely packed with leaves and bright green so I'm sure they would have caused a problem with moisture later on down the road. The one top Center there is ever so slightly turning yellow, it doesn't get treated differently than any other plant there so I suppose it's just the strain. Not exactly sure what it is but it gets you high. The whole plan here was from the beginning to get more tops and hopefully decrease cola size because I had an issue with moisture on my first run and caused minor bud rot.
I love the smell of these things, they're all citrusy with the exception of the Gorilla Glue. The one bottom center and bottom right have a berry essence. They look like they have sugar glazed all over them. But density is nice and firm and I did so much lollipopping that even the lower buds that develop and receive less light are big enough to keep, say the size of a ping pong ball.
I do like the way it turned out this way, trying to create a flat top and screening it made it a lot easier to work with cuz I don't have to reach all through the plant to trim. Aroma seems to be more pungent also. Here's some pics!
20221017_154607.jpg
20221017_154659.jpg
20221017_155141.jpg
20221017_155504.jpg
20221017_155428.jpg

I'm going to put this here in an attempt to be inconspicuous because I don't know the rules but would anybody happen to have an overabundance of seeds and be willing to help a fellow grow her out? If anybody feels any willing to help me out please PM me. Thank you!

Time for an update here. Put up a posterior while ago asking about nutrients and I think I picked the right ones. There has been a remarkable Improvement using general hydroponics MaxiBloom, they have definitely put on some weight in just three watering Cycles. I've used the nutrients on them for the last three waterings. The stuff also seems to have brought the smell out a little better. Overall I'll say I am pretty satisfied with them nutrients, they showed results rapidly which is what I really needed was the plants were lacking and had been a few weeks without the addition of nutrients.
The one plant there that's turning purple there I'm having a hard time with the smell that I'm leaning towards a grapish smell. Hopefully it'll develop more as the plant finishes up in the chlorophyll Works its way out. The plant in the second to last picture smells excellent, puts me in the mindset of smelling a cherry orange Taffy, it's an extremely sweet smell that just makes you want to lick it. 🤣 With the exception of the Gorilla Glue and the purple one all of these smell fruity. It's very similar to walking through a fruit section of the supermarket and picking up fruit and smelling it, kind of like that rindy fruity smell. The plant in the last picture just to the right of the wooden divider smells a little Tangy, reminds me more of a lemon than anything.
To be truthful I'm not even 100% sure on what these seeds are anymore, I know where the seeds came from because I removed them from the bulk bags myself however some seeds may have been mixed in that I collected over the years and they throw me for a loop. I may not know exactly what everything is but I know that it's growing well. I suppose you got to start somewhere, I fretted so much on the first row about not getting one that was purple but now reflecting on it I don't think I got a chance to grow that strain last time. They must have turned out male and been discarded. I know I planted four of them seeds this time around and I'm only left with one plant so it must not have a very good male-female ratio. Well that's all for now bits & bites.
20221021_120626.jpg
20221021_120755.jpg
20221021_120818.jpg
20221021_120925.jpg
20221021_121352.jpg
20221021_121546.jpg

I did my last scrog a little different. After I got tired of tucking the veg down below the screen, I let 'em come up for 2 or 3 weeks and once they'd established some fairly large bud sites, I hacked everything below the screen. Buds turned out great.

Two posts here, and here's a pretty exciting development. I was just saying in a post earlier that I don't think I got a female plant of this strain last time, I just decided to start checking these out because I'm roughly 60 days since 12/12 switch and my surprise this one's starting to turn Amber. I guess it's time to back off the nutrients and do a flush once I see Amber appear on the buds themselves. All of the other plants on my first run took 90 to 100 days, that's ballparking it, and none of the other plants in the tent are showing any signs of Amber yet. This is exciting, I really didn't expect this. I hope a lot more of the purple comes out. The first pic is right up against the bud so you can see Amber hasn't got to the bud yet.
20221022_153955.jpg
20221022_153730.jpg
20221022_154032.jpg
20221022_154200.jpg
20221022_154408.jpg

Anybody have any opinions and what they think's going on here? This plant is treated no differently than any other plant in the tent. Even the trichomes do not look right, I'm leaning toward just bad genetics. This plant also grows pretty scraggly, I had one of these on the first run and It produced bud that's still doesn't smell like bud after 2 months of curing. It smells really earthy but ironically it's one of the stronger ones that I grew. I guess if the Bud's good there ain't really much to complain about.
20221022_154745.jpg
20221022_154831.jpg
20221022_154843.jpg

Anybody have any opinions and what they think's going on here? This plant is treated no differently than any other plant in the tent. Even the trichomes do not look right, I'm leaning toward just bad genetics. This plant also grows pretty scraggly, I had one of these on the first run and It produced bud that's still doesn't smell like bud after 2 months of curing. It smells really earthy but ironically it's one of the stronger ones that I grew. I guess if the Bud's good there ain't really much to complain about.View attachment 311708View attachment 311709View attachment 311710
Different phenotypes happen even in ‘stabilized’ strains. Just some gene combination expressing itself. Not a bad deal to get strong smoke from a weird plant.

Latest posts

Back